PDA

View Full Version : GRRRR, chinese algae eaters!!!

tikeyas_mom
03-23-2005, 06:31 PM
ok,

I am now finding out who the calprit is that keeps attacking my black skirt tetras fins... it is the chinese algae eater... GRR..
I wish I would have known that they re agressive before i bought him.. ugh.. I am taking him back to the petstore tomorrow.. I am just going to get a pleco, they have this weird new breed of pleco at this small petstore in my area, they are called butterfly plecos, they are super cute.. supposibly they only get 2-3 inches long..

lets hope thats true... they are pricey too... but meh.. i really am not likeing this chinese algae eater...

DogLover9501
03-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Are they the long skinny things? If so, we used to have trouble with them too, with alot of different fish.

Never had any trouble with Plecos, I still miss mine!

tikeyas_mom
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
i had some troubles with the leopard pleco in the past, mine was agressive to goldfish... weird...

Orca
03-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I'd go with the pleco, I've never heard of them attacking fish :). I've heard horror stories of the chinese algae eaters attaching on and attacking fish! Nasty little guys.

DogLover9501
03-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
i had some troubles with the leopard pleco in the past, mine was agressive to goldfish... weird...

I heard that some of them like to suck on the other fish, but we've never had any problems.