PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Jada looks mean?

Jadapit
03-23-2005, 07:19 PM
I have sent my sister in law pictures of Jada and she called me the other night and told me that she thinks Jada looks mean.:(
Do you all think she does? I dont not at all. My sister in law is one of those people that think pit bulls are all mean. I keep telling her that's just NOT true. Does this look like a mean dog?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p872bd1afdc3f7142a216195b898b67d4/f6d1480b.jpg

chocolatepuppy
03-23-2005, 07:25 PM
You've got to be kidding! :eek: She's a sweetheart! I've never once thought of her looking mean. Give her a kiss from me will ya? :D

Lexi_Lover
03-23-2005, 07:26 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jada would be the LAST dog that I would ever count as mean! I don't see any dogs as mean! She is a little sweetie pie! I don't see how she could think that! :(

I would be running upa nd kissing the cute lil' nose! :)

animal_rescue
03-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Heck no!:eek:
She looks like a total sweetheart!

Kevin Farmer
03-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Nothing sweeter that a little pittie face, It's just the public reputation, dont worrie about that
look at this...............
.. .... ..
.. .... ..
.. .... ..
.. ..
.. ..

Suki Wingy
03-23-2005, 07:37 PM
NO! She looks like a happy pittie girl who really wants a hug!

cyber-sibes
03-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Jada has a mighty sweet face! I've heard that many people think black dogs are mean, maybe your sister-in-law is one of them.

PJ's Mom
03-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Jada mean? You're kidding, right? :eek:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p872bd1afdc3f7142a216195b898b67d4/f6d1480b.jpg

I just wanna kiss those lips. :D

DogLover9501
03-23-2005, 08:44 PM
:eek: That's crazy!!

We can all see how sweet Jada is just by looking at her! I would love to give her a big hug :D I don't think she could look mean even if she tried ;)

fritz03
03-23-2005, 09:03 PM
I think your Sister-In-Law has it wrong too.I don't think she looks mean at all.I guess it just depends on who owns the Pit Bulls.

chrissycat21
03-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Are you kidding me? Jada looks so sweet in that picture. (And the one in your sig!) She looks like all she wants is to get a kiss on the nose!

Daisy and Delilah
03-23-2005, 09:34 PM
AWWWWWWWWW.....what a silky sweetie pie. Kisses to you from us Jada!!

Love, Daisy and Delilah:cool: :D :)

tortuga55
03-23-2005, 09:45 PM
I don't think pit bulls are mean. But if someone was shown that pic in particullar and did not know the dog they could jump to that conclusion. Especially if they did not like pit bulls to begin with. The way her mouth is open looks like she was barking at you when you took the shot, and many people who do not like dogs (ie pit bulls) find barking/teeth a sign of agression. Many people get freaked out when a dog barks at them. I dont think she looks mean all her other body language says otherwise. You just took a pic that suggests she was barking at you.

She is a total cutie.

sammy101
03-23-2005, 09:46 PM
:eek: pff,no way!What a sweet girl!She doesnt look mean at all:D
has your SIL ever met Jada??

LauraT7
03-23-2005, 10:43 PM
We live in an area where there are alot of spanish-speaking only, mexican families - and we have a couple of garage sales each year. it always amazes me how the women and kids, even the men - are AFRAID of our golden retreivers!

Our last dog, Tristan, was actually a Golden/ chesapeke mix - but like the pits do - he had the wide-spaced eyes and the wide 'grin' and lolling tongue when he was happy - and he was happy ALOT!

I think when people who don't know dogs and can't 'read' their body language see a open mouth or teeth - their fear reads ANY teeth as if the dog is baring their teeth at them. WRONG!

Pit bulls unfortunately get alot of this because of their undeserved reputation, and the fact that when they're happy, they have these big, wide, toothy grins! But Dang - if people would just LOOK - they could see that every aspect of their body language is saying, pet me - love me!

If I were to meet Jada - as she is in that pose and that photo - I'd quickly be down on the floor playing with her - to me, her expression and body language are inviting and playful.

Just LOOK at her - her ears are relaxed, her face is 'open' her mouth is relaxed, she's sitting sideways on her tail! there's not a tiny bit of tension anywhere in her body - and a 'mean' or even scared dog, would be 'tense'.

Maybe you should teach your sister how to 'speak' dog? She might be a whole lot more comfortable around dogs if she understoof them!

Nope, Jada is a sweetie - and anytime she wants to come over and play, Fizz and i would be happy to have her visit!

laura

aly
03-23-2005, 11:34 PM
NO WAY!!!!!!!! She looks kissable and sweet! I could just grab her cute cheeks and plant a big smooch on her nose!! :D

luvofallhorses
03-23-2005, 11:39 PM
:eek: :eek: Mean? Heck no! She looks like a total love bug! Give her hugs and kisses for me please. :D

tortuga55
03-23-2005, 11:43 PM
I would not hesitate to pet her, although I would ask first. Some people dont like strangers tuching their dogs. I just wanted to let you know people who dont know dogs find teeth, open mouths, barking, scarry.

Oggyflute
03-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Jada ia an absolute cutey.:)

jenluckenbach
03-24-2005, 04:45 AM
Is this the picture that looks "mean"??:confused:
(according to your sister)

Well, I can tell you one thing, I work with other people's dogs on a daily basis. And I KNOW that there are dogs out there that will bite your face off (just an expression I use). But I would have no fear in allowing Jada kiss me right in the face. She looks sweet. (does she give kisses??)

