PDA

View Full Version : A question about this site

janelle
03-26-2005, 12:25 AM
Why don't we need to loggin and logout? Most sites are like that. But I don't see a log out sign. ???????:confused:

Oggyflute
03-26-2005, 12:29 AM
If you are using cookies you will automatically log in when you go to the site. There's a log out link on the forum main page.:)

janelle
03-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Oh thanks. I've probably been logged in for days now. LOL

Lexi_Lover
03-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Theres an option in your option page. And you click yes or no, yours is set to yes probably! :D Attached is where to find it!

Just a question, as I really don't get it...what in the world are "cookies" on this site? :confused:

Lexi_Lover
03-26-2005, 09:09 AM
And here is where the log out is:DOn the bottom on the right hand side on the main page. Hope that helps!

Karen
03-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Cookies are a little bit of code sent by a website to your web browser. The Pet Talk cookie sits on your computer, in some spot that you don't see, but your web browser (Safari in my case, Internet Explorer for some people, etc) does. It lets the computer know your username and password, and that you are "logged in."

Janelle, you don't stay logged in forever if you don;t hit the "log out" button, the BBS software will "log you out" if you are inactive for a period of time. But the "cookie" on your machine "logs you back in" whenever you come back to Pet Talk.

janelle
03-27-2005, 02:50 AM
Well when I started to post this reply I had to login. It asked for my user name and password. I logged out last night so I had to login now. Before when I wasn't logging out I had no problem posting without logging in. :confused:

Logging out seems to be more trouble. I have to go to the logout page and then I have to login again coming back if I want to post. The other was easier, I just clicked off on the red X ast top of page and came back through an email from the site.

Josh4Colts
03-27-2005, 07:37 AM
I hate having cookies.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: