PDA

View Full Version : How much do you feed your betta?

Fur&Feathers
03-30-2005, 03:32 PM
I was just wondering how many of what do you feed your betta? I feed Bruce 2 betta bits, in the morning and at night.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-30-2005, 03:37 PM
I feed my guys 3 pellets at night.

K9soul
03-30-2005, 05:12 PM
2-3 Bio-Gold pellets 2-3 times per day, sometimes some frozen bloodworms mixed in (a variety in diet is very healthy for bettas). I try to let them fast for 1 day each week as it's good to 'clean out' their systems on occasion.

Orca
03-30-2005, 09:25 PM
I feed my guys four or five hikari pellets in the morning. I tried to give them blood worms, but they would have nothing to do with them...picky little guys:rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
03-30-2005, 10:04 PM
i give Moonshine about 3 pellets a day.. usually before i goto bed..

binka_nugget
03-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Three of my males and my two females get 3ish pellets of bio-gold a day. Sometimes I'll give less if I give them some brine shrimp too. I also give them freeze dried bloodworms occasionally. One of my new guys, Taylor, refuses to eat pellets. I think I've seen him eat 1 since I got him. He likes the bloodworms though.

wolfsoul
03-30-2005, 11:15 PM
3 pellets a day, right before I go to bed. :)

LuvGold00
03-31-2005, 06:13 AM
3 Bio-Gold pellets twice a day...

K9soul
03-31-2005, 08:27 AM
A bit further explanation behind what I base my feeding amounts off of :p. Partly the instructions on the Bio-Gold box, which say to feed 2 to 4 pellets 2 to 3 times daily based on the betta's size, and partly based on what the other betta people feed at fishforums.net. Many of them are successful betta breeders, so I trusted their judgment. On average, my guys get 6-7 pellets daily throughout the day (several small meals are supposed to be more natural), again, with one day of fasting per week. Amounts vary if I add in different food types, a variety in diet is also supposed to be helpful for a healthy, happy betta :)

chrissycat21
03-31-2005, 11:32 AM
I feed around 2-3 pellets twice a day. Right now I'm not giving him any because he is bloated since the fish sitter dumped 1/4 of his pellets in there and trashed his tank.:rolleyes: :mad:

lv4dogs
03-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Frank eats the hikari pellets.
2-3 pellets twice a day.
He also eats bloodworms once in a while.
I too fast him once a week, but only for half a day, I skip his morning meal.

He also nibbles on the pellets for bottom feeders I feed my plecos/frog every once in a great while.

NoahsMommy
03-31-2005, 04:23 PM
I just got a beta for work today. I'm concerned about what to do during the weekend. No one is in the office and I can't take his tank home each Friday. Is he OK to go without for two days?

I also feed him the Hikari and will follow the instructions on the back; 1-3 pellets, 2-3 times daily.

chrissycat21
03-31-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I just got a beta for work today. I'm concerned about what to do during the weekend. No one is in the office and I can't take his tank home each Friday. Is he OK to go without for two days?

I also feed him the Hikari and will follow the instructions on the back; 1-3 pellets, 2-3 times daily.

He'll be fine with out food over the weekend. :)

IRescue452
03-31-2005, 05:11 PM
wow, they don't eat much do they? I'm so used to feeding my little Depot whenever she begs that I'd probably end up bloating a betta pretty quickly. I think a goldfish would be floating at the top of the tank pretty quickly with that diet. Anyway, just though it was interesting that they eat so little. My friend used to feed her betta just as much as you guys do, I thought she was half starving them, but if the betta community agrees on this amount then she must have been right.