PDA

View Full Version : Telling us more about you(making friends)

Harmanie
03-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Now I don't know if this was done before, actually it probably was, but I hope you don't mind if I do it again. I was wondering, if we could all put down a couple of things about ourselfs, you know, so those who are shy or not very good at making friends that easily can make them with those that they can relate to.
I just thought it would be a good idea so that we can know more about each other to get more of an understanding and make more friends. I'd like to develope some friendships that last long like some of the pters have here:)

I'm Katie Dragon But people call me Kate. I live with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and also my three pets Harmanie and Jamice, who are cats. And Crush, who is a Betta.
I love music and I listen to everything. I love to paint(mainly water colors) I also love animals of coarse! :D OH, and I'm 16. But i'm turning 17 on may 5. Wich I think is kinda cool because its going to be the only time in my entire life whereit will be 05-05-05.

neko1
03-26-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm Michelle, I live in New Jersey. I'm 28 and I live with my husband and my 4 kitties. I enjoy photography and crochet.
I'm an extremely shy person and I don't know what else to say on here either.:o

Karen
03-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Harmanie
But i'm turning 17 on may 5. Wich I think is kinda cool because its going to be the only time in my entire life whereit will be 05-05-05.

There should be a name for that. I know your "Golden Birthday" is when you turn the age of your birthdate, so you would have had yours when you turned 5. I didn;t find that out until after I had mine, but my friend turned 20 on September 20 of the year 2,000, which was pretty darned neat, too!

binka_nugget
03-26-2005, 02:23 PM
I like these kinds of threads. :D

I'm Ashley. I'm 17 and hope to have my own dog training/daycare business in a couple years. I have two dogs, six bettas, guppies, an aquatic frog, two (dwarf?) plecos and a couple other fishes.

I like music, movies, reading, and web-design. I sing, play the piano and play the guitar. My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks (I'm planning on reading all his books. I'm a big sap for romances). I looooove movies. I watch an average of 3 new releases a week (working at a theatre has its perks :p). And when I'm not doing any of the above, I'm probably working on my domain: http://oh-my-dog.net

Karen
03-26-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm Karen, and I'm married to Paul, the other Pet Talk moderator! We live in Massachusetts, just outside of Boston. My only pet right now is Miss Hoppy, she's the little brown bunny that's my avatar. You were away, Katie, so you missed the millionth Pet Talk post celebration, but here's
http://www.petoftheday.com/online/hoppy/hoppymillion.jpg

Miss Hoppy from that day!

She actually cooperated - we printed the sign on a peice of heavy stock, and cut an oval in the middle, and she stayed with her head stuck through just long enough for Paul to get that picture. By the time he went to take another so her ears weren't cut off, her head was back on the other side!

Cookiebaker
03-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Karen, I just love that picture of Miss Hoppy!! :) She's soo precious.

My name is Anna, and I live with hubby Mark, 2 labs Malone & Emerson, and calico cat Marigold. I'm 28 (old!); I work in a small office (I loove my job); I love animals of all kinds; and I love going to Church and Bible study.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-26-2005, 05:08 PM
My name is Kari and I'm 22 years old. My Birthday is April 13th on which I will be 23. I married my husband, Justin when I was 18, it will be 5 years on July 17th. Just 6 weeks before I got married I started working at a wonderful boarding facility. I quickly worked my way up to manager. In addition to working there, I have been doing animal rescue for the past 41/2 years or so years. I have acquired quite the crew here.

davidpizzica
03-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi, there Kate! I'm david p, one of the oldest ones on PT. I'm 56 and I'm a cat butler to Nikki, my tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, my tortoiseshell kitty. I'm single and live in Pittsburgh, Pa.

luvofallhorses
03-26-2005, 05:23 PM
My name is Krista and I am 19 years old. I am a senior in highscool and I have 4 dogs, 2 cats, and one guinea pig. I want to be an animal cruelty investigator :)

wolfsoul
03-26-2005, 05:31 PM
My name is Jordan. :) I'll be 18 in October and I graduate from grade 12 in June. I have two rats, a kitten, a betta, and a dog that used to be mine but I will co-own her when I graduate.

