PDA

View Full Version : Compute help,please!

sammy101
03-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Ok,i need some help.
Im trying to delete the Temorary Internet Files,but i dont know where it is!:o I looked everywhere and cant find it.I havent cleaned it out for a long time...and the computers running slow so im trying to clean out all the files.

slick
03-29-2005, 07:50 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\slick\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

This is where mine are...but then again I log on to the computer as "slick" so you will have to substitute for whatever login you are using.

That path should be the same for both Windows 2000 and XP

slleipnir
03-29-2005, 08:03 PM
You can also go (in your browser) tools - options - temp internet files - delete files

catnapper
03-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Depending on which version of Windows you are running it could be different. My old computer had them in the windows folder. I also had a folder marked "cache" that had things too.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-29-2005, 09:11 PM
If you have what I call "the big e" on your desktop (the Internet Explorer e", right click on that, then click on properties. There should be a button that says "delete files." You should also delete the cookies, but be aware that you will be deleting all logins that you have previously saved. For instance, if you have PT set up where it remembers your password so you don't have to sign in everytime, that will be gone and you will have to log in again - SO BE SURE YOU KNOW ALL USERIDs AND PASSWORDS before deleting your cookies!

Another way to do it is to click on Programs, Accessories, System Tools then Disk Cleanup. It might take a little time, but once the screen comes up to tell what you can delete and how much space you can get back, be sure the "Temporary Internet Files" is checked and then click Ok, or continue.

sammy101
03-29-2005, 09:15 PM
k thanks!i know all my usernames and such:rolleyes: thanks for reminding me!:)

manda_moo87
03-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Ooo... thanks for reminding me, I'm long over due for deleting my temp internet files/cookies. :p