PDA

View Full Version : Frankie Kisses!!!

Glacier
03-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Just when I start to think that Franklin has made as much progress as he is capable of, the little guy suprises me again!

Franklin came to us three years ago as a timid, shadow of a dog. If he was a cat, he would have been considered feral! Everything terrified Frankie. With lots of time, patience and consistency, he has come around nicely. He's still timid. He's not a dog I take to town with me. But we can pet him whenever we want to, he seeks us out when he wants attention, he plays, and he's a great wheel dog on my sled team. Franklin has never become snuggly though. He likes to get his ears scratched and lay in the same room with us, but he's not one who gets up on the couch and cuddles in.

Last night I was laying in bed reading when I felt a dog sneaking up on the other side. It was Franklin. He froze when I looked at him, so I went back to reading and ignored him. He finished getting on the bed and slinked on his belly up to my husband's pillow. :) I continued to ignore him and a couple minutes later, he wiggled a little closer and started to gently lick my cheek. Franklin is not a kisser. Frankie kisses are a rare gift. As an even nicer suprise, when he was done cleaning my cheek, he put his head on my shoulder and went to sleep. Stuart had to watch TV for a little longer than he planned! Franklin stayed for about half an hour and then moved back to his doggy bed at the foot of our bed!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/dogs%2005/franker.jpg

I'm so proud of my brave little man!

Queen of Poop
03-24-2005, 11:52 AM
That is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Good work Franklin.

robinh
03-24-2005, 11:54 AM
That is so sweet! What wonders you've done with him.

cyber-sibes
03-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Oh, that gave me goosebumps and teary eyes! What a little sweetie, you must be so happy!

ramanth
03-24-2005, 12:35 PM
AWW Franklin! You made my eyes leaky. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Oh Franklin, what a SWEET thing to do!!:)

pitc9
03-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh Franklin.... you're such a sweet boy!
That story got me all teary eyed!!

You boys ... you sure know how to make eyes leak!!!

(Buddy does stuff that makes me cry out of happiness all the time too)

Oggyflute
03-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Way to go Franklin. I'm sitting hear wishing I could give Franklin a big cuddle and kiss too.:)

Kevin Farmer
03-24-2005, 05:22 PM
......i'm at a loss for words....how wonderful for you both:)

lizbud
03-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Aww Frankie kisses are special ones.:) I think he's saying
thanks mom for believing in me.:D

tatsxxx11
03-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Happy tears!!!:):):) What a smile you put on your Mommy's face, Franklin!:) You truly work wonders with these special pups, Glacier! Oh, that picture says it all!:)