PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Moku

IRescue452
03-28-2005, 08:50 PM
I decided to grant Moku his freedom today. It was warm enough and our strawberry garden has enough cover if it gets cold tonight. If you don't know, Moku was a wild wood frog who decided to winter in our house this year. It was too cold to give him the boot when I found him, so I got him a tank and some crickets and let him "hibernate" inside. I decided that today was warm enough to go into the strawberry garden where there is plenty of cover and hiding places. I hope he'll stay and become a natural pesticide. Who knows, if he liked the accomodations enough maybe he'll bring a girlfriend next winter. Anyway, no more froggie personality around our house. He'll be missed.

Orca
03-28-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm glad you let him go and he gets to be free! And it was very nice of you to save him! :D

jesse_3
03-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Thats very kind of you to save him...I understand how you feel about letting him go:( He will be happy though! I once had a frog named Taddy (I got him as a tadpole) and we had to let him go when he turned into a frog....

wehee=)
03-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Youre very kind when you let Moku free:) I guess you will miss him a lot:) But luckily you have some pictures of him!

bunnyloveruk
03-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Thats really kind of you to let your frog go, i am sure he is enjoying his freedom and wont be too far away. Maybe next year he will come back with a whole family of froggies :)

cookieluver7
03-30-2005, 06:04 PM
That had to be difficult for you, considering you spent all winter with Moku. I'm sure if frogs could talk to humans he would thank you for letting him hibernate at your house, but most of all, letting him free when it was warm.

I hope Moku will be back again next winter. :)

Abby

tatsxxx11
03-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Awww:) I'll bet little Moku is enjoying the fresh air and sunshine!:D And for sure he enjoyed spending a nice, cozy winter inside with you, too!:) Hope to see you next winter, Moku! You will be very missed!