PDA

View Full Version : Do you pray with your pets?

rizzy
03-28-2005, 04:56 PM
I was wondering how many PTalkers pray with their pets? On Pet Star people sometimes talk how their pet prays before dinner or bedtime.

Suki Wingy
03-28-2005, 08:07 PM
I don't pray at all.

joycenalex
03-28-2005, 08:11 PM
i've prayed for alex, i've also had him blessed. i'll take any blessings i can get for the furry one.:)

Orca
03-28-2005, 08:41 PM
I don't pray with them, I pray for them:)

kt_luvs_kitties
03-28-2005, 09:18 PM
I agree with Orca, I pray for them, and all of the other animals in the world when I wake up, before I eat, and before bed several times;)

PS- Great question:D

Logan
03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
I pray "for" my pets. I have never prayed "with" them, though, although there have been many, many times that I was praying and they were right there beside me.

I answered "no" on your poll, but maybe, in spirit, they have prayed with me.

Logan

cocker_luva
03-28-2005, 10:49 PM
i never pray

tortuga55
03-29-2005, 04:10 PM
I pray for all my pets and Freddy has been to church and to my church youth groupe. Freddy is my Ferret friend.

Sorry spelling in french groupe = group

LKPike
03-29-2005, 04:40 PM
no, but I do pray that my animals will stop purposly harming themselves so they can go see their favorite person - their new veterinarian, each week. lol

ParNone
03-29-2005, 06:41 PM
I talk to Maddie, my Cairn Terrier, who passed away a little over a year ago, in prayer. She was my soulmate dog and relieved a lot of stress in my life. Once she passed away, I needed a way to stay connected to her and it seemed a lil' crazy to just talk to her straight out. So when things are stressful in my life, I ask her to use her lil' terrier charm and talk to God and put in a good word for me. I figure not even God could resist if the request is coming from her. And so far I gotta say she's batting a 1000 for me. You go Maddie Roo! <thumbs up sent her way>.

Par...

jennifert9
03-29-2005, 09:20 PM
I think I do pray with Duncan...I talk to him alot and about everything so sometimes we do pray together I guess. I pray for his health and safety often of course. But there are times when I have talked to him about something, someone or a situation and have asked him to pray with me. (I do think his prayers go a little farther in heaven than mine do...he's a dog after all, as close to heaven as you can get ; )
We don't formally pray together but we have conversations about it I guess you would say... And yes, I consider my talking to Duncan a "conversation"
There are times in my life that I don't think I would be here if it weren't for Duncan. I think he is an angel sent from heaven to help me through life and tough times...Perhaps I should be praying to him instead of with him...LOL!
I have him blessed every year, spring and fall when my church does the Blessing of the Animals. And amazingly, he behaves fantasticly when we are there, even with all the temptations of other animals around. I don't think it's an accident the way dog is spelled....

jesse_3
03-30-2005, 07:43 PM
I pray for my pets (and everone else, of course!) I do pray to my dog Jewel now. She was my dog. I have to keep in touch with her because I have learned a lot from her. Even after she passed away. So I am with ParNone with this one!

tikeyas_mom
03-31-2005, 06:00 PM
No