PDA

View Full Version : I got a new job :)

aly
03-31-2005, 11:12 AM
Just wanted to share my great news. I got accepted for a position at a vet clinic. I am beyond excited because this clinic is amazing. They have helped me with several bad situations and emergencies I've had with previous fosters. And they were the ones who helped Chance both times he was so sick :D They are in the business to help animals, not for money. They try to help people as MUCH as they can without just charging you a million dollars for even walking in the door. They are nice, nice, nice people. The owner and lead vet also happens to be my best friend's ex-husband. I start on Monday and CAN'T WAIT!!

I am no longer working for the shelter, but I will still be a faithful volunteer. I could never leave that place, especially after spending almost every day of the past 5 years there.

I wanted some experience in the vet field so I could learn as much as possible and hopefully one day become a canine behaviorist.

I'm very, very excited so I just wanted to share with you all!

Oh, I also have started to volunteer for a local rescue group and will be an active foster home. I am getting my first foster from them next week. It just became too hard on my emotions to foster for the shelter anymore. I still won't stop volunteering for the shelter, but I'm not sure that I can foster for them. I am more than thrilled with this group that I am working with now. They are a FUN, energetic, nice group of people. A lot of rescue groups are full of burnt-out people who argue all the time. This group is NOT like that though. They are truly wonderful people. I am thinking of taking a 3-legged Chihuahua as my first foster, but I'll see who needs me most next week.

:)

moosmom
03-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Congratulations!!!! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Congratulation, Aly! Sounds wonderful! :D

robinh
03-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Congratulations on the new job!!

I'm glad you're fostering again. You have too big a heart and are too good at it to quit. I'm finding out that fostering is the HARDEST job in the world. You grow to love them enough to keep, but have to love them enough to give them to a new home - very tough!

Kater
03-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Yippeeeee!!! :D CONGRATS!
This clinic sounds just wonderful. I love it when it is readily apparent that a veterinarian is in the field for the animals and not the money. If they just wanted money they could have easily pursued a higher-paying career for comparable schooling costs. Anyway, fantastic news about the job! I'm so thrilled for you! :D
I'm also excited to learn that you have found another rescue group with whom you can continue fostering. I know you love fostering tremendously, but I can imagine how unhappy and difficult people would take a lot of the fun out of it. I’m so pleased to think that you will truly be able to enjoy it again! :D
Oh, and I expect foster pictures soon... whether you end up fostering the sweet Chi or another cutie. ;)
{{{{HUGS}}}}

tatsxxx11
03-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Wow!!! Congratulations Aly:) I'm so happy for you. It's sounds like a positive change! I think you're going to love the new job and aren't THEY the lucky ones to have YOU! And those foster pups don't know what fun they're in for:D Happy to that you'll still be able to have a hand in the shelter work. I'm thrilled for you friend, I really am!

jazzcat
03-31-2005, 12:07 PM
Congrats Aly! It's sounds like a very good opportunity for you. I hope all goes well with your fostering with the rescue. I'll be looking for updates and pictures.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Congrats Aly. It sounds PURRFECT for you!!!

Orca
03-31-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm SO glad you got the job and I really hope is as good as you make it sound! I love my job a lot too and I know its a great feeling when enjoy going to work each day. Its cool that you want to do dog behavior...I'm in college studying animal behavior! :D

Karen
03-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Congratulations, that sounds perfect!

Logan
03-31-2005, 01:12 PM
It certainly does sound perfect, Aly!!!! :) Congratulations!!!! :D

KYS
03-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Congratulations! I am very happy for you.

Oggyflute
04-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Well done & congratulations mate.:)

Barbara
04-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Congratulations, Aly:) This sounds just like what you deserve- the best:) :) :)

ramanth
04-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Yay Aly!! :D

QueenScoopalot
04-01-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm happy for you Ali! :D Sounds like a job that's 'right up your aly':D

wolflady
04-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Yay! Congratulations Aly! I think this job will be perfect for you and you will indeed learn a lot. You are such a compassionate person, so I know you will be an asset to your veterinary clinic!

I'm also happy that you found a new group to foster for. It is a tremendous gift and I admire you a lot for that.

Good luck on your first day! I'm going to want to hear all about it! :D
**hugs**

RobiLee
04-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Congrats Aly! This sound perfect for you.

krazyaboutkatz
04-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Congrats Aly! This sounds purrfect for you.:D

AmberLee
04-03-2005, 12:56 AM
Congrats, I'm so excited for you!

EssTer
04-03-2005, 04:13 AM
That´s wonderful!Congradulations :)

aly
04-05-2005, 06:56 AM
Thanks everyone! I started yesterday and it is a bit overwhelming. I held myself together well though, despite the emergencies and the very sick cases. They are a great bunch of people at that clinic and I REALLY love the girls and the vet who I work closely with.

Hopefully by the end of this week I'll feel a bit more settled!

GraciesMommy
04-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Congrat!!

anna_66
04-05-2005, 09:00 AM
That's just wonderful Aly, I'm so happy for you!

Nomilynn
04-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Aly! You have to come online and tell me about it :) I'm glad things are going well so far :)

sandragonfly
04-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I remember my first day working at an animal hospital with SIXTEEN veterarians, multivet assistants.. I got through and everything WILL seem like you have been there for MANY years in next week! congrats! and good luck with three-legged or else!! we will be thinking of you :) :)