PDA

View Full Version : The Notebook

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Has anyone seen that movie? I watched it last night and absolutely loved it! I want to buy the book and read it. I have read a few other Nicholas Sparks books and they are great. The Guardian is a good book by him. Has a hero doggy in it!

kimlovescats
03-24-2005, 09:13 AM
My favorite movie at present! Hubby and I watched it together and bawled our eyes out!!!!

Cookiebaker
03-24-2005, 09:16 AM
I loooooved that movie!! I didn't cry too much, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I plan on buying it. :)

Samantha Puppy
03-24-2005, 09:20 AM
I just watched it last night too! I loved it. Cried my eyes out.

Tonya
03-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Hubby and I cried our eyes out! We loved it.

PJ's Mom
03-24-2005, 09:44 AM
I haven't seen the movie yet but I just finished the book. It made me cry. :eek: I wonder if the movie will, too.

GraciesMommy
03-24-2005, 09:59 AM
I saw it at the movies...then read the book then rented it when it came out...my fav movie to date..

jennifert9
03-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Souraya, I haven't seen it yet but I have heard it is fabulous. I almost always prefer a book to a movie but I have heard great things about the movie and so/so things about the book....Perhaps I'll throw caution to the wind this time and just rent the movie this weekend:) :D ;)

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-24-2005, 10:07 AM
I haven't read the book yet, but plan on buying in. Just loved the movie. I think it's my new favorite chick flick. I cried my eyes out.

GraciesMommy
03-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Just to add: This is the first one I have ever seen/read where the MOVIE was better than the book..the book is good tho..just very very short..the movie just better..

moosmom
03-24-2005, 10:47 AM
That was the best movie I've seen since Bridges of Madison County! I'm going to watch it again all the way through this time. (I had to watch it in bits and pieces). The ending was definitely a 2 Kleenex boxer!!

binka_nugget
03-24-2005, 01:47 PM
It's my all time favorite movie!! :D

The book is amazing. I haven't willingly read a book since grade 8 but I zipped through half of the book in a couple hours. After you read The Notebook, be sure to read The Wedding. Right now I'm reading The Guardian. I want to read all of Sparks' books. :D

NoahsMommy
03-24-2005, 01:49 PM
I loved that movie so much that I bought it on Monday night. :)

I originally saw it with my parents and they adored it as much as I did. So, for their anniversary on May 8th, I'm going to buy it for them too.

GREAT movie!!

kuhio98
03-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
My favorite movie at present! Hubby and I watched it together and bawled our eyes out!!!!

Kim, you are so lucky. How great to have a hubby that will share things like that with you. I wanted to rent it last time I was home and my husband vetoed it because it was about "emotions". :rolleyes: (God forbid, we ever talk about our feelings!)

Looks like I'll plan a girls night and my Mom and Sis can have a good cry.

manda_moo87
03-24-2005, 02:24 PM
The Notebook is currently one of my FAVORITE FAVORITE movies! I've bawled my eyes out every time I've seen it, talk about a beautiful movie... :)

CountryWolf07
03-24-2005, 02:24 PM
I absolutely LOVE the movie! It's excellent!! :D

My Peanuts
03-24-2005, 04:05 PM
My boyfriend watched it alone because his mom loaned it to him. This guy never watches chick movies, but he watched it. Then he calls me and tells me I have to watch it because it's like us. After I watched it I balled my eyes out :) Great movie!

Toby's my baby
03-24-2005, 04:58 PM
We started watching it in school, but had to fast forward it through the nudity parts, so I went to Emma's (Dogz) house last Saturday, and we watched it. I loved it!! I was like, rewind it so we can watch it again, and she gave me a "are you serious" look, because she had watched it 4 times already :p! I didnt cry though (I'm not the "crying" kinda person);)

CountryWolf07
03-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
My boyfriend watched it alone because his mom loaned it to him. This guy never watches chick movies, but he watched it. Then he calls me and tells me I have to watch it because it's like us. After I watched it I balled my eyes out :) Great movie!

I want my NOAH! ;) Where is he?! I don't know.. I'm still looking for him..

rizzy
03-24-2005, 08:37 PM
I havent been on PT for awhile and so I was just going to start a thread on this, I just got done watching that movie. It was the BEST movie ever!! I cried too hard though, I mean I shouldn't have bawled that hard! But I was by myself, lol. Its a great movie, I also plan on buying it.

Lillycat
03-25-2005, 08:01 AM
great book......all his books are, i think......havent seen the movie yet.....

RedHedd
03-27-2005, 10:29 AM
I rented it last night and want to watch it again. What a beautiful love story! I want someone to grow old with! Bawled my eyes out! Best movie I've seen in a while.

Rachel
03-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Now that's what I call a good review. It certainly will be the next movie that we watch.

jennifert9
03-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Well, after all these rave reviews, I rented it Thursday night. I watched it twice! It really was an excellent movie. I told the boyfriend to watch it when he got home from work at 3 inthe morning (he works nights) but when I woke up around 4am, he was playing his X-Box...:rolleyes: Men, what can you do?;)