PDA

View Full Version : Gracie fell on her head!

GraciesMommy
03-29-2005, 07:12 PM
We just got back from petsmart. We put gracie in a basket and she jumped out and landed right on her head! It thumped so loud..scared me half too death! She seems to be ok now but I think it scared the soup out of her too..she was real still and quiet for a long time. I am never putting her in a basket again.

BTW..we were right there with her..it happened soooo fast and seemed like slow motion. She had her leash on still, we were just in the door..I had told her to sit and she did..and then just up and jumped!

She seems to be ok...we bought her a new toy and she is running around the house throwing it up in the air as she usually does..she has had some water...I am still keeping my eyes on her..
I, on the other hand, am NOT ok!

jennifert9
03-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Boy, what a scare! I'm glad she is OK. Did she get right back up after her jump? I'm starting to think with all these dogs leaping off of things lately that dogs have no sense of distance! But that can't be true...they are so agile and such good hunters? I wonder what is going on!
Sorry Gracie scared you. She has probably forgot all about it by now. Duncan is forever banging his head and it makes the most God-awful sound but he doesn't even seem to notice! Crazy! :)

GraciesMommy
03-29-2005, 07:29 PM
I scooped her up so fast..and she was kinda quiet...except for moving her head around when I was trying to look at her eyes..and make sure she hadn't busted her head open.

She acts perfectly fine now..has played and eaten now...so I think all is ok..I just keep thinking what could have happen...

On another site I am on a yorkie went into convulsions after hitting his head...he is ok now tho...and another went into convulsions and then coma and didn't make it..that one got knocked off the couch ledge accidently and it was on carpet..but it was a 2 pound yorkie..and I guess hit just right. What a horrible thing to happen.

Oggyflute
03-30-2005, 12:50 AM
Glad Gracie is OK now. :)

Hope you are feeling better too. :)

gini
03-30-2005, 01:18 AM
Oh you poor thing.........how it must have frightened you both.

Thank goodness she is showing all of the signs of being just fine.

robinh
03-30-2005, 06:14 AM
They are fast little critters aren't they. I had my Molly in a cart at Petco one day and she jumped out right between my hands. She seemed fine. I, too, was NOT ok after she did that. I shook for hours afterwards.

Gracie - you can't scare your mommy like that!

KYS
03-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Poor Gracie, I would have been terrified too.
Glad she is ok.
Sending hugs to that cute little girl of yours.
(((HUGS)))

Pam
03-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Oh poor dear little Gracie. I know your heart is still thumping. My SIL's Jack Russell jumped out of her arms onto their concrete patio when she was a puppy and also landed mainly on her head. She was/is fine. I know you will watch Gracie like a hawk. Poor you! I am sure you are shaking. I would be too. Paws and fingers crossed that Gracie continues to feel fine.

tatsxxx11
03-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Poor Gracie, poor Mom:(:(:( Pamela, you must have been beside yourself. Thank goodness little Gracie is ok! It does sound like she's doing fine, but I don't blame you one bit for worrying still! Please give her a gentle hug and kiss for me!:)

pitc9
03-31-2005, 08:00 PM
OMG!! What a scare!!!

I take it she's still feeling fine?!

jackie
04-09-2005, 05:43 PM
i am glad she is ok! you sound more shaken than her. lol