Next year I'm getting my first Louisiana catahoula leopard dog. I also plan to get many more ratties (and would like to start a reputable rattery) and a ferrett. Also some more fishes and maybe some aquatic turtles.

I have my own rat food company that is sort of on hold right now, but I have two vets and a pet shop interested in my food, and one person interested in investing in my business. After I grad I'm going to be a dog bather and would like to move up to a dog groomer (I'll be taking a dog grooming course). One day I'd also like to have my own animal shelter/pet supply/grooming place (and training if Ashley can move her butt to Kelowna). Many dreams!

cookieluver7
03-26-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm Abby. I'm 14 years old and I live in Ohio. I have only one pet and that is my rabbit Speedy. I just love him so much. I'm trying to talk my parents into letting me get a dog, but they just say no. :( Speedy would be upset though, considering he is the only animal in the house, is the baby of the family, and is so darn spoiled!

I'll be 15 only the 29th of April. I think it's cool your birthday is on 05-05-05! That's so cool! I wish my birthday would be like that sometime, but that's impossible. :rolleyes: :p ;)

Well, that's all about me! Can't wait to read more about some of the pet talkers I don't know too well, and hopefully, will become friends with some of them!

Abby

Tweety_Pie
03-26-2005, 08:53 PM
My name is Kelsey and I live in Ottawa (Ontario). I go to highschool and I am in gr. 9.

I have a twin sister named Heather (green_chameleon_girl). I am 2 minutes older than heather, and we are identicle, although we dont look it :p! I am 14 years old and I am turning 15 on July 11. I love horses and I go to horse back riding lessons every Saturday (english) and when I'm not taking lessons I LOVE TRAIL RIDING (western).

I am owned by 2 dogs, 2 birds, and 2 hamsters (everythings in two's LOL :eek::D)

And thats pretty much about it for me :)

slleipnir
03-26-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm 20. I live with my dad and brother and 3 pets in Canada. I'm very shy and horrible and meeting new people :(

Josh4Colts
03-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I'm Karen, and I'm married to Paul, the other Pet Talk moderator! We live in Massachusetts, just outside of Boston. My only pet right now is Miss Hoppy, she's the little brown bunny that's my avatar. You were away, Katie, so you missed the millionth Pet Talk post celebration, but here's
http://www.petoftheday.com/online/hoppy/hoppymillion.jpg

Miss Hoppy from that day!

She actually cooperated - we printed the sign on a peice of heavy stock, and cut an oval in the middle, and she stayed with her head stuck through just long enough for Paul to get that picture. By the time he went to take another so her ears weren't cut off, her head was back on the other side!

Paul should be a photographer. Thats a great Pic!

Oggyflute
03-26-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm Trev and live in Sydney, Australia. I've been with my partner Carole, for seven years. I'm also 40. (still a youngen to david:) ) We have two schnauzers called Oggy & Flute, who are our kids. We can't have two legged kinds, but we are more than happy having four legged fury ones.:D Of course they are spoilt rotten,(it's the eye's, resistance is futile). I run a smallish business, which I'm contracted to do, but I owned a catering buiness a few years ago, which explains my love of cooking. I also love going fishing, and also have a fondness for fine wine. :)

cloverfdx
03-26-2005, 10:12 PM
My name is Rhi and i will be 24 years old this coming October. I am owned by 2 dogs, 1 Cat and 1 foster Cat. I compete and train the dogs in various sports so we travel all over the country (Australia).

I have a great group of friends and no longer find it daunting to meet new people :D.

Oggyflute
03-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
My name is Rhi and i will be 24 years old this coming October. I am owned by 2 dogs, 1 Cat and 1 foster Cat. I compete and train the dogs in various sports so we travel all over the country (Australia).

