PDA

View Full Version : Does this ever happen to you?

petslover
03-26-2005, 01:45 PM
I told my friend that I may be having a small dog Birthday Party for Tiger's 10th birthday, and they thought I was crazy. I was being so serious though. I was going to have it at my house, and all, but they laughed at me. :o

manda_moo87
03-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Yup, its happened to me. :p

Harmanie
03-26-2005, 01:49 PM
No not really, I had a 2 year birthday for Harmanie and all my friends came. We made a tuna cake and it had cat treats on the top of it. She opened gifts and everything. I guess it all depends on which friends you ask. I think its a grand idea. fun to!

binka_nugget
03-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Yup! I was making a list of things I needed to do (doggy cake, hats, goody bags LOL) and some guy started laughing at me. haha.. oh well. I get more excited about their birthdays than I do about my own.

petslover
03-26-2005, 02:25 PM
I get more excited about my pups than my own too lol!

AmberLee
03-26-2005, 02:30 PM
:o I've learned to be careful who I talk to about my fur-kids. :(

Have a blast at the party. (Birthday hat hockey is popular here. Just an idea.)

petslover
03-26-2005, 03:11 PM
What is birthday hat hockey?

and Thanks!

cookieluver7
03-26-2005, 08:26 PM
I actually never thought about having a party for Speedy.

:p

Oggyflute
03-26-2005, 09:58 PM
We have one every year. Everyone must bring their pups. Sometimes we have up to a dozen dogs flying around the backyard.:D It's a lot of fun, but only dog lovers would understand. Funnily enough, just about all our friends have dogs.;)

cloverfdx
03-26-2005, 10:15 PM
I've learned to be careful who I talk to about my fur-kids.
Same here :(.

Most of my friends are from our dog training club anyway so they dont think i am crazy. It is just the non doggy people who think i am a bit uh.... odd :p.

Oggyflute
03-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
Same here :(.

Most of my friends are from our dog training club anyway so they dont think i am crazy. It is just the non doggy people who think i am a bit uh.... odd :p.

Yep, it's mainly people through work though, but they kind of accept it now. To be honest I'm beyond caring what people think about furkids.:D

chrissycat21
03-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Snowy has never had a birthday party, she doesn't really care for other dogs all that much.

My teacher gave her two dogs a birthday party. She took over 100 pictures and brought them all to school to show everyone. Seeing all those pictures was way better then being in class with her! :p

KYS
03-27-2005, 09:09 AM
I think it is such a cute idea to have a birthday party
for a beloved pet.
WHY NOT! :D

AmberLee
03-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by petslover
What is birthday hat hockey? ...

Take one birthday hat, remove the elastic thingie that goes under your chin.

Place hat on floor. Thwak it with your hand. With luck, the birthday critter will thwak it back. Volley it a couple times. Eventually, here, the birthday critter will take the hat and claim it as his/her own; volley it into the pantry or whatever. When you can't take it (either the game or the hat...) declare the birthday critter the winner and present a treat.

Rules may vary to suit your terrain...

:D :cool: :D

GraciesMommy
03-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Yes..Gracie will be 1 year old May 25th and and I am careful who I talk to about it at work..I bet I hear "You DO know she is a dog" at least once a week.

The rudest tho was when I was at Petsmart and trying on a little outfit on Gracie..a man and woman walked by and he said loud enough to be sure I heard him.."IF YOU EVER TRY TO DRESS UP OUR DOG I WILL KILL YOU" to his wife..and she said "don't worry, I am not the stupid"

Oggyflute
03-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
Yes..Gracie will be 1 year old May 25th and and I am careful who I talk to about it at work..I bet I hear "You DO know she is a dog" at least once a week.

The rudest tho was when I was at Petsmart and trying on a little outfit on Gracie..a man and woman walked by and he said loud enough to be sure I heard him.."IF YOU EVER TRY TO DRESS UP OUR DOG I WILL KILL YOU" to his wife..and she said "don't worry, I am not the stupid"

Just have to dial down your care factor mate. Mine is constantly set at zero for blissfully ignorant people like that.:)