PDA

View Full Version : Guitars

MariaM
03-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Yes, guitars again. Here's the deal.

I'm left-handed, so I need a left-handed guitar.

I'm thinking about getting one but with my uncle dieing, everything has been very busy lately. We are trying to get his house sold and all of that other stuff taken care of.
So I haven't been rushing it or anything...but....
Today, I was talking to one of the teachers at my school. He said his son had/has an electric guitar, left-handed. He said it's in good shape and it's a Yamaha. I'm thinking about getting it since otherwise I'd have to travel far or order from somewhere a left-handed guitar...plus, he's had it for a couple years because he was hoping his son would get interested in it again, but he hasn't. So I'm hoping I could get it for a good deal...

So basically my question is, are Yamahas any good? Of course I'm not looking for top-of-the-line since I haven't played before and stuff...if I really get into it, I'd save up for a better one. But I don't want one that will fall apart lol, or need tuning all the time.

Oggyflute
03-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Carefully inspect the bridge for any wear, usually this is where you have problems, but it sounds that it's hardly been used, so a new set of strings and you will have a pretty good axe.:)

chrissycat21
03-24-2005, 08:32 PM
I've heard Yamaha is a good brand. I don't have a yamaha so I couldn't tell you from experience.

Good luck with the guitar!

MariaM
03-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Thanks! I'm hoping to take a look at it soon, maybe tomorrow...I think there's a good chance of me getting it! :):):)

Josh4Colts
03-25-2005, 08:14 AM
How much is he selling his guitar for?

heres one on amazon for onlly $90.00.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002PSABY/sr=1-1/qid=1111759911/ref=sr_1_1/002-2696344-5378468?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=11965861&s=musical-instruments&v=glance

If your going for really expensive good ones, they have some for over $1000.00