I have a great group of friends and no longer find it daunting to meet new people :D.

Did you get to Sydney and the show this year Rhi?

cloverfdx
03-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Did you get to Sydney and the show this year Rhi?
Unfortunatly not, we only had 3 dogs willing to go for Flyball and needed atleast another 2 :(. Next year we will be there, i am already "conning" people ;). No Victorian dogs travelled up for Flyball this year :(.

Cincy'sMom
03-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
and also have a fondness for fine wine. :)

Some of the best wines I have ever had were Australian. Of course, don't ask me what they were, we have a few friends that pic out the great ones for us when we go out. I just know I didn't like red wine until one that came from Australia.

I'm Amy and Ralph (SadiesDad) and I have been married for 4 1/2 years. we are owned by 3 mutts, Sadie a 4 1/2 yr old Lab/Dal mix; Cincy a 3 1/2 yr old lab mix and Spot a 4 1/2 yr old dal/lab mix. They are all registered therapy dogs, and keep us busy with their social lives :D

I work as a technical reviewer for the chemistry department of a company that tests medical devices. We do things like put stoppers or tubing through heat tests and exposre to certain solvents (water, isopropyl alcohol) to make sure when they are used there is nothing bad that will come out of them and intefere with the medicine.

Other then my dogs, my hobbies include reading, softball, and dance. I think I'm also going to try to go back 15 years in time, and start palying soccer again this spring. Could be scary!

cali
03-27-2005, 01:03 PM
my name is Shayna, I am 17 years old, will be 18 in october, and I am in grade 12. I have been a highland dancer for 7 years now, even though I have bad knees and a bad back(dont ask lol) I want to be something that involves dogs, like a groomer, or trainer or both lol I also plan to be a working border collie breeder, and I fully intend to rescue BCs as well. I am personally owned by 2 Border Collies, 6 guinea pigs, 5 gerbils, 1 Rabbit, and 1 Betta. but I live with my mom who has 3 dogs, 4 guinea pigs, and 3-4 sword tails. I do flyball, frisbee and agility with my girls so far and plan to get into shutzand with Happy and will be getting into Herding with Misty.

Shelteez2
03-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi. My name is Tasha, I'm 24, like long walks on the beach.....

Oh wait that's a different forum! :p ;) j/k

Ok so I have a weird sense of humor.

Well my name really is Tasha and I really am 24. I work at a dog groomer, have been there for 4 years. I'll probably be there forever 'cause I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. ;)
I also do a lot of pet-sitting. I like it 'cause it gets me away from home.

I like to compete in obedience with my dogs, but I'm too lazy to train them for the next level of obedience. One day we will get there though.

I like to play indoor soccer during the winter. Lots of fun. My team is trying to get me to play regular outdoor soccer with them, but it bores me too much. Not as fast paced as indoor.

That's pretty much all there is to know about me.

kimlovescats
03-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Karen
There should be a name for that. I know your "Golden Birthday" is when you turn the age of your birthdate, so you would have had yours when you turned 5. I didn;t find that out until after I had mine, but my friend turned 20 on September 20 of the year 2,000, which was pretty darned neat, too!

How funny, hubby and I were just saying how cool it was that our "trio" sibling kitties ... Harper, Hallie and Smokey will be FIVE years old this 5/5/05!!! :eek: :D

Katiesmom
03-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi, Kate!

I'm Crystal and I'm 27 and married with one child and i have 2 rabbits Cotton and Katie...

You haven't seen me around because I have been away for awhile but I am back now...i am a very shy person with not a whole lot to say....maybe if I would post more I could make some really good friends but like I said before I am very shy:o

shutterbug0303
03-27-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm known in this world as "Judy" :D and I'm 22 yrs. old. I had a birthday just like yours in 2003...

03/03/03 - I turned 20...very cool to meet someone else like that.

