PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and positive thoughts for Rumor

jazzcat
03-29-2005, 04:26 PM
My poor little Rumor is sick. I just got back from the vet with her because she's been a little lethargic, having a little trouble climbing, she won't jump and she's had potty problems - it's constantly stuck in her fur around her rear. This has been going on for a few days but last night seemed worse.

She has a slight fever and her heart rate was extremely excelerated. After a very thorough exam the vet thinks it may be a hairball but with the fever he's not positive. He's put her on antibiotics and I have to give her hairball treatments twice a day for three days. If I don't see an improvement then or if she gets worse I need to call back and the next step will be tests and possibly x-rays.

Please say a prayer for her that it's nothing more than a hairball. She does have very thick long fur and the temps have been rising so maybe she's just shedding a lot. Guess I need to get her used to brushing more than once a week.

:(

koxka
03-29-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear Rumor, one of my prefered kitty-girls, is sick :(

Let's hope it's only a hairball and she will be fine in no time.:)

kimlovescats
03-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Lori, I think the hairball theory is along the lines of the constipation theory that I suggested. Try to hang in there, and see if the medicine / laxative doesn't ease things on through!

Prayers coming for our Rumor and her meowmmy and daddy!!!

((((HUGS))))
Kim

catnapper
03-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Oh Rumor sweetie! I am sorry to hear that you are sick. I'm praying its only a furball and that you'll be good as new very soon.

iloverat
03-29-2005, 06:35 PM
We will have fingers and paws crossed here that Rumor's problem stems from a hairball and nothing more than that. Poor baby and poor mommy. :( It's so hard on us, too when they are feeling poorly. Hope beautiful Rumor is feeling much better really quickly.

jenluckenbach
03-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Prayers for Rumor. So sorry to hear that you are sick. :(

Samantha Puppy
03-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Poor Rumor! I hope it's just a hairball and she's back to her old self very soon!

Let her know her boyfriend, Sushi, is beside himself with worry. He and I will pray together tonight that dear Rumor recovers quickly. Until then, give her skritches from me and head bumpies from Sushi.

NoahsMommy
03-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Poor Rumor....please feel better soon, honey. We're worried about you.

Hugs,
Auntie Kelly ;)

catmandu
03-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Prayers,are coming,for Our Little Pal Rumor,and Pouncer Angel,is coming,to see,if she can help out,in any way!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos761.jpg

rg_girlca
03-29-2005, 08:07 PM
OH NO! NO! NO! Not my precious Rumor.

Lori, I hope and pray that it is just hairballs and nothing serious.

Come on sweetheart, you HAVE to get better real soon.

Kisses to Rumor and (((((HUGS))))) to you Lori.

Please keep us updated no matter what.

chocolatepuppy
03-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Prayers coming your way Rumor. Hopefully it's just a hairball.

rkidsrcats
03-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Double paws & whiskers crossed for a quick recovery for Rumor. NO fun to be sick!

shais_mom
03-29-2005, 10:22 PM
hugs on the way sweet lil Rumor
Prayers sent

manda_moo87
03-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Get well soon sweetheart!

kt_luvs_kitties
03-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Oh no, poor Rumor. Please tell the little pumpkin that I am so sorry she feels bad:( I hope that she feels better soon, and that it is nothing serious.
When my rabbit got sick, we thought it was something really bad. He had a hairball, and they gave him some jelly stuff to losen it up, because it was such a tight one. He was better within the week.
Prayers and good wishes will be sent for precious Rumor. Please give her a gentle *kiss kiss* from me:( And *HUGS* to you, for caring about her so much.

krazyaboutkatz
03-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Lori, I'm so sorry to hear that Rumor is sick.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I sure hope that it's only a hairball problem.

kaoK'okung
03-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Lori, i am so sorry that Rumor is not feeling well..Zip and Shy at this moment are sending out healing prayers and many positive thoughts and purrrrs...i am sure all will be well...hang in there!!!!...

Killearn Kitties
03-30-2005, 03:11 AM
:( We'll be thinking of Rumor here and keeping everything crossed for a speedy recovery!

Poo
03-30-2005, 04:08 AM
So sorry to hear Rumor is not well. Prayers and hugs on their way. I do hope it just turns out to be a hairball. Fingers and paws crossed for you.

Nicki x

Barbara
03-30-2005, 04:13 AM
I am so sorry about little Rumor:(

Sending our best thoughts and wishes and hoping that it is a nasty hairball- and nothing else.:)

catcrazylady
03-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Lori I'm so sorry to hear that Rumor isn't feeling well. Prayers on the way that it is just a hairball and it *passes* quickly. Poor little thing.:(

christa
03-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Oh no! Not our sweet little fluffy girl!

Prayers for Rumor . . . Get to feeling better sweetheart!

Hang in there Lori! I know how hard it is to see one of your babies sick and helpless.

aguu
03-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Poor sweet Rumor - prayers on the way!!

kimlovescats
03-30-2005, 08:47 AM
How is our baby girl feeling today?:confused:

jazzcat
03-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Update - Rumor seems a little better. I observed her climbing on the couch late last night and she didn't seem to struggle as much. Very early this morning she came up on the bed and slept at my shoulder with her face on my cheek. She kneaded on my neck. licked my face and purred up a storm. She does this every night/morning but yesterday morning she only stayed a minute and seemed restless and uncomfortable. This morning she relaxed and slept on me for over an hour.

She's taking her medicines better than any furbaby and she's staying her sweet little self. I do feel she is improving and hopefully by tomorrow I will know for certain.

Thank you for all the prayers, positive thoughts, crossed paws and support. You guys are the best!

kimlovescats
03-30-2005, 10:39 AM
((((HUGS)))) Lori and kissies to our little Rumor girl! Oh, I think that the hairball / constipation theory is all that is wrong! I am SO HAPPY to hear that she is already feeling a bit better!!!

LOVE,
Kim:)

NKBurlington
03-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Poor Rumor.

I'm happy to hear she is feeling better today.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh no! Not our sweet little Rumor! I'm so glad she seems to be feeling a bit better already. Keep taking those meds little sweety pie! :)

Cataholic
03-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Get better little Rumor!!!

smokey the elder
03-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Get well soon, Rumor! Being sick is no fun.

kt_luvs_kitties
03-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Good girl Rumor, Take those meds and get to feeling better soon. We love you, and hate to hear you are under the weather. Get better soon sweetie!
Lori, I am still praying for your sweet little girl. I hope she continues to feel better soon.*HUGS* Katie

Kirsten
03-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Ohhh, poor Rumor!!! I'm sorry to hear she's sick, but I'm glad she's doing a little better now!

I'm sending positive thoughts to her and hope she'll get rid of that hairball (or whatever it is) very soon!

Kirsten

QueenScoopalot
03-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Poor Rumor! :( Prayers winging over on little cyber birdies for Rumor to catch. ;) Feel better little girl. :)

rg_girlca
03-30-2005, 05:17 PM
GOOD GIRL Sweetie on taking your medication.

Prayers and positive thoughts still on the way that my precious Rumor continues getting better.
Kisses and gentle hugs to you sweetheart.

((((((HUGS)))))) Lori.

kaoK'okung
03-30-2005, 09:21 PM
so glad to hear that Rumor is getting better...Zip and Shy continue thier vigilence though...all will be well...:) :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Lori, I'm glad to hear that Rumor is starting to feel better.:D Hopefully she'll be back to normal very soon. Please keep us updated.