PDA

View Full Version : Yay!! My dishwasher FINALLY kicked the bucket!!

Sirrahsim
03-28-2005, 10:42 PM
My government issue dishwasher has been dying a slow, painful death since shortly after we moved in. I've called CE (civil engineering: little Japanese repair men) multiple times for the darn thing leaking and it has never properly cleaned my dishes without redepositing most of the grime back on them. Finally yesterday I tried to turn it on and it just whined at me:rolleyes: Soooo I called up CE and they basically said (insert heavy Japanese accent here) Don't use it!! We send someone by in morning tomorrow. Soooooo he came, he fiddled with it for 30 minutes or so, then called back to the office and explained the situation to them in Japanese. He then gave me the phone and they translated that he had said that it was hopelessly broken and we'll be getting another dishwasher on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D Good riddance you loud metal hunk of junk!!

PJ's Mom
03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Woo hoo!! :D Congrats, I think. ;)

Sirrahsim
03-28-2005, 10:51 PM
it's very exciting:D Especially because I don't have to pay a penny for any of the repair work OR the new dishwasher. I've been waiting so long for that darn thing to die:rolleyes: :p Some friends recommended ways to "help it along", but I was always too afraid that it would be obvious that I had broken it on purpose and would then have to pay for it. A new dishwasher is SO going to help this whole nesting thing along:D :D :D

PJ's Mom
03-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Well then, yay! :D

How long does it take for you to get a new one?

Sirrahsim
03-28-2005, 11:25 PM
2 days:D :D :D They'll be here at 8:30 on Thursday morning with the new one:D :D

PJ's Mom
03-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Congrats! Post lots of pics! :D

Oggyflute
03-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Thats good, though if our dishwasher kicks the bucket it means that I'm gone! :eek: :D

joycenalex
03-29-2005, 06:04 AM
the predishwasher here is the dog, he has offered to do it all, every time tho' ;) :rolleyes:

catnapper
03-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Congrats to the death of your dishwasher! :D :p Thats so funny! May your new dishwasher clean in good health! :D

sirrahbed
03-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Hurray!!! Congratulations!!!:D :D :D

I bet they took pity on this enormously pregnant lil woman - looking pathetically at that piece of junk!:D

Yes, you guys, when you are "owned" by the military and live in government owned housing - it *IS* a big event when an appliance is finally deemed un-fixable and replaced!!

Hurray!! Congratulations!!!

IRescue452
03-29-2005, 07:58 AM
Hooray for your dishwasher's death and congrats on the new addition! I would not celebrate if mine died cause I am the dishwasher as is my mother and my sister. Never wished for an electric one because the grime gets recycled too much.

moosmom
03-29-2005, 08:18 AM
How cool is that!! RIP you old metal hunk of rattling tin!!

caseysmom
03-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Dishwashers are also great for sterilizing bottles;)

kuhio98
03-29-2005, 01:38 PM
A moment of silence for the old dishwasher.....

Hope your new ones last for many happy and (quiet) years!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Awww....RIP poor dishwasher! Clean hard at the junkyard bridge! ;) :D

Sirrahsim
03-29-2005, 04:03 PM
lol!!! you guys crack me up:D :D :D Just one more day until we meet our new model:D :D

davidpizzica
03-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Thats good, though if our dishwasher kicks the bucket it means that I'm gone! :eek: :D Oggy, it's the same with me, I'm my own dishwasaher!!

Sirrahsim
03-30-2005, 06:29 PM
my new dishwasher is being installed right this instant:) The poor guy is over there hufifng and puffing, but there's nothing I can do!!

The new one is so pretty and shiny and bright:) It's digital even!! I'm such a dork:rolleyes: :D :D

Sirrahsim
03-30-2005, 07:17 PM
yay!! we have a new dishwasher!!:) It's smaller capacity than our old one, but beggers can't be choosers:p :D The guy also said that the type of detergent I use (2 in 1 action pacs: rated number 1 by Consumer Reports!!) "sometime make too much bubble, cause to overflow... powder is better" but I'm gonna try it anyway because I have a kitchen full of dishes and don't want to take the time to run to the store right now to get a powdered detergent. We'll see if my kitchen gets covered in bubbles:eek: :D :D

jennifert9
03-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Congrats on the installation of the new dishwasher! Getting new appliances is exciting, I just got a new vacuum cleaner and posted a thread about it...it's the small things in life though, you know... Anyway, good luck with the bubbles situation. I hope it works just fine but it would make for some funny pictures!

PJ's Mom
03-30-2005, 10:33 PM
So where are the pics of the new digital addition? :D