I am a "mommy" to three pups + one more coming this Saturday :D - Chloe, Sahara, Venus, and ___?___ (not sure his/her name yet). So, in total I will have 2 great danes, a dobie, and a Pap-X. We also have a budgie (Foster) and 4 kitties (BW, Spider, Joshua, and Joey) who kind of adopted us from a lady down the road.

I am a studio photography buff and hope to be working in a studio/owning my own soon. I am working on my general business degree to help with opening my own studio. Other than schoolwork and my pups, I usually stay pretty busy keeping up with my family. :D

PepperRSM
03-27-2005, 04:18 PM
I haven't posted for a while, so this thread is probably the best place to start up again :)

I'm Rachel, I'm in Minnesota, I just turned 16 on March 23rd, I'm in 10th grade and I have one little kitty, Persephone. I'm hoping to get another cat, but my dad's a little resistant about it. :rolleyes:

My interests are pretty broad, so I'll just list some things I've become really interested in lately:
-the anime mystery show, Case Closed
-the band, Weezer
-Podcasting
-working on my blog/journal, El Scorcho (http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/kudo_edogawa/) (warning, some swearing in it, but only once in awhile)
-The dance game, Dance Dance Revolution

Well, that's all I'll say, I don't want to go on and on :p
This is a great thread! It's fun to get to know everyone better :)

carole
03-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi there, I think nearly everyone knows me by now, I just celebrated my two year anniversary here on PT, but kept it quiet, I am 47 years old and not ashamed to admit it, mother to two children, Melissa 12 and Scott 23, and two furbabies Ash and Lexie, pics below, married to Steve.

I am currently the only NZ'er here, some have joined but left, I am rather shy in real life, but show my extroverted side here on PT, which I keep well and truely hidden in real life lol.

I am scottish by birth, but have lived in NZ all my life bar a few months, but I am very proud of my heritage and was brought up very scottish, dialect, sayings, music, you name it,people still have trouble understanding my mother 's accent at times.

I love living down under, in my small but beautiful little country, and all it has to offer with its peace and serenity and small population.

:)

GraciesMommy
03-27-2005, 08:55 PM
I am Pamela...44 and married to Bradley 6 years this July 3. I have 2 skin kids..Shane, who turned 25 this past Thursday and Robin, 19 and in college. Shane is divorced and has my 2 grandangels, Alayna (5) and Brooklyn (3) and he is engaged to be married later on this year.
I love to cook, have a recipe website...I do sigs and have siggy site...with over 200 members, so these 2 keep me very busy on the computer.
I am a Registrar at a Jr High. We have a 2003 Honda Goldwing touring bike so spend a lot of time on it..plan to do some touring this summer.
We live in Texas altho I am originally from Arkansas.
I have a 10 month old yorkie poo named Gracie. She will probably always be an only furchild..all we can handle.

schteve_d
03-27-2005, 09:24 PM
I am Steve. I presently live in Fort McMurray, Alberta (It's not the end of the earth, but you can see it from here!) but I am from Nanaimo on Vancouver Island and will live there someday again (not necessarily in Nanaimo but on the Island), or perhaps in the Okanagan. I have actually been thinking more and more lately about moving out of here! I have three dogs now: Buddy: A ten year old Black Lab cross I have had since a pup, Tasha: A ten year old Shephard cross I have had since a pup and Docker: A roughly ten month old Husky cross I adopted about a month or so ago. I spend alot of time off-roading and hiking and have recently started to learn to cook (out of necessity), the dogs love this idea as they generally get to eat all of my failed experiments!
I work as a manager at a car dealership (in the shop). I suppose that's about it for now!

