PDA

View Full Version : Stinky Situation...

MULTICATMOM
03-26-2005, 11:57 AM
HI ALL, I'VE A SMELLY PROBLEM!! A INTACT GORGEOUS WHITE MALE, TECHNICALLY THE NEIGHBORS. HE REALLY LIVES HERE!! WELL... WHITEY SPRAYED THE FRONT OF MY APT:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'VE TRIED LYSOL & PINESOL BUT IT STINKS!! I CAN NOT BE MAD AT WHITEY, HE'S JUST BEING CAT;) MEANWHILE, IT STINKS!! I CAN NOT KEEP MY DOOR OPEN BECAUSE OF THE SMELL.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'VE TURNED TO PT FOR ADVICE, I NEED SMELL HELP:rolleyes:

THE GIRL THAT "OWNS" WHITEY MOVES APRIL 1ST. IF I INHERIT WHITEY, I SUSPECT I WILL, HE GETS NUETERED!! HE'S ONLY ABOUT 7-8 MTHS OLD & GETS ON WELL WITH THE OTHERS:D

Harmanie
03-26-2005, 12:34 PM
oooooooo, thats a situation you've got! I'm sorry I don't know what to do. Have you tried "oust"

jazzcat
03-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Something similar has happend to us. I used Downy liquid fabric softener diluted with water in a spray bottle and sprayed the affected area heavily for several days. It helped get rid of the smell and it is also suppose to deter the cat from spraying there again. Once you've gotten rid of the smell spritz the area with the solution about every three days or so for a while and that should keep him from coming back.

Febreeze would even probably work and help get rid of the smell. It finally got rid of the urine smell from Disney's vent accident in the bathroom.

Hope that helps.

moosmom
03-26-2005, 12:48 PM
There are two things you can try. Natures Remedy is a liquid that you pour or spray on full strength. When my cat peed in my bed, I poured it on and when it dried there was no more smell.

You can go online and get Nok-Out, another liquid. My cat missed the litterbox that I had in my closet. He peed on the floor. I sprayed that stuff on full strength and it got rid of the smell.

I hope you get to keep Whitey and get him fixed. He needs someone like you to care for him, not the jerk that doesn't take responsibility for him.

Good luck.

kuhio98
03-26-2005, 12:59 PM
What Donna said. Natures Remedy worked for us also.

catfamily
03-26-2005, 01:45 PM
We have that problem a lot.Our neighbors cat sprays our back door.And if we open the INSIDE door it stinks.And if you come in through the back door you can't smell it until you open the screen door.Then people will probably think it's our house unless they come in all the way:rolleyes:
We scrub it a lot.With whatever we have.But the cat still sprays every so often.Not as often as before thank goodness.I'll try the things people suggested on this thread also.Thanks:)

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2005, 02:30 PM
TRY VINEGAR, STRAIGHT UP! IT'S AN EXCELLENT ODOR NEUTRALIZER.;) ;) ;) CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICS OF YOUR NEW BOY LOL! :D

catmandu
03-26-2005, 02:38 PM
I HAVE AN ODOR NEUTRALIZER,THAT I GOT FROM THE VETS,AS SAM,WILL SOMETIMES FORGET,THAT HE IS FIXED,AND SPRAY.I HAVE TO DO,THE FRONT PORCH,AS I THINK,THAT SCRATCHY,IS MARKING HIS TERRITORY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos691.jpg

MULTICATMOM
03-26-2005, 05:30 PM
I'VE INVESTIGATED/SMELLED FURTHER:eek: THE SMELL IS COMING FROM MY ROSE WHICH IS IN A CONTAINER!! I'VE IRIS IN CONTAINERS ON BOTH SIDES:rolleyes: :rolleyes: SEEMS LIKE I AM ABOUT TO BE SCRUBBING MY PLANTS!

I'M REALLY HOPING THAT HE STAYS & GETS NUETERD:D :D I'M ATTACHED TO HIM...I'D GUESS SHE THREW HIM OUT WHEN THE "KITTEN" WORE OFF:( :( HE EATS & SLEEPS HERE, HAS BEEN SINCE LAST YEAR... OUR MAINTANCE MAN IS SUPPOSED TO CHECK WITH HER & SEE IF I CAN HAVE HIM AS SHE LIVES UPSTAIRS & I CAN NOT, OBVIOUSLY, MAKE IT. OR I'D ALREADY SPOKE WITH HER.

rosethecopycat
03-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Try the Enzymatic cleaners.

How do I know this?

A couple weeks ago, I inavertantly left my car's moonroof open. Very grateful that it didn't rain that night, I entered my car.
The smell was vaguely familiar, yes, it was 'stinky boy'!

:eek:

A cat had gotten on top of my car and sprayed into the monroof.

The 'payload' landed on my leather seat, and probably dripped down the side of the gearbox.

I've been spraying Enzymatic cleaners on the seat, and leaving it.:eek:

The car was rendered: undrivable for a couple days

Now, the smell is dissapating.

I've learned my lesson.:rolleyes: :D