PDA

View Full Version : Update from Camp Vermont

sasvermont
03-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Hi guys and gals:

I thought I should let you know how things are going here.

Lucy, the little black barn cat sailed right through her spaying. She has totally recovered and is as sweet as usual. She did do one really funny thing though. After a few days of wearing the ecollar (soft blue one......because she put her front right paw through the neck of the hard plastic one, along with her neck!!!) she seemed to be fine without the ecollar so I took it off and placed it on the coffee table. A couple of nights after I removed the collar, she got up on the table, put her furry head into the opening of the ecollar (soft one) and put the darn thing back on, all by herself. She walked around as proud as could be for about an hour. It fell off in the kitchen. She didn't repeat this, so I figure it was by accident. What a little goof ball.

Thr bunnies are back on the screened in outside porch. They really trashed their room. I will try to figure out another accomodation next winter. Maybe I will rent them their own apartment! Denver is emense. I have cut back on his intake. I am hoping that the porch will allow him more exercise. Since he chews everything in sight, it is difficult to let him roam. Cinnamon is fine - very furry and very happy to have full access to the porch! The two bunnies still hate each other. My luck, huh?

Miley is Miley. She is having issues with her bowels. It's an Aby thing. Time for a Vet appointment.

JuniRose is as crazy as every and very bad. She chases Miley much like Ti, the wild Bengal cat that lived with her (us) for some time. Juni is not mean, so Miley just hollers and runs. Juni stops once she makes Miley hide!

Chloe, sweet Chloe is a little goofy and isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. She is fine and is low man on the totem pole. She is effortless around here.

My wrist is better. I finally convinced the Dr. to remove the (*(&**&^** cast a few days earlier than scheduled. I was really uncomfortable. Now I have a 1/2 splint that will come off for exercises, bathing and relaxing. I love the change. I can type and do many more things. I am off the pain pills and now must consider a plan to get back to exercising. I have gained some weight and my life syle changed so much that I am a tad depressed in th evenings. I am also tired. I am hoping that spring weather etc. will get me walking etc. I am still limited with the splint. I strill have an unhealed chip of bone (ulna) that needs to heal and until that happens, I will have side to side limitations.

I have been checking Pet Talk all the time, but found it exhausting to type with one hand. Now I am able to type with two hands, although not as nicely as I usually type.

Thanks for making my recovery easier, by allowing me into your lives but not asking much from me!

Love to all
SAS

;)

Barbara
03-30-2005, 06:47 AM
Sallyanne, my friend- so good to hear you are back. If you feel just a tad depressed- don't worry- I think that's normal for the season. We just made it through the long winter and are not yet synchronized with spring:)

I am glad to hear about my favorite Aby girls and their black sister. Lucy gave me a good laugh- my-oh-my she must be the only kitty who ever put the e-collar on herself:D

I am a little worried about Miley, hope she gets better soon. Filou is used to getting bullied by Tigris the same way Miley is by Juni. Why can't the self-confident and strong boys and girls not leave the shy ones alone. Nevertheless I still dream of Juni Rose biting my nose with tender lovebites.

Give Siegmar's special regards to Chloe- she is the one he would steal and enjoy the fact that the bunnies can be out of their room- I think I have an idea how it looks.....

One day you'll be ready to post some more pics I hope- or we must send Zoe over;)

catcrazylady
03-30-2005, 06:52 AM
What great news! That darned old cast is off! I bet you are feeling a lot of relief just having that removed. I know we are glad so you can type again!;)

I had to laugh at all the antics of the camp.:D It sounds like business as usual with all the critters. That little Lucy sounds like a real pistol.

Glad to have you back SAS. Spring is in the air so hopefully everyones mood will soon be happy and bright just like the sunshine.:)

kimlovescats
03-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Welcome back, SAS! Thanks for the updates on your precious crew. Sorry that your hand has been such a "pain", but glad that you are able to have a bit more freedom with it now. The winter blues have hit all of us pretty hard on PT it seems, but Spring sunshine and happiness are right around the corner, I just know it!

Hugs,
Kim:)

Christiansmommy
03-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Good to hear from you SAS! Glad to hear that your wrist is healing. I have to agree, that once the warmer weather sets in and you can go outside and do gardening and such, you should be in better spirits. It feels like it has been so cold forever!! I just took a walk around the neighborhood with Christian, with no coats, just a long sleeved shirt...and i heard birds chirping...spring is finally hear!!... and it is bound to lift your spirits!! :) Glad the cats have such diverse personalities...you should never board over there at Camp Vermont!! :)

Anyway, it was good to check into Pettalk, and see a post from you!

Happy Spring SAS!! :)

Robyn

ramanth
03-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the update SAS! I'm glad your wrist is getting better. :D

You should celebrate with pictures! ;)

Speaking of Ti, how is he? Any updates from his human?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Great to hear from you again, SAS! Glad to hear things are going well. Hope Miley's bowels are straightened out soon. Too funny how Lucy put the e-collar on herself! Like Barbara says, she's probably the only kitty in history that has ever done that! :D

Vermontcat
03-30-2005, 10:29 AM
It's good to hear from you Sallyanne and I'm so happy you finally got that cast off!:D
It's nice to hear updates on all the campers.
Let me know if you want to get together sometime to go walking or for me to take photos of the campers.:)

catmandu
03-30-2005, 12:31 PM
I ma glad,too that you have the cast off.when I had that bood Foot,I had,to carry around a draining device,that was a pian,in the neck,and I was releived,when it was gone.And like Lucy,Scrappy 2,is fine,and ready,to come,to her New Furr Ever Home,Tomorrow!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos816.jpg

rg_girlca
03-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi there SAS. :D Glad to hear that your wrist is doing better.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Miley.

Glad to hear that the rest of your crew are doing well also.:)

jenluckenbach
03-30-2005, 04:53 PM
It is good to see you back! Thanks for the update on the animals. Too bad your bunnies didn't bond :( Can't wait to be able to see the aby's (and Lucy) again.

iloverat
03-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi, SAS!!!! Congrats on getting rid of your cast! Oh, that must have been so uncomfortable. Hopefully, the problem with the ulna will heal right up and you can be free as a bird soon! :)

Loved hearing about all of your crew. Maybe Miss Lucy is a hat cat! Perhaps she would appreciate a spring bonnet or other chapeau more to her liking. She absolutely HAS to be the only animal in the universe to return to the e-collar on her own!!!

Best of luck on your arm. Glad you're back, whether you're lurking or able to post. :)

Logan
03-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Sallyanne, it is wonderful to hear from you and to know that you are definitely on the mend. Now I hope you can get Miley straightened out.

Hope you can share some new pictures of your crew sometime soon. Would love to see those bunnies and kitties.

Logan

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2005, 01:00 AM
Hi Sas, it's great to see you posting again.:) I'm glad that your wrist is doing better and that you got your cast off. I hope that Miley will be okay. My Cirrus is the one that's stressed out in my house so I can relate. Thanks for updating us about your furkids and I hope to be able to see some new pictures of them soon. Take care.:)