PDA

View Full Version : Lump on rear right haunch

shutterbug0303
03-24-2005, 12:01 PM
My boss just came into work asking me about a lump on her 4 year old DSH male cat. He has just had a yearly visit to the vet about 2 weeks ago and there was nothing at that time. She thinks it just happened recently. She said he is acting like he doesn't want her to touch it and that she is noticing a small bit of a limp.

I've never had a cat with cancer before, but I'm sure they will get "lumps", just like dogs. Could this be the case? Is there another possibility (ie trauma to that area)? I also feel like 4 is just so young to have a "sudden" lump that would be cancerous...but it could happen.

What do you think? She is going to take him to the vet on Monday if it has not subsided...but I was just looking for other opinions.

kimlovescats
03-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Sounds like it could be a Vaccine Related Sarcoma, or cancerous tumor from a vaccination! He should get it checked out right away! Good luck to your friend and his kitty!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-24-2005, 12:36 PM
It could be serious, but it could also be notthing to worry about. So, my advice is: go to the vet!

catmandu
03-24-2005, 12:57 PM
It might be anything,an infected scratch,or a bite,from one,of the Other Cats,but I dont think,that it would a cacerous lump,but the vet,will put your mind,at ease.Ragnar,has a few,from fighting the Other Strays,and I cleaned them right up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos418.jpg

Ragnar,relaxing on the Koxka Cat Tree.

kuhio98
03-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Time for the vet. Hopefully it's nothing serious. My brother's cats (Cuddles and Paul) once got large lumps that turned out to be a reaction to a spider bite.

Please keep us posted.