PDA

View Full Version : bunnie question

jodi
03-28-2005, 05:56 PM
my bunny is due to have babbies any day now. On Saturday the 26th I saw a small amount of blood and a small blob. My question is do they lose a mucus plug before they go into labor? Their is still something in her tummy and she is eating good and drinking good and her spirits are up.

jesse_3
03-28-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm am not completely sure about your question about the mucus, but my guess is they do...I had a male rabbit, but the owner had gave us information about if we had another bunny and they mate (we don't want any babies unless we adopted them!) I think she said she did though....Sorry I'm not much help...Congrats for the babies!!!!!!! Good Luck, when they are born send in some pics of them!!!!!!!

jodi
03-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Thank you for the help!

manda_moo87
03-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Not to sound negative or anything... but I'm a rabbit breeder and my thoughts would be she's misscarried, or had the babies and ate them. The small blob should have been the afterbirth so I think she has had them from those sounds of it... Hopefully this isn't the case though. :( These were my thoughts when I read your post, I also contacted a friend of mine who breeds rabbits and she also thought the same thing.

...Let us know what happens, we could be wrong though, lets hope.

jodi
03-30-2005, 12:50 PM
Thank you for your replys. Nothing else happened so I think you are right and she just misscarried. I think in the back of my mind I figured that was the case but I wanted to be wrong. She has thrown show quality babies in the past and was looking forward to this litter. I guess in a few days I will try again.
Again thank you.
Jodi

manda_moo87
03-30-2005, 03:23 PM
You're most welcome I hope you have better luck next time! :)