PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone's FUR like?

catnapper
03-29-2005, 08:19 AM
I was wondering what everyone's fur is like

Allen:
Rather rough but soft at the same time, but big fluffy tummy.

Pouncer:
Smooth, soft fur with hugely fluffy tummy! :D

Harry:
Somewhat rough, course, thick... I really can't describe it! Nice fluffy tummy though. He doesn't care to be petted too often :rolleyes:

Abby:
Silk! She has wonderful silky fur that I could pet all day long, which is good because she'd love to be petted all day long. Its "thin" not at all fluffy (except the tummy) but its like gliding my hand over the finest smoothest silk.

foster Minette:
Soft fluffy fur like bunny fur :)

How about your kitties? What do they feel like?

Barbara
03-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Great question:

Tigris: The silkiest fur you can imagine, fine, thick with lots of underwool, especially fluffy at the belly. Very high petability factor.

Filou: Sleeky silky- nearly no underwool, a tight fit- but 100% best Abyssinian silk:)
Can slip through your fingers easily while you pet him;)

BTW When I read your question I was happy to learn that "everyone's fur" was "the kitties' fur" as mine is not half as purrfect as theirs :D

cruisetime
03-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Meka - thin silk - soooooo soft

Max - getting softer. Longer smooth and soft but not like Meka's silk...

:) :) :)

catlover4ever
03-29-2005, 08:40 AM
Tigger is semi soft.

Smokey has the most unpleasant fur of all. It is very rough and coarse.

Tucker has the deepest, most plush fur of everyones, and a saggy, fluffy belly.

Mystic has shiny, silky fur but she gets a lot of dander on her back. She has the most wonderful soft white spot on her belly.

Abner's fur is just 6 inches of pure silk. He is as soft as can be. Perfect fur to bury you head into and take a nap.

Gabriel is silky in spots and course everywhere else.

Gracie is silky as well....there is a huge difference in Gabe's fur and Gracie's. In the dark you can tell who is on side of you just by touch.

moosmom
03-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Mollie Rose (Tortie) is a combo of soft/coarse

MooShoo (Hairless) VEERRRRYYYY soft and warm! :p

Shortie is very soft

Maya Linn very soft

LilEli combo coarse/soft

Mattie Grace is SO soft!

kittykay
03-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Archie has very fine, silky fur that tends to stand up in spikes in dry weather.

Bill has thick, plushy fur that feels "alive." He's got a little ridge of stand-up fur along his back that makes him look like a wildcat.

Dinah has dense, flat, smooth fur, typical for Siamese full-breeds, even though she's a cross.

Mau has food allergies, and his coat is very thick, but dry and dandruffy. We have him on prescription, hypoallergenic food, but his coat isn't improving much. I do worry about that boy!

They are my babies and I love them every one!

nibblets
03-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Julie's fur is very soft and her belly is fluffy, however she has a black strip down her back which is slightly slicker and shinier than the rest of her.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/pe4d88697a567ef6f9e23ab15f3588e7f/f5266bc3.jpg

catmandu
03-29-2005, 10:52 AM
The Meezers.have very fine Soft Fur.Petting Moose,JJJ3,and Ragnar,is like petting a Mohair Pillow,very plush.Scrappy 2,had roughish fur,as do Nugget,and Rascal.Michael,and Princess.have short,petable Fur.I am petting Michael,as I type! Good Cat,that Michael!!

lv4dogs
03-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Meko's hair is soft as silk. In the winter she has a soft wooly undercoat that thins in the summer.

jazzcat
03-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Ripley has a mixture of fur - kind of coarse and soft down his back, fluffy on his belly and neck and silky on his hind quarters. He has a lot of different lenght fur too.

Jazz - silky fur all over and it always feels cool to the touch just like pure silk.

Scout - feels like bunny fur everywhere, I love to pet her.

Rocky - mostly silky soft but not like Jazz's, its warmer and he has a very plush fluffy belly. Clubber is fluffy but both soft and coarse like wool.:D

Rumor - she has odd fur. Some days it's the softest fur ever and others days it feel almost synthetic. It's extremely thick and fluffy and her belly is always soft and fluffy. Her fur will almost smother you and always feels warm, even hot.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Tubby's fur was coarse and kind of rough, but nice and soft on his tummy, which he didn't allow you to touch until he got old.

Peanut's fur is like Ripley's. It's different lengths and different textures and sometimes, like Rumor's, it fells almost synthetic. And she is most prone to static cling. :D

Cracker Jack, on the other hand, has the softest fur ever, especially on his tummy! I just love running my fingers through his fur and am especially delighted when he allows tummy rubs. :D

RedHedd
03-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Mishi has that wonderful, long silky soft Maine Coon fur that often feels cool to the touch. His tummy is a wonderful tumble of silky curls. His butt-fluff looks like down and feels just as soft.

Mitzi is my little "Wool-de-beast" :D Her fur is SO thick and wooly, sometimes it feels rough. I've noticed since I've changed her diet, it's gotten softer. Her belly is WONDERFULLY wooly-soft and I love to to bury my nose in it although she's not too crazy about me doing that - the little minx! She needs brushing on an almost daily basis or the wool tends to matt badly.

