PDA

View Full Version : Being sick, mythical insects and JUST DO IT!

RICHARD
03-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Having a cold really sucks.

You have to find the right medicines, the right position to sleep in and the right nurse to care for you.

I have been fighting a cold since last Friday and the last two nights have been kinda thrilling-If you enjoy danger,
cat's claws and the possibility of giving blood......

I hunkered down for the evening on Sunday and the Edster climbed into bed with me and assumed his
usual position, head in the armpit, his back along the inside of my arm.

I start to read and WHAM he grabs a hold of my polo shirt that I'm wearing.....It's nails into the shirt and my skin...

It's a black Nike polo shirt...........It's an old shirt that is baggy
enough not to feel constricting and the neck opens so I don't wake up from the dream when the monster
starts choking me.

Startled, I look for the bug, that may be flying around the room........NOPE, NOTHING....

A few seconds later....WHAM.....he grabs me and the shirt again......

I get out of bed, check for bugs or a spider and see nada, zilch, zero....

We readjust ourselves and head off to the land of Winken, Blinken and Nod......

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night, after his patrol of the house, water dish and all points of the compass the Edster climbs back
into his spot and starts to doze off....

WHAM......

Nails into the nipple this time....

"ED, What the hell is the matter with you?????"

I shake him off, shake the bed out and see no insect type insects in the area....

A few minutes later........8 claws to the chest ....I check again...beng sick I have no patience for this game-playing.

NOTHING....

WHAM!!!!! Third time's the charm........

The Edster has been trying to catch the NIKE SWOOSH, the trademark that is embroidered on the left
breast of the polo shirt I have been wearing to bed for the last two nights.

When I looked down he had his claws caught in the embroidery of the swoosh...I finally figured out that he thought it was
something moving because as I'd take labored breaths the shirt and the swoosh would pulse in time with my respirations...

I tucked the the offensive logo underneath me, looked into his eyes and right before I turned off the light said to the
Edster.........Just TRY IT................:rolleyes:

PJ's Mom
03-30-2005, 05:57 PM
OMG! LOL Poor you. :D

catmandu
03-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Wow! That Edster,really,is a handful.Maybe,if he had a spayed Girl Friend,he wouldnt obsess,with attacking you,and getting,in your way.The Found Cats,think,that The Great White Hope,is lonely.

slick
03-30-2005, 06:20 PM
:D :D :D
Honest to God Richard, you should quit that stressful job and become a writer.....

rg_girlca
03-30-2005, 06:44 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!! No poem to go along with this!!!!!:eek:

I'm sorry RICHARD, I don't mean to laugh, welll, yeah I do, but that was a real funny story.
No word of a lie, I had a t-shirt with a little bee on it and my RB Captain use to do the same thing. The only good part was that it was, ummmmmmm, lets just say, if I was wearing a polo shirt with a pocket, it was above the pocket.:D

Edster, keep up those antics of yours so we can continue to hear your stories.:)

NoahsMommy
03-30-2005, 06:48 PM
ha ha!! Eddie, you are one funny cat!

;)

Ouch though...that had to have hurt. :(

RICHARD
03-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
WHAT!!!!!!!! No poem to go along with this!!!!!:eek:

I love to get a little rest.
It's hard with cat nails in your breast.
I am trying to relax a little bit
It's tough when you live with a little (TURD).
I'm congested, wheezing and coughing too.
It's tough breathing - I'm turning blue.
But with all of Daddy's little ill's
Let's swat the "NIKE" just for thrills.
My nails embedded in his skin.
Cheap material, mighty thin...
And just when I want to play with his shirt.
Dad is yelling! He's mighty hurt.
It's just that darn Nike polo....
Without it he'd be sleeping solo!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

rg_girlca
03-30-2005, 07:16 PM
I am SO IMPRESSED!!!!!

What did that take you, all of 10 minutes this time?

Gosh your good, at poems I mean.:D

RICHARD
03-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
I am SO IMPRESSED!!!!!

What did that take you, all of 10 minutes this time?

Gosh your good, at poems I mean.:D

14, I had to think...;) :D

QueenScoopalot
03-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Hmmm Black shirt, white logo= BLACK SHARPIE time! ;) Hope you kick that bug quick Richard. :)

carole
03-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Ha Richard that was a laugh reading that, I guess having a fuzzy head cold, you did not cotton on as quick as usual as to what kitty was after, I mean it took two nights., are you a glutton for punishment or what lol.

If it's any consolation I have had a sore throat for six days myself, swallowing ain't no fun, so I commiserate with you matey.;)

Corinna
03-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Richard its so funny they mention you should be a writer, I had a weird dream that you, phred and I were writing a book of pets stories the othe night. UUUMMM was it a dream of a night mare we will never know I woke up !!!
Edster ,you were just making it safe for daddy he just didn't get it did he?

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2005, 12:51 AM
LOL Another funny tale from Richard.:D

Barbara
03-31-2005, 01:49 AM
:D :D :D

I don't know but you and Eddie are a purrfect match:)

moosmom
03-31-2005, 09:21 AM
*picks up phone, dials*

"Hello Hallmark?????"

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-31-2005, 09:24 AM
:D :D

slick
03-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Nails into the nipple this time....
You know, Richard, it just occurred to me that perhaps Eddie was just trying give you a piercing....I do think you would look pretty cool with a nipple ring..... :D ;)

Laura's Babies
03-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Thank you RICHARD! What a great story and poem and what a nice welcome back for me... WONDERFUL! Hope you are feeling better soon!