PDA

View Full Version : Oops

catnapper
03-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Oopsie! A major Oopsie! Remember my jury duty summons? TODAY was the day... and I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!!!

With all the "excitement" in my house over boyfriends, pierced noses (yes, daughter decided to pierce her own nose herself :rolleyes: ) and cracked ribs (son slipped on a wet kitchen floor and seriously hurt himself) I completely and totally forgot!

I've been super busy with work (yippie, I'm finally busy and making money!) and super busy trying to keep up with the kids, I can't believe I forgot!

They said I'll get a letter for failure to appear and another notice to do jury duty. If I forget THAT one, I'm in major trouble!! I'm going to need 50 people keeping watch of the date for me because I KNOW I'll forget! :D :o :eek:

PJ's Mom
03-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by catnapper

With all the "excitement" in my house over boyfriends, pierced noses (yes, daughter decided to pierce her own nose herself :rolleyes: ) and cracked ribs (son slipped on a wet kitchen floor and seriously hurt himself) I completely and totally forgot!

Oh wow! :eek: I can understand why you forgot! I hope things calm down for you and that your son recovers quickly. :)

caseysmom
03-28-2005, 11:32 AM
I wouldn't worry too much it was an honest mistake, I recently heard in sacramento county where I live they have never prosecuted anyone for failure to appear for jury duty.

I get kind of freaked out about it too though!

cookieluver7
03-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Make sure to post your next jury duty on here so all of us Pet Talkers can mark it on our calenders and pm you so you don't forget. ;)

Abby

catnapper
03-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by cookieluver7
Make sure to post your next jury duty on here so all of us Pet Talkers can mark it on our calenders and pm you so you don't forget. ;)

Abby
LOL... I have several friends doing that too! the more reminders the merrier! :D

I can be a total arihead at times. :D

Oggyflute
03-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Your daughter pierced her nose herself!!? :eek: Ouch, she will remember that episode in twenty or so years, when the inevitable time comes. As a Granma then you could have this marvellous I told you so look on your face.:D

Hope your boy gets better, cracked ribs hurt.:(

luvofallhorses
03-29-2005, 02:20 AM
:eek: I totally understand why you forgot. I would have, too if I were in your shoes! :p

vinjashira
03-29-2005, 04:42 AM
Perhaps you could set a reminder on your mobile phone for the next one. That's what I always do :D

catnapper
03-29-2005, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Your daughter pierced her nose herself!!? :eek: Ouch, she will remember that episode in twenty or so years, when the inevitable time comes. As a Granma then you could have this marvellous I told you so look on your face.:D

Hope your boy gets better, cracked ribs hurt.:(
I keep telling myself that *someday* she'll have kids of her own, but as it stands now, she is totally against having kids. :rolleyes: Perhaps she knows what an (insert expletive here) she's being and doesn't want to deal with someone else acitng that way? As for piercing her nose - thats the third body part she's tried to pierce and the first two ended VERY badly with MAjor infections. If you did it two previous times and they ended badly, why on earth would you try it again? :confused:

As for my son - he's been flying high on Vicodin for two days. I'm surprised he went to school today because he's so loopy. I have to laugh too because this is the first time he's ever had any drug - presription or illegal - stronger than cough syrup with codeine!