PDA

View Full Version : hello all

ladywizz
03-29-2005, 07:04 AM
:) Hello all! I am a new member here and really like the look of this site! It makes a change to find one so active with friendly people willing to share advice and stories.
I own a 3 legged cat - quite aptly named Wobble - who's story is on the Rescue section of the boards. We also own a pony (belongs to my 2 children) who is about to foal any time now which we areexcited about as when we bought her we didn't know she was in foal! And to add to the menagerie there is Marvin...the demented rabbit who loves nothing more than to run around with a plant pot on his head!
I would like to wish you all a happy easter (bit late but never mind! lol)
and hope to get to know u all soon .
Atached is a pic of marvin. havn't quite sussed out how to add more than 1 pic at a time, but Wob's pic is attached on the rescue section.

jennifert9
03-29-2005, 07:09 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! That picture is hysterical!! Does Marvin really like to do that or did he just get himself into a bind? So funny! I haven't seen Wobbles story yet but I love his name! I can see you have a great sense of humor which is very ery welcome around here! By the way, my name is Jennifer and I have a rescue dog named Duncan. No other pets unfortunately, Duncan prefers being an only child....I look forward to hearing about all your animals. Can we get some pics of the pony?:)

ladywizz
03-29-2005, 07:43 AM
Sure! I have attached a pic of the pony - Chanti - she's 5 in may and just as dippy as the rest of us! lol
Yea, Marvin loves his plant pot. he will sit and sulk if its not out when he is.
Thanks for the welcome and as for a sense of humour - I am so pleased I have found a message board with a pulse!!!

jennifert9
03-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Oh what a wonderful photo! Chanti is adorable. Is she pregnant in that picture? She looks like a solid little bundle!
Sounds like you have your handsful there with your animals, one pregnant, a cat with 3 legs and a crazy rabbit!!
You will love it here, I promise!!! Hang in there! :)

catnapper
03-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Great photo! Welcome to PT!

My name is Kim, and I have a large dog named Nicki, and 4 cats plus a foster kitty. All my kids pictures are in my signature below.

I'll go and warn you: this site is addictive! :D

jazzcat
03-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Hi and welcome to PT!!!!

Marvin is adorable (love the picture) and Chanti is very beautiful. I just checked out Wobble's story and picture in Pet Rescue and he is gorgeous. He looks very much like my little Rumor. She almost 8 months old along with her brother Rocky.

My other furbabies are Ripley, Jazz, Scout and my only little dog, Disney. You can see them in my signature below.

I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your babies. I wish Wobble lots of good luck getting his diabetes under control. I think he is very lucky to have found you. Please keep us posted.

If you want to learn how to post several pictures here is a link that can help.
posting pictures (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406)
I use Photobucket to host my pictures.

Just ask if you need help getting it to work, everyone is very helpful.

catmandu
03-29-2005, 11:02 AM
The Found Cats,Strays,Rehomed Strays,and Angels,as well,as I the Feeder,All Welcome you,and Yor Companions,to Pet Talk,I think,the Best People,and the Best Site,on the Internet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos744.jpg

Scrappy 2 ,Seconds that Motion.

catlover4ever
03-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Hi and Welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Meg and I am owned by 7 kitties, Tigger, Smokey, Tucker, Mystic, Abner, Gracie and Gabriel.

I love the picture of Marvin....what a hoot!!!!!

I hope to hear more about Wobble, Marvin, Chanti and I can not wait to hear about the new arrival.

Welcome again. --- Meg

ladywizz
03-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Wow! what a welcome! Thanks all!
Well, the new arrival should be here anytime between now and next week - fingers crossed!
Wobble has had to be kept in at the vets as he hasnt got his blood sugar levels controlled yet but he should be home tomorrow.
Dont know if I told you but my name is Kirsty....lol...bit late on t be introducing myself....what a doughnut!
You all own so many animals! I would really like to own more cats and a dog - rescues though as I worked in an animal sanctuary for quite a while so like a challange...lol The buzz you get from seeing them come in and learn to trust again and see them go back into a loving environment just cant be described.
All the photos of your cats are beautiful! as are all the other animals on here.
Thanks again!

Vermontcat
03-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!:D
I think you're going to love it here.:)
Your pets are adorable.
I hope you can post photos of the foal when it is born, I just love horses and ponies.:)

ladywizz
03-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh there will be an abundance of photos!
Can any of you tell me how you get your pics to appear like a siggy under your posts? I have put the link in my profile and it just writes it in...I have tried a photo thing and it just comes up as a link for other people to click on? I want it under my posts.....these blonde high-lights are taking their toll on the brain! lol

jazzcat
03-29-2005, 12:54 PM
You have to have your signature picture on a host site like Photobucket or Imagestation. If you use Photobucket.com then once you've uploaded your signature you just copy and paste the link which will be the line that has [IMG]...[ /IMG] for signature under User CP here. Also, they request that signatures only be 25K or less in size here so they won't take so long to load.

As for posting regular pictures in your post it works the same, just copy and post that [IMG] line at photobucket and paste it in your post here. If you use Imagestation.com read the link I posted above in my first reply here. It explains it all.

RedHedd
03-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Welcome to PT, ladywizz (Kirsty), Wobble (love the name) and Chanti. I see you have been warned that this site is addictive, but I think it's too late - you're here! Yup, it's too late! :D

I'm Georgia, owned by two fur-children, Mishi the Maine Goon and my little calico tortie gal, Mitzi.

Now I have to go search for Wobble's story ....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Welcome to PT! Poor Wobble, it sounds like he's been through so much and I'm so glad you rescued him!

In case anyone can't find his story, click here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75241) to go to his thread.

As for posting pictures, follow the link that Jazzcat gave you along with her instructions. It's kind of confusing at first, but just keep asking for help and soon you'll be an old pro at it - can't wait! ;)

ladywizz
03-29-2005, 02:24 PM
just t see if its worked...and yea...you're right...its addictive! lol

ladywizz
03-29-2005, 02:25 PM
not available??!! :confused:

jazzcat
03-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by ladywizz
not available??!! :confused:
I think that is an imagestation problem and not you. Looks like you got it. Sometimes Imagestation will have some pictures not available. Check back in a little bit and see if it's working.

ladywizz
03-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Sussed it!! swift kick to the hard drive.......;) I swear by it! lol

jazzcat
03-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Ah, that looks great!!!!!!!:)

RedHedd
03-29-2005, 04:12 PM
I love Wobble's tiara! Looks like our Ms. Edwina is going to have some competition in the hat department! :D

ladywizz
03-30-2005, 02:36 AM
Had to giggle...its not his. The girls (who are aged 4 and 6) decided to dress him up ....doesnt really look like he objected tooooo much though does it!
Have to say am concerned.......a cat who's scared of birds and likes dressing up in womens clothes! :D
pic is really tacky but it will do until i get the newphotos and my computer aint playing up so much.
Wob's is STILL at the vets! still not stabalising - bless him. I didnt even know they were going to keep him in - the girl at the reception desk said i would only be taking him for the damn day. I phone at 3pm to ask what time to pick him up, speak to a different person and they say that a glucose curve can take up to a week! needless to say - the girl I origionally saw wished she really hadnt seen me at all cos now poor wobs hasn't got anything to remind him of all the homely smells and with him coming from 2 rescue homes in total - i dont like the thought of him been dumped back in a cage!
Going up to see him later wether they have finished his treatment or not. dont think they wll argue...lol.....if they do I can always take my youngest daughter and sit feeding her the blue coloured smarties till they give in....lol