PDA

View Full Version : absolutly nothing to do w/ pets...Slush Puppies

crow_noir
06-14-2001, 11:56 PM
how long has it been since you've seen them around? w/ this hot weather it makes the thought of them soooooooo irristable. but the one plce that had them open to the public no longer have them! our local high school has them, but i can't get them there for two reasons. 1) not just anyone can walk into a high school. 2) school's out for the summer, so i can't have a student go in and buy one for me. Icees and Slurpies just don't cut it either.

Eudora
07-13-2001, 09:14 AM
Um.. crow_noir? what are slush puppies? We don't have 'em where I come from. :D

Karen
07-13-2001, 09:26 AM
Basically it's finely crushed ice, with colorful flavored (usually fruit flavored) syrup poured over it. They're perfect in sweltering weather!

Eudora
07-13-2001, 09:45 AM
Ahh... we have THAT in Singapore! Any local will tell you it's ice kacang! Try it sometime! We even have corn and 'attapchi' added!

crow_noir
07-14-2001, 12:12 AM
we have several different brands of crushed/shaved ice over here. slush puppie is the one i like the best. like karen said, there are several flavored surups that can be added to the ice on a slush puppie. i'm saying they have about 10+ flavors. Slurpees are part of a chain convienence store we have here called 7-11. they usually only display 2-4 flavors at a time and they are premixed in a machine. and cola(coca-cola) is always one of the flavors. Icee is sold in the retail store KMart and a few other places. always two flavors at a time. and they have about 4 flavors that i know of. again, premixed. personally i just like the grade of the ice and flavor quality of SP better. (though i won't "knock" Icee's rasberry lemonade flavor.)

crow_noir
07-14-2001, 12:16 AM
i forgot to mention. these are different from "snocones" which you munch on/eat; these are things you drink. (though w/ icees and slurpees you can scoop out the remains usually. ...if it's not so hot out that all the ice is melted before hand.)

Eudora
07-14-2001, 09:26 AM
Erm.. we have over a 100 7-11s here in s'pore, crow_noir! :)

crow_noir
07-14-2001, 11:18 PM
reallly?! wow!!!! *snickers* we actually just lost a few over in my area. *snickers* why i am so amazed is that only about 1/4 of the united states has even heard about them...lol. well, maybe more, but still...lol

Eudora
07-16-2001, 09:00 AM
Are you kidding? But, then again, 1/4 of Ameirca is probably even more than 4 million right? :p

crow_noir
07-17-2001, 02:03 AM
not kidding. (i say with the internet, alot more people are hearing "of" them, but whan i first started talking to friends that moved or friends that my friends met over the internet, they hadn't heard of them.)

i don't know, i just know it's alot. (the population.)

Eudora
07-17-2001, 09:19 AM
It has to be at least a thousand times Singapore's !!!!! :D