PJ's Mom
03-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Well, my name is Dawn and I hate my name, but we'll leave that for another post. :p

I'm 38 and I have 4 real kids ages 18, 17 and 16 (twins), 7 fur kids (2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs and a bunny) and 8 kids with fins. ;) I live in Austin, Texas and we are in the process of buying a house. :eek: I also have a hubby whom I don't like too much so you won't hear me say much about him. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/sning/ignore.gif

I've been registered here for about 3 1/2 years but only recently became active again. :)

Um...that is all. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
03-27-2005, 11:18 PM
My name is Julianne (pronounced Julie-Anne) but most people call me Julie, since I dislike my "real" name and it's always mispronounced. :p I'm 15 years old and I'm a Sophomore in High School. I live in Southern California with both of my parents, my younger sister, two dogs, two cats, two cockatiels, a hamster, six desert tortoises and a couple of fish. Yep, it's a zoo. ;) I love taking pictures, training my dogs, listening to music, going to the movies, chatting online, hanging out with friends, etc. When I'm older, I'd like to become a Veterinarian and I'd like to own a Golden Retriever rescue and possibly volunteer/puppy raise for Guide Dogs Of America.

That's all I can think of at the moment. :p

bckrazy
03-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by cali
I do flyball, frisbee and agility with my girls so far and plan to get into shutzand with Happy
Happy's gonna be a schutzhund dog?! holy gosh :eek:! that's awesome ^_^

aanyway... I'm Erica. I'm from boring Northern California, 16, a virgo, love doggehs, and excrusciatingly frustrated without a license! my parents can be so mean. I love punk rock, raggae, jamba juice and yoga. I live mostly with my Dad and Stepmom, and my 3 year-old brother Alex. I have a 2 year-old neice named Morgan, who is cuter than anything/anyone in the world. I have a circle of very good friends who I've know forever... who I get into trouble with and go to shows with all the time, but I try to be friends with a variety of people... Nice people, only.

:p above all, my dog is my best friend. He is so cool, no one but me could ever fathom his coolness!! I (usually) love doing obedience, rally-o, and flyball with Gonzy... and hopefully we'll be doing agility by this summer. He does anything/everything to try to make me happy with him. My mom has a kitty named Lola, who allows me to play with her and give her treats :). I have neice and nephew pups named Bentley and Mercedes, who I spoil to death!! I really would like to get another pup this summer, but it depends where my life is.

Suki Wingy
03-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Hi, my name is Eva and I am 15, but when I was 4 I wanted to be called Suki Wingy, so that is my name on fourums. ;) I have this mutt:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/sukiwingy/nino/midmarch032.jpg
who I love more than any creature on this planet.
A schnieder's Skink (lizard)
and on April 1st, I will get a black himmie colored netherland dwarf rabbit. Gender is a supprise. If it is a boy, his name will be Oslo (like the capital of Norway) and if it is a girl, her name will be Botswana (like the country in southern Africa right next to Namibia, where the Kalahari desert is.)
I am a geography freak, I like rain, ice, snow, grey skyes and deserts. I love barren landscapes. I find names very meaningfull, and like to make up regestered names for future dogs
I want to be a professional conformation dog handler and breed Dalmatians.
I also like to write descriptive writing, although, as you can tell, I really can't spell!
Well, that was a lot, sorry!
OH! And I also have a pet peeve when people spell a lot as alot and Dalmatian as Dalmation.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :rolleyes:
I am SO weird! lol!

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Well, my name is Dawn and I hate my name, but we'll leave that for another post. :p

:p That's my best friend's name, and I like it!

PJ's Mom
03-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy

:p That's my best friend's name, and I like it!

Thank you. :D I've never liked the name, and in high school I had a good friend with the same name. She always liked her name. I was happy for her. :D

shutterbug0303
03-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy

and like to make up regestered names for future dogs

Great!!!!!! I sure could use your help pretty soon :D

Keep your eye out for my post in Dog General ;)

**edited to clear up quote ;)

moosmom
03-28-2005, 04:21 PM
My name is Donna. I'm 52, was born and raised in Connecticut and recently relocated to the midwest (Ecorse, Michigan). I am the personal concierge to 5 four-legged fur kids, one four-legged bald dude and the nana to 4, four week old foster kittens.

