PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my friends Dog......

carole
03-26-2005, 09:13 PM
I have just received an offline message from my best online friend in the states, he has a wonderful dog called Star , I have posted her pic before, he is a single guy in his early fifties and Star is his baby.

He has been through a real tough time this year, ending up having heart surgery and then complications ending up in more surgery and now he is heartbroken to find Star has a Tumour in her mouth, at first he thought it was just a bad tooth, I am devasted for him, and very worried, I am not sure my friend Dave will beable to take it if anything happens to Star right now.

Please send positive vibes and prayers, for his baby girl.

Has anyone had any experience with tumors in the mouth with their pets, I would appreciate hearing about it and if there is a chance Star will survive this, thanks.

dukedogsmom
03-26-2005, 09:16 PM
What a sweet dog. I'm so sorry he and Star are having such trouble. I hope he won't lose Star soon. Sounds like he really needs her right now. I'm ten years younger but I sure understand how he feels about his dog. We'll all be thinking about him.

carole
03-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks Val, I am really concerned for his well-being, he almost gave up on life with all the bad health stuff happening to him, last year and the beginning of this year, this is just one more thing to add its toll, I am not sure he will beable to take it, as he said to me I am a basket case right now, thinking that I might loose her, I sure hope there is hope for a recovery for Star or at least she will have some time left with him, as he needs her right now, she is all he has got really.:(

Oggyflute
03-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Star is a beautiful looking pup. Best thoughts and wishes for Star and her dad Carole.

LuvGold00
03-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Sending lots of pawsitive vibes their way!!!!

sammy101
03-26-2005, 09:48 PM
sending thoughts and prayers:( Star is a beautiful girl:)

luvofallhorses
03-26-2005, 09:50 PM
:( She looks so sweet prayers for the gorgeous girl and her owner.

carole
03-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Thank you all, your thoughts and kindess is much needed and appreciated right now.

slick
03-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Carole, please add my prayers to the list. Star looks like such a sweet pup....she doesn't deserve this at all.

Wow, Dave has been though so much, and now this. Please tell him that I'm thinking about him and Star...and please keep us updated.

carole
03-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks so much Slick, I will keep you all informed, just have to wait and see what kind of tumour when the test results come back, fingers and paws crossed, that it is not malignant, or if it is that it is removable and she can continue to have a long life, she is around ten years old if I remember right.

Corinna
03-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Prayers going out for Dave and such and elegant girl Star.

Lilith Cherry
03-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Lots of loving thoughts for Dave and Star, Carole.

flamepony12
03-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Good thoughts and Prayers on the way over to Dave and Star! :(

davidpizzica
03-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Carole, please tell your friend Dave that there is another fiftyish man named David from Pittsburgh with heart felt prayers for him and his precious Star. I pray that Star will be okay.

Soapets
03-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Dave and Star will both be in our thoughts and prayers here in Nebraska..........................

carole
03-27-2005, 07:59 PM
I will be voice chatting with Dave hopefully on wednesday, he will know more about the tumour, but from what I have read it is not looking too good, he says he thought he had no more tears left, but finds himself crying uncontrollable, he does not want Star to see him, as he thinks she will sense something is wrong, poor guy my heart aches for him right now, I know this is going to be the worst thing ever to happen to him, if Star has to be PTS or does not live much longer, it has just been one thing after another, it is so unfair.

Thanks David, I am sure Dave will find all of this very comforting, I will tell him that you are all praying for him, I hate being so far away and not being able to do much in such a time, it is very hard.:(

dukedogsmom
03-27-2005, 08:25 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. It's true that dogs are very senstive to how we feel. I hope he can be strong for Star. Be sure and show him this so he can read about our support. I hope she won't leave him so close to Easter. That would be a worse reminder of losing her every year. I've got tears in my eyes right now because I can identify with exactly how he feels.

carole
03-27-2005, 08:59 PM
I am hoping she might beable to have some surgery and live a little longer, I guess it will all depend how bad it is and whether Dave wants to put her through all that or not, whatever it will be a hard time for him, Dave has a hard life at times, he is disabled with polio as a child, but he continues to work two jobs, except he has been unable because of all his surgery lately, this is a real blow to him, I am so worried how he will get through it all, I know if I were there in person I could help him, it is so darn fustrating being so far away, and being able to do so little, he has been my friend for over three years now, and I am hoping for the best, I read most mouth tumours are malignant, so I am hoping it is in the early stages, Thanks Val and all for your kind words of support and understanding, I know I can always rely on PT to help me with anything in my life, and thats why it is so special to me.