PDA

View Full Version : I am missing PT!

catcrazylady
03-30-2005, 06:08 AM
I have not had time to hardly lurk on PT and I'm having severe withdrawels!:eek:

I worked the shelter yesterday and I'm going back again today. Goodness that place was a mess. I had no idea how short they were on people these days. There are basically about three people trying to take care of the whole thing. It was really sad.
I cleaned 97 cages yesterday, changed paper in bottom of cages, scooped litter boxes, cleaned and refilled food and water bowls. I then swept and mopped almost the whole place then went back and put fresh bedding in every cage. I have to tell you that it wore me out!!
My back is shredded where one kitty launched himself out of the cage while I was bent over and he used me as a landing zone. Another kitty with a bad attitude bit and scratched the whole time I was in his cage and then when I was cleaning the cage in front of his he reached out with both paws and planted claws in my back. He tore my back up the whole time I was trying to clean the other cage.

I then came to a special cage. I think it was a kitty that belongs to Jan and somehow managed to get to Kentucky!;) He had a sign on the front of his cage warning that he "may bite". I opened the cage door and found a kitty that has part of his tongue missing and only three legs. They think he was hit by a car. His ears went flat and every tooth in his mouth was showing when he hissed. He was ready to take my head off!:eek: I decided right then and there that I wanted him!:D
No I'm not going to get him but I sure would love to work with him and help him feel better. I think I'm a glutten for punishment.:rolleyes:

I will take my camera today and see if I can get a few shelter pictures. I left bloody and exhausted but feeling very good.:D

This thread is pointless other than to let you guys know that I am lurking and trying to keep up and apologizing for not posting on the threads.
Yes, yes I know don't post again until you have pictures! I'll take care of that today.:D

Miss you guys!

Poo
03-30-2005, 07:47 AM
Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see your pictures. I too have just made arrangements to go and help out at our local cat shelter. I am going to meet the lady next week to find out whats involved, I am sooooo looking forward to it. I don't think it is a big as the one you are helping out at though. It must be so rewarding, but tempting to want to bring them all home with you!!

Keep up the good work, I'm sure all the kitties appreciate it, even if they don't show it sometimes!!! Oh, and I hope your back is better soon.

Nicki x

Corinna
03-30-2005, 07:59 AM
I know just what you mean I started back to work on Monday. I miss PT so bad. It takes so long to get caught up.

catmandu
03-30-2005, 08:41 AM
And we miss you,on Pet Talk,Lisa.Sorry Mr Scrappy,is not on duty,as he is with his little protege,Scrappy 2,at the Vet.But Gem Angel,is pinch hitting,so to speak,andshe wishes,taht she could,have Found A Furr Ever Home,like yours,while she,was alive.

kimlovescats
03-30-2005, 08:46 AM
WE MISS YOU TOO!!!! Great job at the shelter, Lisa!

((((HUGS)))
Kim:)

catlover4ever
03-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Lisa in no time at all that baby will be eating out of your hands. You have a very special way with needy kitties.

P.S. We miss you too.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Whew! What a day! I was exhausted just reading about all you accomplished!

christa
03-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Miss you too, Lisa!

:) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

But life happens and we can all understand that! ;)

catnapper
03-30-2005, 11:32 AM
Sounds like back breaking work -- 97 cages!!!! I bet the shelter is thrilled to have you.

We miss you too!

QueenScoopalot
03-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I then came to a special cage. I think it was a kitty that belongs to Jan and somehow managed to get to Kentucky!;) He had a sign on the front of his cage warning that he "may bite". I opened the cage door and found a kitty that has part of his tongue missing and only three legs. They think he was hit by a car. His ears went flat and every tooth in his mouth was showing when he hissed. He was ready to take my head off!:eek: I decided right then and there that I wanted him!:D
HAAA!!! HAAAA!!!! Lisa!!! Are you insinuating something here? :confused: :D I think I have enough ferals, and enough of a *M*A*S*H Unit here already, and I think YOU need a Skippy cat! ;) Sounds like a lot of work that you did, and took a few souvenirs out on your back. :eek: :eek:

moosmom
03-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Lisa,

We miss you AND we miss the adventures of the Gooster!!

rg_girlca
03-30-2005, 06:34 PM
........................WE MISS YOU TOO LISA!!!!!!.........................

WOW!!! What a difference you must have made cleaning up the place. They must be really happy to have you there.
You definitely have to start working on that sweet little 3 legged kitty. If anyone can do it, you can. Magoo is proof of that.:D

NoahsMommy
03-30-2005, 06:51 PM
I miss you too!! But it sounds like those kitties need you more than we do...maybe. ;)