PDA

View Full Version : New here - just wanted to say hello!

kilbarchancats
03-31-2005, 06:58 AM
I've only just joined as a user after my big handsome darling Max puss boy was COTD on Tuesday - 29th. Thanks so much to everyone for their replies and lovely comments.

This does seem like a nice, friendly site and well I'll need to organise pictures of Candy and Tom too so you can all see they are just as good looking as their big brother.

Anyway, my name's Laura, I'm 29 and live in a small village called Kilbarchan which is in the West of Scotland, just a few miles out from Glasgow. My cats are just the be all and end all to me and I love them so much as I'm sure you'll all understand. They are little furry human beings and such complex little characters - I don't think two cats could ever have the same personalities. Certainly a pet psychiatrist would be baffled in our house, thanks to the goings on.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Hopefully see you all about here soon!

laurax.

Cosmicat
03-31-2005, 07:11 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :)

kimlovescats
03-31-2005, 07:32 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, I look forward to meeting all of your kitties!:D

Barbara
03-31-2005, 07:43 AM
Laura, you fit in here purrfectly:) and we are looking forward to the pics of your crew!

rosethecopycat
03-31-2005, 07:55 AM
Welcome to PT from Orlando FL.

Can't wait to see your kitties.

Denyce
03-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Welcome!

I am looking forward to seeing your cats. I have always wanted to visit Scotland...who knows...perhaps some day. :)
I have 5 cats...a husky and a betta fish.

Denyce

Laura's Babies
03-31-2005, 10:29 AM
WELCOME to PT Laura from Laura, the River Rat of the Mississippi River in the good ole USA! I am Laura of Laura's Babies and my babies are in my siggy below. Can't wait to see YOUR babies!

Kick back and enjoy looking at the pictures of all our babies. We love pictures here so post away!!

aguu
03-31-2005, 10:32 AM
Welcome form me (Agnes) and my two furboys Mishka and Bean!!
from Toronto, Canada!!!!!!!!!

Shady
03-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Welcome.

Also from Toronto Canada, and my name is Tess.

My furkids are in my signature.

Pictures please! :)

jazzcat
03-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Welcome to PT!!!!!

RedHedd
03-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk from sunny San Francisco!

catlover4ever
03-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk from sunny Connecticut. I'm Meg and my babies are in my signature below. You sure did pick the right place to come to.....I sure look forward to seeing some photos of your kitties. Welcome again. --- Meg

Cataholic
03-31-2005, 02:19 PM
Welcome to you from sunny Ohio (he he he). My cats are usually displayed in my signature, but, I am experiencing technical difficulties, and my 'helper' is on vacation!

Will this fix it?

carole
03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Kia Ora (hello) and welcome to PT, great to see another Scot on PT, Killearns Kitties is the only other scot here I think, I am a Scot by birth, but have lived in NZ all my life bar six months.

I am certain you will enjoy your time here, it is a special place filled with many wonderful animal loving people, who will give you a laugh,share your worries and woes,entertain you, and educate you, so come on by often so we can get to know you and your furbabies.:)

catnapper
03-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Welcome to PT Laura!

My name is Kim and I share my home with 4 kitties (plus foster kitties) one dog, a hubby and three teenagers. I work from home, so I get to play with the cats all day long! :D

Felicia's Mom
03-31-2005, 03:23 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! My name is Nancy and my cats are Felicia and Beau. You can see their pictures in my signature. I will be looking foreward to seeing pictures of your cats.

NoahsMommy
03-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Welcome, Laura! :) You'll like it here.

I can't wait to see and hear more about your furfamily.

I'm Kelly and I have 8 indoor cats. They are my little angles. :)

Randi
05-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Welcome to PT, Laura. You'll fit in here like a hand in a glove! :D

I'm living in Copenhagen with Fister who is nearly 9 years old, you can see him in my avatar.

Btw, we have another member from Scotland - Killiarn Kitties. :)

kuhio98
05-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Welcome Laura. We're looking forward to seeing pictures of your kitties. We love pictures!