And as for MY fur .... I won't answer that! :p

NoahsMommy
03-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Fun thread! :)

Noah: fur is a bit coarse on the darker colored spots in his back, but otherwise I usually say its like down...especially on his tummy. He has so much fur...he's so fuzzy.

Noel: Pretty thick and silky all over. The fur on her back seems less soft

Basie: Thin fur, but very silky and soft all over. His softest fur is above the large pad in his feet. :)

Livvy: She had very silky, soft, thick black fur. It was luxurious!

Micah: His fur is silky, especially on his tummy. It seems thin compared to the others, but maybe that's because its so short?

Hermione: Her fur is really soft and silky...but very short too.

Samson: fur is just like Basie's

Phoebe (Pee Pee): fur is a lot like Micahs. It shines in the light, but is very short and silky. Her tummy fur is softer.

Jonah: His fur is very thick and soft...especially on his tummy

Don Juan's mom
03-31-2005, 01:01 AM
Don Juan is a short-haired tabby. His fur is exceptionally silky and soft, with a dense undercoat. And he just loves his daily brushings with a Love Glove (R). :D

Liz

prechrswife
03-31-2005, 08:33 AM
Saphirah--Her fur is very shiny and slick.

Chloe--Her fur is soft and fluffy.

Samson--His fur is long and soft. (When he first came to us, his fur was dull and matted. We think this was due to his poor diet as a stray.)

PJ's Mom
03-31-2005, 08:56 AM
Barclay - thin, fly-away fluffy hair

Pumpkin - soft, coarse. :)

Shady
03-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Tinkerbelle is smooth and silky
Kewpie is cottony
Spike is like silk
Rocky is coarse, thick and feels rough.

sirrahbed
03-31-2005, 10:20 AM
Lizzie has the silkiest fur I have ever felt on a cay - shiny, too.
Robbie's fur is coarse and almost wiry but still nice to pet and also shiny.
Emily is soft - especially her white fur - it is softer than the grey by far.
Eliot is very much like Robbie's - coarse and straight but soft.
Dylan has ultra soft long fur that amazingly - does not mat or tangle:D

jenluckenbach
03-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Many of my cats are similar....
Ashley, Biddy, Bonnie, Kim, Lucas, Monte, Sterling, Willow all feel satiny, very sleek.

Amber's is cottony and dry, always looks messy, unkept.

Calvin and Jim are fluffy, semi thick and a medium length. Soft

Jasper's is super fine and very slippery (almost greasy, but not) Medium length.

Fern and Mickey are short hair, but THICK and it stands erect from the body. Very plush.

I think I hit them all. :o

wolflady
03-31-2005, 07:11 PM
I just love kitty fur! Isn't it amazing how different it can be from cat to cat?

Marius - His fur is sleek and lies close to his body. His tummy, head and chin are the softest part of the body, and the rest of him is semi-soft.

Scooter - he is a "plush" kitty. I swear he has two different coat types: an under coat and an overcoat! His undercoat is really soft, but his overcoat is a little bristly.

Sergei - this is the softest kitty I have ever touched. His fur feels very much like rabbit fur :) He is probably the most petted cat in our household because he is so soft. Plus, he's really the only cat that tolerates being picked up and held for extended periods of time. Plus, he's a purr-bucket! :D

**hugs**

catnapper
03-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I think I hit them all. :o
You forgot Rutherford! :D :eek:

chocolatepuppy
03-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Sassys hair is silky soft and Missys is more cottony soft. :)

IRescue452
04-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Sonny's a big fluffy cotton ball. Its very thick and silky.

krazyaboutkatz
04-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Storm's fur is very thin and silky. It's so soft too just like rabbit fur.:)

Sunny's fur is silky and very smooth to the touch. He also has longer softer fur on his belly and loves belly rubs.:)

Cirrus's fur is coarse but has gotten softer since I've owned him. The fur under his chin and his longer belly fur are very soft.:)

Sky's fur is both coarse and soft. The top layer is coarse and the undercoat is very soft. His head and neck and belly fur are also very soft. It seems like all of his white fur is the softest.:)

shais_mom
04-01-2005, 12:51 AM
:cool:

Kylie's fur reminds me of Rabbit fur. Very soft and fluffy. Mats occasoinally. Hair on belly is thinner mebbe due to the expanse of the belly!? ;) She definately benefits from regular bathing with water and kitty shampoo.... Alot of times I have to have my fingers in Kylie's fur when I go to sleep.

Kloe's fur is a shorter - thick and silky soft. I am not sure if her fur is as short as most short hairs are. A cat from a litter before her has extremely short hair. But I don't think she is considered Medium hair either...:confused: I had decided my next cat was going to have short hair come he(( or high water, and she took so long to lose her kitten fuzz I thought she was going to be medium/long haired and asked my friend for a refund/return! ;)
J/K
I just love to touch Kloe's hair b/c she is so soft, altho she gets rather pi$$y when you want to touch her a lot. :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
04-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
You forgot Rutherford! :D :eek:
OOPS...How could I????

Rutherford is a joy to pet. You can run your fingers up AND down and it rustles just as well either way. It is soft and fine and like strands of finely spun silk.