PDA

View Full Version : We are back online!

Paul
02-17-2001, 01:54 AM
   Dog of the Day, Cat of the Day, and Pet of the Day were off the Internet because of a hardware failure that disconnected our ISP sometime Friday afternoon. We are very glad to be back online.

Pam
02-17-2001, 05:58 AM
Paul.....You were missed!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif So glad that you are back!!!

Daisy's Mom
02-17-2001, 09:22 AM
Oh I was thinking it was just me it wasn't working for. I freaked out, screaming that I was missing Pet Talk. My family thought I was crazy. Glad everything's back to normal! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

RachelJ
02-17-2001, 09:32 AM
I'm addicted to Dog of the Day and Pet Talk. I generally log in several times a day to get my fix. So I was going through a mini withdrawal when I couldn't get there! I started to hyperventilate...tried to do some other sites, but of course THAT didn't help! Thank goodness you are back. Ahhh, I feel better now!

Sudilar
02-17-2001, 10:22 AM
Missed you very much!! Thought the problem was on my end!!! Glad you're back!

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***

ownerof3dogs
02-17-2001, 01:20 PM
I thought that it was me. I tried to get on about 10 times. Glad everything is fixed now.

gini
02-17-2001, 07:05 PM
I may as well add my two cents. I too, tried to get on and was disturbed that I couldn't. I remember last time as well, and I didn't like it one bit. You have no idea how much all of us rely on you. Whenever we want to be cheered up all we need to do is go to Pet Of The Day. Glad that we are all together again.

------------------

4 feline house
02-17-2001, 07:18 PM
It was a cold and dreary day. I sat at my terminal, listlessly clicking on all my bookmarks, but it just wasn't the same. My real favorite was gone. Cat of the Day, why did you have to leave? Was it something I did? Will you ever come back? I tried some of the other pet sites, but I felt dirty, like I had been cheating on my lover. I tried going in through Netscape, even AOL, but Cat of the Day still was not responding. How was I ever going to click on Spencer's latest link? How was I going to feel comforted without Karen's beautiful poems? Where was I going to get my laughs without reading about Boots's latest adventure? I offered a burnt sacrifice of floppies and CDs to appease the computer gods, hoping that they would bring me back my Cat of the Day, but it was not to be. I gave up, went to bed, and dropped into a fitful sleep, dreaming about Butter, Pui Pui, and Trevor...and all their digital cohorts. I got up this morning and took Bigs to the vet for his annual kitty shots and wondered if I would ever know about Sundance's vet appointment. Later that day, I tried clicking my COTD bookmark again, resigned to the fact that I would get another "server can't be found" error. But, what's this? "Server found, connecting to site"! Can it be? Is it finally back? Did my burnt offering work? Suddenly, a black and white face pops on my screen! Bacardi! Cat of the Day is back and all is good in the world!

Logan
02-17-2001, 07:45 PM
4 Feline House, That was hilarious! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif
Poor thing, you were suffering withdrawals. Poor Sandra (Tatsxxxx) even e-mailed me because she was so depressed about not getting in!
I wasn't here, so I didn't know, but I think I would have been in the dumps too if I couldn't get in on a Friday evening.
Instead, my lovely daughter and I drove to Charlotte and watched the LA Lakers and Shaq beat the Hornets. We had a wonderful time!

Pam
02-17-2001, 08:15 PM
4 Feline House.....The laugh I got out of your note is almost worth all the worrying that I had done about the strange disappearance of Cat/Dog/Pet of the Day!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif I think you have spoken quite eloquently on behalf of all of us!! You sure made me chuckle tonight!!

Logan
02-17-2001, 11:31 PM
I must admit that I don't worry constantly, but have done the "what if" thing. I know my daughter would be well taken care of by her dad if something happened to me, but what about the rest of them? Oh, Spencer, why did I read your post when I was just about to call it a night and go to sleep? Wouldn't it be great to have someone just step into your place and take over where you left off? Every one of my pets is so easy to love, that I can only hope that they would have happy homes. I have a friend that I know would take Honey and Mimi in a heartbeat, but the rest of them...I don't know. You have given me the "push" to think about all of them and what would happen if I weren't able to care for them, or God forbid, I was gone. What an awful thing to think about..........

gini
02-19-2001, 05:22 PM
The first image that came to my mind when I read this was, Snoopy on top of his doghouse with his typewriter. Although I think he said it was a "dark and stormy night" - same as cold and dreary day.

Originally posted by 4 feline house:
It was a cold and dreary day. I sat at my terminal, listlessly clicking on all my bookmarks, but it just wasn't the same. My real favorite was gone. Cat of the Day, why did you have to leave? Was it something I did? Will you ever come back? I tried some of the other pet sites, but I felt dirty, like I had been cheating on my lover. I tried going in through Netscape, even AOL, but Cat of the Day still was not responding. How was I ever going to click on Spencer's latest link? How was I going to feel comforted without Karen's beautiful poems? Where was I going to get my laughs without reading about Boots's latest adventure? I offered a burnt sacrifice of floppies and CDs to appease the computer gods, hoping that they would bring me back my Cat of the Day, but it was not to be. I gave up, went to bed, and dropped into a fitful sleep, dreaming about Butter, Pui Pui, and Trevor...and all their digital cohorts. I got up this morning and took Bigs to the vet for his annual kitty shots and wondered if I would ever know about Sundance's vet appointment. Later that day, I tried clicking my COTD bookmark again, resigned to the fact that I would get another "server can't be found" error. But, what's this? "Server found, connecting to site"! Can it be? Is it finally back? Did my burnt offering work? Suddenly, a black and white face pops on my screen! Bacardi! Cat of the Day is back and all is good in the world!