PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden fruit, Nawtee Hilary Swank....

carole
03-30-2005, 07:35 PM
I just saw on our news last night that actress Hilary Swank was down under last October and was caught with an apple and an orange in her hand luggage, a big NO NO, can you believe she decided to fight the fine instead of paying up straight away, the fine was only 200 dollars a mere pittance to Hilary.

She tried to get out of paying it, but I am pleased to hear that our ministry of Agriculture does not give celebrity's any preferencial treatment.

She ended up paying the fine and 30 dollars court costs, and sending a letter of apology stating she was tired after a 20 hours flight and simply forgot, well aren't we all, still all is well, but if she had not be caught, goodness know's the risk she was putting NZ in.

cloverfdx
03-30-2005, 07:43 PM
She ended up paying the fine and 30 dollars court costs, and sending a letter of apology stating she was tired after a 20 hours flight and simply forgot, well aren't we all, still all is well, but if she had not be caught, goodness know's the risk she was putting NZ in.

She finally gave in eh.

When i saw that on the news i was shocked that she would even try to get out of paying her fine. Glad to hear she had to pay up though, as if a measly $200 was going to brake her, realy.

But.... She is still a kick butt actress :p.

carole
03-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Oh I agree Hilary is awesome, I think she is ever so cool, cannot understand her logic though in kicking up a fuss, maybe it's her background, she grew up poor didn't she? so she still probably fights for every dollar.

Despite it all, she apparently had a great time here and loved it, hey what's not to love eh? lol:) :D

moosmom
03-31-2005, 08:48 AM
Did she KNOW the law about taking fruit out of the country? I mean, maybe she just decided to pack a snack and didn't give it any thought. I would've done that!

gini
03-31-2005, 11:07 AM
Good for New Zealand. I think that they make it very clear aboard the plane that you cannot bring fruits into NZ.

It is just like California.........we have been fighting the Med-fly
because someone brought in illegal fruit.

Orca
03-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
But.... She is still a kick butt actress :p.
She is one of my favorite actresses, loved her in Boys Don't Cry.
But come on? She couldn't pay up $200? :rolleyes:

carole
03-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Donna everyone who can read, knows the rules regarding taking fruit into NZ, it is in clear black and white on all information provided on the aeroplane as Gini pointed out, so there is no excuse, but yes of course she probably forgot, she is human after all, but her little human error could have cost NZ bigtime, this is a serious matter, but she was caught so no harm done.

I cannot understand Hilary's objection to paying the fine, she did the crime, so there is no principal involved, maybe she is just tight with her cash, or expected because she had celebrity status she would be let off, not a chance in Aotearoa Hilary.

Yes Hilary you still rock , great actress, we kiwi's forgive you, and welcome you back with open arms, I believe she is coming down under again soon, bet she eats all her apples and oranges on the plane this time lol. :D