I am the mother of a 29 year old skin kid (a 13 year cancer survivor) who lives in Connecticut. and works as a secretary at an aeronautics company.

wolfsoul
03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom

I like the name Dawn too. My aunt is named Dawn, but I just call her Aunty Dawnie. :p

Queen of Poop
03-28-2005, 05:12 PM
My name is Gayle and I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I have lived in each of the 4 western Canadian provinces. I am 39 years old, 40 later this year. I'm on my second marriage, he came with 2 kids, so I have 2 step kids, none of my own. I have one dog (Sasha - border collie cross, 11 years), 2 ferrets (Sebastian and Miko - both 4 years), and 2 snakes (Speedy - Brazilian Rainbow Boa and Slytherin - Mexican Bairds Rat Snake). 3 pets have gone to the Rainbow Bridge: Sami - 12 year old mix breed dog, Rascal - 2 year old ferret and Trouble - 4 year old ferret. I like hockey, football and Stephen King books.

I am really glad to have found pet talk and to be able to meet fellow pet lovers from around the world.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-02-2005, 09:28 AM
I am Lut, better known here as Maya & Inka's mommy :) .
My birthday is July 21 1956, so I will be 49 in a few weeks. I live in Belgium. My hubby is Bernard, and we have 2 adopted kids, Indra (16) and Jo (20).
I have 2 ctas, Inka and Maya, one RB-cat Sydney, one bunny Billie, a guinea pig Jasper, and lots of fish in our pond!

If you want to find out more about me, please visit my web-site (don't forget the guestbook)

The Pet's House (http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/)

JenBKR
07-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I am 26 years old. I work at an environmental laboratory (in the office). I am on a computer all day at work, which is why I am here so often *LOL* I am also about to go back to school for a master's in counseling (I start this fall *gulp*). I'm pretty shy sometimes. I live with my hubby Shawn, dog Roscoe (german shepherd mix), cats Belle and Katie, and 13 or 14 fish.

Anita Cholaine
07-02-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm Natali, Im 14 years old, turning 15 on september 15th (I like that number, lol) I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina, (a bit far from where most of you live) but in the months I have been here, I learnt more English than in my whole life!

I have a wonderful doxie, Anita, and no more pets at the moment. I always wanted a horse, but I now that its impossible!!

I like going to the cinema, reading, all kind of music, that things...... I love speaking English, I dont know why, and I'd like to learn it well. I'd also like to learn french, but I dont have time...

k9krazee
07-02-2005, 01:32 PM
My name is Ashley, I'm 16 and I have a twin brother, Adam. My house is very full with 6 people, 5 dogs, 3 cats, 3 guinea pigs and a Tokay Gecko. I LOVE animals and want to be an agility trainer/groomer or a vet. I am going to be a senior in HS and am really looking forward to it.

I volunteer at my local animal shelter and am involved in Venturing ( a group affiliated with the boy scouts but it is co-ed and for people 14-21) I am a certified lifeguard and an Advanced Open water diver. I enjoy high adventure activities like white water rafting, rock climbing, biking, kayaking, skiing, and I could probably list many more!

My animals occupy the majority of my time and I love to just hang out with them or teach them new things. I love agility and started with Micki but because of an injury he can no longer do it, I am patiently waiting until Jack is old enough.

What else can I say about me? I am heading off to Europe for a month to participate in the World Scout Jamboree Eurojam. I leave July 16th and don't know how I will make it a month with no pet talk but worse, no pets!

Toby's my baby
07-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi everybody!!

My name is Beth, and I have a twin sister Sara. I am owned by 3 dogs (Autumn, Maggie and Boo boo) 3 cats (Cassie, Mittens, and C.P*constant pain*) 2 horses (Austin and Thumper)and 1 duck (Gizmo) :)

I love to play basketball, and my team is awsome! ;) We are very short of players, sometimes we only have 5 :p Basketball is one of the most important things to me, I get to be with my friends, make new friends and have fun, and at the same time exercise and stay in shape!

