PDA

View Full Version : Logo Contest

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi all you budding graphic artists out there. :D

I'm going to be starting a company called rvgeeks.com and I need a logo. I thought I might put it out to all you who like to play around with pictures and things. I want something fairly simple that I can use on our web page, as letterhead and on our business cards - something that will reflect the nature of the business, which is.....

....We're going to be full-time in our bus-type motorhome. If you don't know what I mean, I can post a pic to give you some idea. Anyway, I'm going to offer my computer skills to fellow campers - for a fee. I will do everything from trouble-shooting problems to going with them to purchase a new computer and I will install it, and basically anything computer related. Terry will be going to a class where he will learn all about RV repair and he will be offering his repairs skills for a fee. So, I'm the computer geek in rvgeeks.com and Terry will be the rv repair geek in rvgeeks.com and I would like a logo that reflects both sides of the business.

Something clean, crisp, computer related, rv related, modern looking.....I hope you get the idea. And just so you know this is serious and not just a "Lets play around with Photoshop" thing, I will be offering some compensation.

So, fire away with the questions and let me see what you all can come up with! :)

PS-Karen & Paul, if you think this is inappropriate, please let me know and I'll delete the thread. Thanks! :)

Lacey
03-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Oh! This sounds like fun! I've got an idea already to start playing with! Yay! An excuse to doodle! (And something new to try drawing!)

Barbara
03-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Of course I cannot be of any help with the logo- but that sounds really exciting!

Oh I wish you were around here - I would already have a job - i.e. helping me with the DSL I badly need and don't dare to ask for

:D

I am sure it will be a big business and when issue your shares we will all be very happy to know you:D

catnapper
03-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Cool! I wish I had some free time to play with ideas for a logo. So you and Terry will be sellign your home and living fulltie in the RV?

What an exciting venutre for the two of you!

krazyaboutkatz
03-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Debbie, I just wanted to wish you goodluck with your new business. It sounds great!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Oh I wish you were around here - I would already have a job - i.e. helping me with the DSL I badly need and don't dare to ask for
What's the problem, Barbara? The beauty of computer issues is that a lot of times they can be resolved without actually having someone come to you. Just look at the amount of computer related issues that are asked here on PT!

I am sure it will be a big business and when issue your shares we will all be very happy to know you:D
Ummmm.....well.....you might not want to hold your breath on that one, but thanks for the vote of confidence! :D

So you and Terry will be sellign your home and living fulltie in the RV? Yep! Not quite yet though. We've got at least another year of "real life" to make it through first. ;) However, I'm already getting requests for computer help that I thought it wouldn't hurt to get the web site up and running. One less thing I'll need to worry about when it comes time to hit the road! :)

Thanks for the good luck wishes and can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Oh, and this is not going to be decided in the next week or so, so don't everybody drop everything and get on this. Get some ideas, let them fester for awhile and see what you come up with. I want to take my time and really make sure I'm picking out the absolute best - and right now I have no idea what that is! So no rush....I'm thinking....maybe like in a month or so I'll make myself decide. So Catnapper.....in your free time....;) (Catnapper: "Free time? What's that?") ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Bumpity Bump Bump to see if there is anymore interest. :)

Randi
04-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Debbie, that is so exiting! :D You have come a long way in past few years, concerning IT - what a great idea to start on your own! I'm afraid I can't help with a logo, but I'm sure you'll get a good one.

Best of luck!! :)

Fox-Gal
04-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Just a thought, sense I just got done with the Logo for our site and the color was a major factor in making it. I thought maybe you might want to give people an idea on the coloring of you whole site, so it can all flow together.

It would be a shame is someone made it purple and your site is set up in orange. Sense the logo is such an important first impression to a site, it should flow well with the whole page, but still stand out. You know what I mean.