PDA

View Full Version : Show Dogs

elizabethann
03-31-2005, 09:24 AM
Anybody watch Showdog Moms & Dads last night on the Bravo Channel last night? What did you think of it?

cookieluver7
03-31-2005, 04:11 PM
:confused: I've never heard of that. What's it about?

sammy101
03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
I havent heard of it either.but there was a show like that on Animal Planet,where they followed around people who showed their dogs,etc.is it like that?(if you've seen it)

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-31-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by sammy101
I havent heard of it either.but there was a show like that on Animal Planet,where they followed around people who showed their dogs,etc.is it like that?(if you've seen it)

Same here! :p :confused: ;)

Suki Wingy
03-31-2005, 09:55 PM
It was really good! The gay couple was just too funny! I was all mad when It was over, and I can't wait for next week!! The wiem laby was too gigly, anyone else think so??

Giselle
03-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Some of the parts made me really p!ssed off. Example- The gay couple and the TFT. HMMMMM. Who the heck trains their show dog by dragging it on the grass by a halter?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? If a dog does not like to show, it WILL NOT WIN. It's so stupid and counter productive. I bet the "trainer" never once stepped into the ring. It was hilarious how they were trying to collect the GSD's sperm though. I have no idea why the vet kept saying "Good man, good man, good man" so seductively. I don't know if that's normal procedure, but....um ew? I saw that the Whippet couple slammed on Pat, LOLOLOL. Smart move;) As for Adam--- HAAAAAAAAHAHAHA. "Who beat me? Who beat me? Who beat me?":rolleyes: Sportsmanship, indeed!

elizabethann
04-01-2005, 08:06 AM
It's basically a show that follows about 5 couples around as they try to show their dogs. There's a gay couple who purchased a Toy Fox Terrier puppy and they brought him to a trainer. It was sad because at one point the puppy was yelping and crying! I think it was scared. Then there's a woman (who I think I saw on Animal Planet's animal talent show - can't remember the name) who performs with her dog (jumping through hoops, jumping over her, etc.). She's cool but her voice started to bug me after awhile. Then there's a couple who are trying to get their champion German Shepards to have babies. The doctor kept patting this dog and saying "Good Man". It was kind of freaky. Then there's this Mother who wants her Son to show. So she's teaching him...but he lost and he wasn't happy. Poor kid. Then there's a couple who show whippets. I think the husband used to be a judge of show dogs and he couldn't understand why his dog lost to a puppy whippet! It's pretty entertaining because you wonder where the heck did they find these people? The dogs are cute. I'll continue to watch it.

LKPike
04-01-2005, 08:46 AM
I MISSED IT!!! :(:(:(:(:(:( was planning on watching, but forgot and tuned in 5 minutes before it went off :(:(:(:(

elizabethann
04-01-2005, 09:10 AM
They repeated it last night at 8pm. If you go to the Bravo Channel's website, they may repeat it again. I think it's on every Wednesday night at 10:00.

Check your local listings. :D

LuvGold00
04-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Ahh! I missed it too!! I'll have to check the TV Guide and see if they will be playing it again.

Elizabethann;
Just noticed your from New Hampshire too! :)

elizabethann
04-01-2005, 10:13 AM
SunKissedGoldens, I live in Candia and work in Concord! Nice too see there's somebody else from NH on these forums! Enjoy the rainy weekend!!

sammy101
04-01-2005, 06:11 PM
i just watched it!Well the beginning.Its the one with the couple with 3 GSD's and a Phoroah Hound.and a couple with 2 Whippets
i like it already!!:D

elizabethann
04-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Okay, did anybody happen to catch last nights episode of Show Dog Moms & Dads? If you did, what was up with that woman who's dog bit that man in the park? Was she bizarre or what? Can you just hear her when she explains it all to the judge? "Your Honor...my dog bites me in the privates???" Seriously, what's up with that???? It looked like she got a ticket and will have to appear in court. I felt bad for her dog. I don't think that woman should even own a dog. And what's up with the couple who were arguing and ended up calling the police? I felt so bad for their dogs because they were screaming at one another! Those poor little dogs! I felt bad for the "Happy Lady" whose dog hurt his paw. I hope he'll be okay.

cali
04-07-2005, 09:04 AM
lol I heard the kira sundance and her weim were going to be on it and that turned me off right then and there. why? because that woman drives me crazy, she did her number reutine on petstar impressing people with her dogs ability to pick up the block with her scent all over it er I mean "count"

lute
04-07-2005, 09:10 AM
dang it! i was gonna watch that! grr.

do you think it will be on agian?

elizabethann
04-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Go to the bravo channel and see when it'll be on again. It may be on again tonight. Not sure. Yes, the "Happy Lady" (Kira) is a little too bubbly for me. Last night, she and her dog did an agility trial. After that, they went to someones home and "perfomed" for a little girls birthday party. Her dog was tired so it didn't perform very well. The little girls father gave her a check after the show. $500!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think it was right for her to charge him $500 for a 1/2 a$$ job. What a rip off. But the guy looked pretty wealthy. So $500 was probably pocket change. I have to admit that after her dog got hurt on the beach I was very sympathetic and felt bad for her. She really really loves that dog and it shows. I hope it'll be okay but we won't know till next weeks episode.

LKPike
04-07-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm in love with the weim. (( Chalcy? Chelsea?? )) Her owner drives me nuts though, everytime she "laughs" I have to copy it cause its so d@mn rediculous. hanhanahan,, like a horse or something!.

I don't think the gay couple should be allowed to own dogs, they really don't seem like stable people....

and the foreign woman... "He ((her dog)) bite my vagina TWICE.." :rolleyes: just one word: counseling.

Jadapit
04-07-2005, 03:07 PM
I think the show is great. Omg the gay couple crack me up. Talk about drama queens. Lol. I was shocked when the happy lady was paid $500.00 for the kids b-day party.:eek:

We have a tivo so I programed that show to record. I'm anxious to see how the happy ladies dog does with her paw. Poor thing. She sure is a beautiful dog. I agree with you LKPike that ladies laugh is so annoying. Her poor husband huh?:rolleyes: Lol.

Suki Wingy
04-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by LKPike
I'm in love with the weim. (( Chalcy? Chelsea?? ))
It's Chalcy, she even has her own logo. The way they portray dog show people is wrong, but I still love to watch this show! These idiots are hilarious!