PDA

View Full Version : Jazzcat

PJ's Mom
03-30-2005, 12:58 PM
How is Disney doing? For some reason I've been thinking about her all day today so I know it's time for a Disney fix. :)

jazzcat
03-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Well, as I sat here typing a response to you everything changed. Disney was sleeping in her bed in the floor behind me and all the sudden she jumped out and threw up all over the floor. I tried to grab her to put her back in her bed because blankets are much easier to clean than the carpet but that scared her half to death. She acted like she didn't know who I was for a few minutes and was shaking all over. Well I just got the carpet cleaned and she seems okay for the moment. Things just seem to be going down hill with her very quickly.

Now for the part that I had already written before she got sick.

I don't really know how to say she is. Last night was a little rough. I've been really doctoring up her food to get her to eat and she is doing better but while we were in the kitchen fixing dinner she just walked into the dining room, turned around to face us, dropped and peed while staring us in the eyes. I grabbed her up and ran her outside and she just stood there looking clueless.:( This kind of thing is starting to happen more. She is also walking around with her tail down or dragging. Nothing is wrong with it I just think she's down and not happy.:(

Another problem is it's time for her to be groomed but I don't know how well she will handle the stress. She was very difficult last time she was groomed in Dec.

Guess I need to be careful what I feed her but it's so hard to find something she's willing to eat. This is so hard.:( :( :(

Thanks for asking. Here's a picture from a week or two ago when she was feeling a little better. When I snapped that picture the flashed scared her so much that she fell over. I guess no more pictures with a flash for poor Dizzo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/qq100.jpg

robinh
03-30-2005, 02:33 PM
I say a prayer every day for you and Disney.

You are both going through such a hard time, it breaks my heart. You are a such a good mommy to give her such love and care at this most difficult time.

Please keep us posted when you can.

RobiLee
03-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Hugs for you and Disney. You are going through such a difficult time. I wish I knew what to say but I'm at a loss. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

Robin

PJ's Mom
03-30-2005, 02:47 PM
Oh poor Disney. :( It breaks my heart to hear what you and she are going through. I don't know how you find the strength to do what you do for her everyday. It has to be so hard. :( :(

Please give her a hug from me. Thank you for updating us.

Ginger's Mom
03-30-2005, 02:58 PM
You and Disney will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. You are a good Mom to try to keep her so comfortable in this difficult time. Hugs to both of you. Yes, please keep us informed.

kimlovescats
03-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Bless her heart. I know this is so difficult for you, Lori!:(
Please know that I am here for you, and will support you in whatever you decide to do for your precious Disney.

;)
((((HUGS))))
Kim

K9soul
03-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Poor little girl :(. You and she both will be in my prayers. I know it is heartbreaking for you to see her ill. :(

chocolatepuppy
03-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Both you and Disney will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry for her and for you having to go through this, it must be so difficult to see her sick like that. :(

jazzcat
03-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Thank you all for the support.

I think I may have painted a worse picture than it actually is. I don't want her to suffer and for the most part I don't think she is. She sleeps a lot, paces quite a bit and will get on kicks where she wants to go out, come in, go out and so forth. When she goes out and comes back in she almost seeems like her old self. Her tail is up and wagging, she runs around excited. When I see her like that I think there is no way it's her time. She also likes to be pet more. She never was much for being touched but now she will let me scratch her chin and head for a long time. We both are enjoying that.

Today is the first time she has thrown up in ages so I think it was just too rich of food this morning. Physically she is still doing well enough but I know the time grows near.:(

robinh
03-31-2005, 07:43 AM
You'll know when. As long as she's still enjoying life, keep her near and love her lots. These times she's doing well are a a great gift for both of you.