My name is Lisa and you can see my kitties down below. I used to live in Edinburgh but I don't remember much except being cold. I was only 3 years old when we left. Little did I know, that we would some day move to Alaska. Talk about cold! :D

King Spartacus
05-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Welcome Laura and kitties!!!

Nice to see a fellow Scot!!! Hoots man!!!

furrykidsmother
05-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Welcome to PT. Looking forward to meeting your babies!!

Mad Mags Moo
05-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi Laura!
I am also from Scotland but am living in Gloucestershire for my sins!!!!
Welcome to PT! I am owned by two cats...Bubble and Squeak...photos are somewhere on this site!
Here is Squeak:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/madmagsmoo/CNV00004.jpg

And Bubble:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/madmagsmoo/bubssnoozing.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-13-2005, 10:11 AM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/Smilies%20550%20welcome_kittiesletters.gif to Pettalk, Laura!!

My usersname here is Maya & Inka's mommy , real name is Lut. I have 2 cats, a bunny, a guinea pig, and many fish. I live in Belgium, so that is not so far away from you. Scotland is such a beautiful country; it hbrings back happy memories to me, as we went to Qcotland on our honeymoon! We even went back 2 years later, and went all up to the Isle Of Skye. It was very sunny then!!

You will love it here!!:)

Grace
05-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Welcome Laura.

Gretchen here - mother to Duffy, Reese, Abby, Grady and Red - each one a fantastic feline.

My paternal grandfather was born in Scotland - Glasgow. He designed and built his own boat, and named her Ailsa Craig, after the rock off Turnberry.

rg_girlca
05-13-2005, 06:30 PM
A big Hearty Welcome Laura.

I am looking forward to meeting your cats.

You can see my furkids in my signature, plus I have a little 5 week old kitty in my room that was rescued from the back lane.

Hope to hear more from you and to see pictures of your kitties.:D

RedHedd
05-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Welcome to PT! Georgia here in Sunny California, owned by two fur-beasts, the wonderful Mr. Mishi my Main Goon and the itsy-bitsy pretty kitty, Ms. Mitzi, the roundest calico in the west.

kittycats_delight
05-13-2005, 07:43 PM
WELCOME TO PET TALK

I'm Michelle and I am from Ontario, Canada. I know you will fit right in here with all of us. I have 2 girls. Lilith and Vixen and they are in my siggy. Look forward to seeing lots of pics of your furrbabies

rkidsrcats
05-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi there from The Tribe:
Samson - the Golden Pyrenees, William the White, Percy Peapod
Norbert, Tiger, and Pippin (our little blind cat - or The Round Mound of Ground Round as we sometimes call him...;)

Craftlady
05-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Welcome to PT. I'm Becky from Kentucky. I have 3 fur babies names Skinny, Eleanor and Thumper. I'm a stay at home cat mom :)

momcat
05-15-2005, 02:49 PM
..... and I'm pleased to say hello to you, too!!!!! Welcome to Pet Talk! Groucho and I are in Trenton, New Jersey. Groucho is a 4 year old black and white kitty that adopted me when he was 7 weeks old. I believe that our pets choose us. My grandmother was born and grew up in Dundee, one summer she took me with her for a six week visit and some touring. We did spend a little time in Glasgow. Scotland is a beautiful country with some of the nicest people I have ever met. At the time, I had a Scottish Terrier registered with the AKC as Haggis MacPherson. While we were in Edinburgh, my grandmother went to a tartan shop for a piece of the MacPherson tartan and my mom made him a coat of it. I'm sure you can imagine how striking that tartan was on my black Scottie! He wouldn't go for a walk without it, and outside he would strut with pride as if he knew what he was wearing. I look forward to hearing from you again very soon!

QueenScoopalot
05-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Welcome Laura! I'm Jan, and am slave to many rescued kitties, three dogs, an iguana (she made POTD a while back) and there's always more coming through the door from off the streets. I sure hope you stay a while, so we can meet more of your furkids. :)

Edwina's Secretary
05-15-2005, 08:10 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pcec72dccef7c00f629b6b26c118edc22/fbaecf95.jpg