I also ride and show horses, not only my own, but for other people. I love it and I will always love horses.

I like to go to our local humane society and play with the dogs and walk them.

My pets are very, very important to me, if one of them would every have to go, so would I...;)

great thread! I love reading about other people! :)

davidpizzica
07-02-2005, 06:13 PM
I got to thinking aout Golden Birthdays and realized that I have one coming up in seven years! I'll be 64 on 12/12/ 2012!

MariaM
07-02-2005, 07:37 PM
I am 14 years old and my name is Maria. I have a golden retriever/yellow labrador retriever named Major and he is almost 1 and a half.

I like piano but I can't play it that well, and I just started guitar lessons in April. I am a lefty-gone righty for guitar.

I love all kinds of music except R&B and rap, but of course there are exceptions.

I love Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.

I love so many actors, like Dominic Monaghan, Orlando Bloom, Billy Boyd, Elijah Wood, Viggo Mortensen...hehe, all Lord of the Rings. Of course there are others I love but those are the main ones.

I enjoy reading fanfiction and other fiction.

Hmm I think there is not much more else to say.:p

finn's mom
07-02-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm Kari, I'll be 29 on September 18. I'm a mix of Virgo and Libra, and, I've been pegged as "fiery, but, anal-retentive" and I've been called a flibbertigibbet (a silly, scatterbrained person). I'm incredibly talkative and very passionate and outgoing. I have a big mouth, and, say things that guys are usually all right with, but, girls...not so much. ;) I get along much better with men than women. But, I love hanging out with anyone open minded and honest. I love listening to music, live whenever possible. I love all types of music. I love movies. I don't watch a lot of regular tv, but, I do like cartoon network and the discovery channel. I like to read, but, I don't as much as I should. I love being outdoors, I love nature. Photography is a hobby that I would like to one day be able to at least supplement my income doing. I love to dance and I enjoy crowds sometimes and being totally alone at other times. I have two older brothers and two older step brothers. All but one live here in South Carolina, the other is in Texas. I was born in Springfield, Illinois. Physically grew up in South Carolina. Mentally grew up in Germany. Spent a couple of years in Washington, a year in Virginia (DC), and, over six years in Texas, before returning home to my family here in SC. I'm living with my parents right now with my labrador, Finn. I'm an animal lover and hope to one day have multiple cats and dogs, but, for the time being, Finn is plenty. I'm hoping to get a few bettas, though. :) Anyway, I told you I was a flibbertigibbet.

gemini9961
07-03-2005, 12:46 AM
I'm Amber. Just turned 24 this past June 1, so that makes me a gemini (hence the screen name). I have 2 dogs as most of you know, they are in my signature. I am engaged since this past December. We have been together 4 years (yep finally gonna tie the knot this October). We have a house and have both graduated college. I have 1 younger brother. I am the only female in my family for us kids. I have no sisters or female cousins. :( Just had a new addition to my family, another cousin, a boy of course. He was born on May 31st, 1 day before my birthday. I was there to see the whole thing. I was born, raised and still live in Florida. I do like it here, even with the awful weather. I am very close to all of my family and I would consider myself lucky with that as I know not all people are as close. I work full time to pay the bills but when I have kids I really want to stay home with them. Ok that seems to be about it. :)

anna_66
07-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Hi!

As most of you know I'm Anna.

I have an amazing family consisting of a wonderful husband (married almost 19 yrs) named Mark (Angus's Dad on here), a 4 yr old husky named Roxey, a 4 yr old chow named Huney and the newest one of our family a almost 1 yr old English Mastiff named Bon. Oh yeah, can't forget...I have 3 cool bettas too!

My hobies are scrapbooking, watching movies and surfing the web and I love taking small road trips with my dogs (to the park, to my friends).

I can't have skin kids so needless to say my furkids are my life!

