PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Postal Employees .... (new record)

Karen
03-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Today, yes, today, March 26, I got returned to me one of the Pet Talk Christmas cards I sent out. I knew the address might not be current, as "Adore My Dogs" has had some changes in her life, but sent it anyway, it's postmarked December 23rd, 2004. Why did I just get it back NOW????

So two days before Christmas to the day before Easter - pretty odd, huh?

It just says "No forward order on file \ Unable to forward"

chocolatepuppy
03-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Maybe it went pony express! :D

AmberLee
03-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Odd little coincidence. Eons ago I sent a former roommate an invitiation to a Fourth of July picnic. I thought it was odd not to hear from her, but didn't really think about it much. Much later she contacted me -- She got the invitation on Halloween! :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Sometimes the P.O. out does themselves, don't they? :p

petslover
03-26-2005, 02:25 PM
Wow, that sure did take awhile!

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2005, 02:36 PM
My hubby works for the P.O, and it seems as though 90% of the mail we get is from the .......U.S Postal Service. :rolleyes: Thier own best customer, and scrap the rest. I heard of a card that was found in/or under a machine some 20 something years after it was sent, so I guess your card was returned to you pretty 'quickly'. :eek: I'm unsure if the recipient was even still alive.:confused:

aly
03-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Today, yes, today, March 26, I got returned to me one of the Pet Talk Christmas cards I sent out. I knew the address might not be current, as "Adore My Dogs" has had some changes in her life, but sent it anyway, it's postmarked December 23rd, 2004. Why did I just get it back NOW????

So two days before Christmas to the day before Easter - pretty odd, huh?

It just says "No forward order on file \ Unable to forward"

How weird Karen! I just got THREE of mine returned in this past week. I saw a mistake on one, but I'm not sure why the others were returned, ESPECIALLY this late!

Corinna
03-27-2005, 12:01 AM
I had to give my bank (I have lived here 11 years had hem for 8) My address the other day. When I asked why they said my statements and mail from them was returned. I haven't moved the PO can't give me an answer why.(like I thought they could!!)

K9karen
03-28-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm still mad that they discontinued the Spay/Neuter stamps! But at my P.O. they still sell the postcards, notepads. I still saved a few-the cutest stamps ever. Since moving to Glenside almost 30 yrs ago, I swear I haven't had your problem, unless I get something back in year 31! :D :D One great thing about a local PO is that if the address is wrong on mail, they correct it and deliver it and you can leave the stuff you're too lazy to mail yourself at your door and they'll take it, and even pay due postage. At least for our house..maybe cause we give our main carrier a huge Xmas gift. Money talks...

ramanth
03-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Wow!

I agree with chocolate puppy. Maybe it was via Pony Express! :eek: ;)