PDA

View Full Version : awwww, they're finally thawing!

elminster20
03-25-2005, 12:30 AM
So my guys were never what you'd call affectionate. Sure, they love being petted (sp?), ears scratched, a belly rub, all that good stuff, but they wouldn't cuddle in your lap and weren't too fond of being picked up. It's slowly, so slowly, starting to change. For instance, Bob. The couch is his, he sleeps there, all the time, loves it, climbs it, everything. When I stretch out on it though he curls up at my feet, without actually touching me, if I shift he wakes up and moves till he's a bit farther away. He'll follow me in to the bedroom and all, just contact is a bit much. But the last few days, while on the couch or in bed he's curled up against my leg, and I've woken up late at night a few times to find his head and front paws resting on my foot!!!! I've watched some terrible later night infomercials trying not to move!!!!! Don on the other hand, is shy, and doesn't like being touched unless he's ready for it and wants it. BUT, he now jumps on the bed and on the couch to seek attention!!!!! He never ever did that before!!!!!!! They're learning to trust us more!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaoK'okung
03-25-2005, 12:45 AM
isn't it so awesome!!!!!!!!!...my Shy still will not sleep on bed, except on rare occasions, and after almost 11 years, I still cannot hold her, BUT the day she finally climbed up on my lap and curled up, i was BEEMING with joy and happiness...what a great day that was!!!!!....patience....it will happen or it won't...no matter, just love them...:D :D :D

catmandu
03-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Little,by Little,they will learn,who loves them,and slowly,you will get closer,and closer.It took,my Scrappy,a while,but then,he was my Best Little Friend.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Mr.jpg

catnapper
03-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Wow great news! It takes cats time sometimes... I forget, how long have you had them?

I got an email form the new family of one of my fosters, and they have had her for a month now. They sid they can't believe how much she's opened up in the last week... they are now calling her the "demon seed" (said with love) because she's become so comfortable and active in their house :D

kimlovescats
03-25-2005, 09:42 AM
What wonderful news ... isn't it a beautiful feeling???:D

elminster20
03-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Well, we've had them for a little over two months I think, and as I type this Bob is curle dup between my feet and Don is sitting at my elbow, on the desk. I think he just wants my water, but still, he's close!!!!:) Couldn't be without the little buggers, not after all this:)

kaoK'okung
03-25-2005, 10:38 PM
they are both very beautiful cats...and the love in thier eyes!!!!!...(it's all for you!!!)...:D :D