I work at Red Lobster as a server and have been there for
almost 10 yrs now. I really love working with and being around
people.

abbersmom
07-03-2005, 08:30 AM
(married almost 19 yrs)

I can't have skin kids so needless to say my furkids are my life!
Wow! Anna...I could have written those exact lines myself...what a coincidence!!!

Anyway...I'm Sue, I'm 48, & I've only been here about a week..I live in Iowa on the Iowa/South Dakota border. Mike & I will be married 19 years on Sept 20th. we are both volunteer weather spotters on the local civil defense team (yep, we're those crazy people that gou out & watch the storms & blow the sirens!!) I worked 28 years in retail management, until the chain I worked for closed the store here. I could have transferred with the company, but chose to stay here since hubby has a good job here. During the time I was between jobs, I took care of my Mom who had a major stroke during my last few weeks of work) After 4 months of that I was offered a job in grocery store management...which I am learning to love!! We have Abby, a cocker/poodle/schnauzer/pug that I brought along home from work one day when I heard that the lady trying to find homes for these puppies in front of my store was planning to drown them if she didn't find homes.

Sue

abbersmom
07-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Hmmmm...anyone else??? or did I scare everyone???

:D Sue

davidpizzica
07-04-2005, 09:19 PM
No, abbersmom, not everyone! I'm david p and I'm from Pittsburgh, Pa. I'm a cat butler to Nikki, a 4 y.o. tuxedo kitty, and Daisy a 2 y.o. tortoiseshell kitty. I think at 57 I'm the oldest guy on PT! I'm a golf course groundskeeper. Nikki is right now nestled in the crook of my arm!

furrykidsmother
07-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi, my name is Amanda I am 43, I was originally born in Glendora, California, but now live in Southern NH. I live with my wonderful husband and our 4 furrykids, Garfield, Gidget, Fluffy and Rusty (cats). I only found PT a couple of months ago, but I have found it to be very informative and very addictive. There are many wonderful people here.

Just a few things I like to do (there are many more) I enjoy spending time with my husband antique hunting, flea marketing etc., and taking rides up north to the mountains, spending time with out furkids, cooking as well as going out to dinner, reading and spending time with friends and family.

Nice to meet everyone!

CalliesMom
07-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Hi my name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I share my home with my husband of two years, three kitties, and a turtle. I grew as a military brat; my father served for thirty years. We lived in California, Florida, Virginia, Texas, Germany, South Dakota, Nevada, back to California. I did my undergrad in Arizona and am about to graduate in 2 DAYS with my Master's in Alabama. I move July 30th to Raleigh, NC to start work on my PhD.
I am fairly shy and am a constant lurker on PT but do not post often. In real life, I have more acquaitances than friends and on weekends, prefer to stay at home on watching television or reading a book. I do enjoy going to the movies, out to restaurants, or just spending time with someone I care about. The joys in my life are my family and being with my furkids. I greatly enjoy what I do at school and could not have asked for anything better.

Mutt_Maniac
07-05-2005, 03:19 PM
My name is Sara. I am 13 years old. I am from Northern Minnesota. I live with my twin sister (Toby's my Baby) and my mom and dad. i have two older brothers that live in Arizona. I live in a farm with 3 dogs, (Maggie, Autumn, Boo Boo) 3 Cats (Mittens, Cassie, CP) 2 Horses, (Thumper and Austin) and a duck, (Gizmo). When i grow up I would like to either be a Horse trainer or a Doctor at the NITU at some hospital. Right now i enjoy Riding horse, playing in band, being with my friends, and most of all spending time with my fur kids.:D

~Sara

crsvstang
07-05-2005, 03:28 PM
My name is Tina, I am 24 years old. I am married to Rob will be married for 6 years in September. We have 2 beautiful daughters named Kaitlynn (5) and Maegan (20 months), and we live in West Virginia.

I am lucky enough to be a stay at home mommy and my husband is a welder and machinist.

I enjoy taking pictures, mud bogs, 4 wheelers, my pets, spending time with family. I like cars, going out or just staying home and relaxing.