LorraineO
03-24-2005, 05:41 AM
Mean,,,, Yer kidding???? Tell sis to get some glasses and a side of common sense,,,,,,,, to go!!

Jada has THE sweetest face on her,,,,,,,, SMOOCHES on that nose!!!!

EssTer
03-24-2005, 05:43 AM
Are you kidding? Jada does NOT look mean AT ALLL!!!! Give her hugs and kisses from me ;) She is so sweet doggy :)

pitc9
03-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Some people just have a fear of dogs, and like Cyber-Sibes said. large black dogs are the most feared.

Don't worry about what other people think of your pups, she's your's and that's all that matters!!

I think she's a cutie pie! I'd kiss her!:D :D

2crazypuppies4me
03-24-2005, 09:43 AM
LOL, she's looks like she's talking to the camera. So cute and so NOT mean!

robinh
03-24-2005, 09:57 AM
She's so pretty! Doesn't look mean to me, but some people stereotype all dogs. She looks like she's asking "Mean, who - ME????"

At the shelter, we have a couple of real cuties, but I can tell you I wouldn't put my hand near their face for fear I'd lose a finger or two. We also have a couple that are big and muscular and look like they could be mean. Yet they are the biggest sweeties you'd ever want to meet. It's not the look, it's the personality.

LKPike
03-24-2005, 09:59 AM
You answered your own question :p
your sister already thought pits were mean, no matter how cute Jadas pics were, that probably wont change what your sister thinks about the breed.

Jadas beautiful :):) I'm sure other pit owners, or in general experienced pet owners will agree that she doesn't look threatening at all :)

ramanth
03-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Mean!? NO way! You know in your heart she is not mean so don't let your SIL get you down.

I agree with Laura. Some people just can't read a dog's body language, or they have had a bad experience with a dog and fear them all.

Yesterday, when Kia and I were finishing our walk, Gage, a neighbors beautiful brindle pittie spotted us and raced in a dead run straight over. I'm sure some when they saw that mouth open, tongue lolling out, charging right at them would freak out. All I did was smile and say, 'Hey Gage!'. It was obvious he just wanted to play.

senorita02
03-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Well i certainly know how u feel. people will judge a book by it's cover all the time.
But to answer your question, if i saw Jada i would run to her to pet her silky shiny coat and give her a BIG kiss, in that picture she looks like she is waitng for a kiss on her pretty mouth!

Lets not forget the person who posted she would grab her kids and run if she saw Rita walking with me down the street, (when Rita won Dog of the Day)
i was so mad!

NoahsMommy
03-24-2005, 02:07 PM
That wasn't a very nice thing to say. :(

Maybe she feels like someone suggested...large, black dogs seem scary?

I think Jada is a doll and not scary at all! ♥

cubby31682
03-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Jada is such a beautiful dog. I can't see a mean bone in her body. I just want to hug and kiss her ever time I see a picture of her.

I know what you mean about people saying bad things about dogs. There are a lot of people at work that tell me that Gracie would kill them. They also ask why I would want such a mean dog. I just simply tell them that she isn't mean. I even go as far as having hubby bring her to my work so they can pet her. Just to show them she loves people and wont attack everyone she sees.

Katie

Kosmo&Cuddles
03-24-2005, 05:32 PM
She doesn't look mean at all!! Jada's a sweetheart. I wish people would stop judging our beautiful pitties.

My Peanuts
03-24-2005, 05:36 PM
I don't think Jada looks mean, but I will admit that she does look intimidating. That's not a bad thing if you ask me. I love Jada and I think she is beautiful. I also think that her intimidating looks are part of her charm for me, it that makes any sense. Maybe your sister sees the intimidating look and interprets it as "mean."

*LabLoverKEB*
03-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Jada and mean shouldn't evenbe said in the same sentence together. Jada is NOT mean, or mean looking! She is a lil sweetheart!

Jadapit
03-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Thank you so much everyone! You all made me feel a lot better.
My sis in law lives in Denver so she has never meant Jada. She is a huge dog lover herself, she just has it in her head that pit bulls are a mean breed. When she does meet Jada that will totally change her thinking. Jada is honestly one of the sweetest dogs that I have ever owned!!

My husband and I were saying what a great kids dog she would be because you can get in her face and love on her and she doesn't care in fact she thrives on that. She wasn't barking in the picture. I was making her sit and wait for a treat and she was all excited to get it.:)

Thanks again everyone you all are the best!!!:)

tatsxxx11
03-24-2005, 06:26 PM
How could anyone EVER think Jada was mean! No way!!!! She's a mush bucket:D You've got a lot of fans here, Jada! And anyone who says otherwise is WRONG!!! Hugs to you, Jada!:)

vinjashira
03-25-2005, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Jadapit
When she does meet Jada that will totally change her thinking.
I am sure she will :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Jada, MEAN??!! That's a crazy thought!! I mean, yea, SOME pitbulls might be mean, but there's circumstances that make them that way--aka, they were mistreated, abused, etc. Jada is DEFINITELY one sweet looking pup! I LOVE those eyes too!!:)

Suki Wingy
03-25-2005, 01:23 PM
I think you should email her a link to this thread.

cookieluver7
03-25-2005, 09:39 PM
She looks so sweet!:D How could your sil think that??