PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone...?

zippy-kat
10-04-2001, 10:24 PM
Have a recipe for Kitty Litter cake?

I'm in charge of throwing a Halloween party for my office and thought this would be a cute food item. I've seen it once before but ofcourse, can't find it again. :rolleyes:

I know it uses tootsie rolls for "kitty-cookies" and you serve it with a (clean!) pooper-scooper.

I'm also serving punch complete with floating body-parts! (I put gummy-worms inside a glove, filled it with water, froze it, then cut away the glove. Voila! Wormy-floating-body parts!)

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

Karen
10-04-2001, 10:49 PM
The recipe is here:
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/dessert/cakes/kittylittercake.html

And includes a note to use a NEVER BEEN USED scooper! :)

aly
10-04-2001, 11:01 PM
Oooohhhh zippy-kat, what great ideas! You're 100 times better than Martha Stewart!!! :) I'd hire you to decorate and cook for all my parties if you lived closer!

zippy-kat
10-04-2001, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Karen:
<STRONG>And includes a note to use a NEVER BEEN USED scooper! :)</STRONG>

LOL Guess I should've been more specific! lol
And don't worry...I bought a new one today! ;)

Thanks Karen!

Aly~
Trust me, these people are VERY brave allowing me to bake a cake for them! lol
But I refuse to acknowledge the fact that I am 'oven impaired'--I prefer to think of myself as microwave compatible!

crow_noir
10-07-2001, 01:03 AM
what a great thread! lots of information and laughs!

ok, i looked on the fabulous foods site, but it didn't have quite what i was looking for. anyone ever hear of "dirt" (f.f. had something similar; pushing a gummy worm half way into the chocolate pudding and then sprinkling crumbled oreos on top of the pudding.)(the recipie i'm looking for involves the mixing of crushed oreos, pudding and something else i beleive.)

TheAntiPam
10-07-2001, 06:14 AM
Try this - go to WWW.KRAFTFOODS.COM (http://WWW.KRAFTFOODS.COM) and they have a recipe finder. If you search on Recipes for Kids, then Dessert category, then search on gummy worm, it will show you two recipes for dirt cups. Give it a try. They are fun and yummy, no matter what your age! :D

Daisy's Mom
10-07-2001, 09:35 AM
What great ideas! I am so impressed by your creativity :) You'll have to let us know how everything turns out!

crow_noir
10-07-2001, 02:51 PM
thank you so much THEANTIPAM for the link! i do beleive the Oreo dirt cup recipie is the one i was looking for. (i just forget how to make it for a larg bowl. you know, for those big parties.)

if anyone has any suggestions based on the OREO recipie on how i should prepare it for serving it from one large bowl please let me know.

crow_noir
10-07-2001, 03:05 PM
i would also like to note that "dirt" can be served in a flower pot w/ a shovel.

i found an interesting no mess version on this iste. it is right under the regular recipie.
www.geocities.com/Yosemite/5307/dessert_2.html (http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/5307/dessert_2.html)