PDA

View Full Version : Allergies

slleipnir
03-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Are any of you allergic to your pets?? I went to the doctor today to talk about my allergy test results. On a scale of 1-4, I'm a 2 for dog allergies. He was like "Do your dogs sleep in your room?" Yes, and Josie sleeps on my bed with me. "Well, you could ban them from your room, the house or completely" I was like ".....uh, no" :rolleyes:

I don't think I'm really bothered by the dogs. I only get stuffed up sometimes, but I can live with it. I've tried keeping the dogs off my bed, but they look so sad and I love cuddling before bed. Also, how can I kcik them out of my room? Josie would be sad cause she needs to follow me everywhere and I spend most of my time in my room. Occationally if my door is closed for a while when she is outside, she sits right outside my room waiting to get in :o

Anyone else's doctor say something like this? He also told my mom to get rid of her cat cause she is about a 4 on that scale to cat allergies. She thought about it, but realized there is no way she could get rid of her baby.

To be honest, I think I'd rather suffer from stuffy/runny nose a lot than have no pets. I couldn't do it!

Glacier
03-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Among my many allergies are cats, dogs and straw. Straw is one of my biggest--guess what all 21 dog houses are full of??

I was diagnosed with the pet allergies when I was four. My doc then told my Mom to get rid of our pets. She told him to come up with another plan! I've been on allergy meds of some sort ever since!

I pop a Claritin, Reactine or Allegra as needed. During non-snow months, I get a prescription nasal spray from my doc. I'd rather deal with the symptoms than not have the critters around!

flamepony12
03-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir

To be honest, I think I'd rather suffer from stuffy/runny nose a lot than have no pets. I couldn't do it!

ditto! I think I tested a 2 for allergy of cats, and I still had a cat at that time. I said the same thing, that I would have rather had a runny nose that get rid of my kitty!

Queen of Poop
03-29-2005, 11:54 AM
I get hives from our ferrets. I also got them from Sami (RB dog).

Tonya
03-29-2005, 01:43 PM
My son's allergic to the dogs and especially to the cats. He takes medicine everyday and he have hepafilters throughout the house. The animals aren't allowed in his room.

PJ's Mom
03-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Both me and my daughter are allergic to our 2 guinea pigs. She's a little worse than I am...I get sneezing, runny nose, scratchy throat, hives and the occasional swollen-shut eyes. ;) Her throat closes up if she spends too much time around them. :eek:

In fact, I just finished cleaning their cages, so I'm suffering right now. :rolleyes:

Suki Wingy
03-29-2005, 04:41 PM
I am severly allergic to cats but at the barn and my grandma's house I still hold them. My eyes swell up, I sometimes get hives and of course, the nose.

catnapper
03-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Yep, allergic to the cats. But I even feel the same when I'm not around them (like on vacation, etc) since they give me so much pleasure, I will live with popping Sinus Tylenol twice a day to deal with the extra sinus pressure.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm a little allergic to dogs but not too badly. I hardly notice it at all unless I'm around huge hairy dogs like St.Bernards.