PDA

View Full Version : Fundraiser - Th 31 Mar - Sunnyvale CA

AmberLee
03-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Not sure if you are interested, but the Los Altos Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution have been tasked to raise $1,000 towards building a Fisher House* for the Palo Alto Veteran's Administration Medical Facility.

The manager of the local Baja Fresh restaurant has set up a fundraiser for us on Thursday, 31 March. Anyone who goes to the restaurant between 4 and 9 P.M. that night, and orders something when presenting this flyer (http://www.bajafresh.com/text/content/pdf/288_LosAltosDAR03-31-05.pdf) -- 15% of their food and drink order will go towards the Fisher House project.

This is the Baja Fresh on the corner of El Camino and Sunnyvale-Saratoga Road. The street address is 701 Sunnyvale-Saratoga and it shares a parking lot with Trader Joes and is across the street from Toys R Us...

We've additionally been given the go-ahead to host a Bake Sale as the restaurant doesn't do desserts. I'll be bringing cookies and some low-calorie tarts made of fruit and yogurt and Cool Whip.

Fisher House is a great program that I've only recently learned about. They are like Ronald McDonald houses, but are affliated with veteran's hospitals, instead. And one is needed in Palo Alto. I was horrified to learn that family members who are staying at the hotels in PA to be near loved ones under-going care there or veterans under-going out-patient services are facing bills from $100 to $700 per night. Considering the number of vets on fixed incomes, this is ruineous. If you are in the southern end of the San Francisco bay, and are open to helping this great cause, feel free to stop by and buy a taco or a burrito to help a vet.

If I've left off info you need, feel free to post here or to PM me.

krazyaboutkatz
03-28-2005, 11:25 AM
This certainly sounds like a great cause. I know exactly where this is too and it's fairly close to me.:) I may just have to go there this Thursday on my way home from work. Thanks for the info.:)

AmberLee
03-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Wooohooo! I'd love to see you there.

Since I've been the main one coordinating it, I've eaten there often while getting answers for the main committee. I'm very impressed with their food.