PDA

View Full Version : Skinny's Pedicure

Craftlady
03-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Skinny got the thrill of getting a pedicure (nails clipped). There is a groomer next to where we workout and where I get my hair cut.
She always said, anytime to bring Skinny down and she would clip his nails for me. We went late today. Skinny did real good in my arms but then wanted down to check everything out there. Kitties and dogs. :D So he got the thrill of being in the "loop" thingy on the table. He wasnt thrilled. :rolleyes: However, it was just for about 2 mins tops and she was done.
I can tell he feels better. It's been a year since it was done by the vet. She said they were long on his front paws. Even tho she showed me how to do it, I'm not comfortable doing it myself. She only charged me $5 so it's worth the trip :)

AlleyCat
03-28-2005, 07:20 PM
how does the loop thing work? My Abby is a real fighter and I have a hard time trimming her nails!

Craftlady
03-28-2005, 07:33 PM
It's actually a harness device that is attached to her grooming table. It is in the shape of a loop. It goes around his chest area and can be pulled snug and then she adjusts the grooming aid arm to a height that is comfy for the animal. They use same thing at PetSmart. His legs are short so he kinda dangled little bit with his front legs. Skinny was quite a site. He didnt mind it thankfully. :)

kimlovescats
03-28-2005, 07:43 PM
I agree the $5.00 was worth not having to do it yourself! Congrats to you and Skinny!!!:D

Craftlady
03-28-2005, 07:49 PM
So worth it :)
It only took her 5 minutes tops.

catmandu
03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Five Dollars.That is what it would cost me,in bandages,and iodine,if I did it myself,with John,anf Rocca!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos781.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
Five Dollars.That is what it would cost me,in bandages,and iodine,if I did it myself,with John,anf Rocca!

:D :D Too funny, Gary. :D

$5.00 is definitely worth the trip!

I only got into trimming claws in about the last year of Tubby's life. Worked good on him...mainly because he couldn't move too quick anymore ;) and because he started tolerating a lot of things that he never tolerated in his youth.

Peanut and CJ only have back claws (both came to me that way) and there is no way Peanut is going to allow clipping - and trust me, I've tried! I'm wondering about Cracker Jack.....they trimmed his nails at the shelter and that was good for awhile. However, I've started to hear them clicking on the tile and hardwood floors. Don't know if I should be afraid to clip them or not? Maybe I can just get him downstairs in the basement with the concrete floor and get him chasing the laser light like crazy! That should wear them down good. :D