PDA

View Full Version : A new Vacuum Cleaner

jennifert9
03-29-2005, 07:32 AM
Collin and I have been using hand-me down vacuums from our parents for years now...They work but barely...after vacuuming, you have to get down on your hands and knees and rub the carpet in little circles to get the dog hair off...(sound familiar to anyone!;) )
So this past weekend, Collin got his Christmas bonus, a holiday or two late but then again they had their company Christmas party in February!!:eek: ) So we went and bought a new vacuum cleaner like the adults we are supposed to be!!
And it's amazing!!!!! Who knew what we were missing! I want to vacuum all the time now! :D The first pass in the the living room filled up the canister TWICE!!:eek: 99% dog hair!
I can't stop vacuuming now! I go home every night and do every room with a rug, it's insane! But so much fun!;) :D
Unfortunately for Duncan he is scared of vacuums so he is not too happy about it, he hides behind the couch when I get it out.

Anyway, I'm sure all of you pet owners know the joys of a great vacuum cleaner, it's a necessity!! Just wanted to share my JOY at having a new appliance....maybe there are some good untold vacuum cleaner stories out there!!

By the way, what's the deal with the lamp on vacuums? Do lots of people vacuum in the dark? Am I missing out on something?:confused: :p

moosmom
03-29-2005, 08:09 AM
Jennifert9,

I share your joy honey! I used to get my vacuum cleaners at yard sales!!! :rolleyes: Then I got my Dad's hand-me-down Dirt Devil and thought I was in heaven, till it broke. :( That's when I went to the vacuum cleaner store and purchased an Oreck XL. Of course I was naive then. I didn't know that the reason they GIVE you a small portable one as a "gift" (yeah right) is because their oh-so-wonderful EXPENSIVE vacuum (NOT) doesn't clean on the side like others do. I'm waiting till I can save up for a new one and I'm going to buy a Hoover Wind Tunnel.

I'm so glad you're happy with your new machine! I never knew why they put a light on vacuum cleaners either. Go figure.

Happy Vacuuming!

janelle
03-29-2005, 08:27 AM
What brand did you buy? And I do not like the light on Vacuums. Like you said who vacuums in the dark? LOL and it shines up into my eyes which keeps me from seeing the rug as well. IMO just dumb. I would take the bulbs out if I had a vacuum like that

jennifert9
03-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Janelle, we bought a Bissell Powertrac or something like that...they all have fancy names now! And the colors, purple, orange, blue, red... I wanted a red one (my favorite color, I buy everything in red if it comes in it! but those are the Dirt Devils, way out of my price range) And I despise the color purple so we got the blue one. Not that color matters, it's just one of those things ; ) It's a middle of the road one, about $100. I couldn't believe the prices of vacuum cleaners..Who knew!? Some of them were amazing machines that cost so much they should do the vacuuming while I am at work!
I vacuumed again tonight, LOL! I guess it's a simple chore with immediate results so it makes me feel like I accomplished something. Espcially when I empty that canister... : - )!!