PDA

View Full Version : MORE sad news :(

BandiTank
08-04-2001, 05:59 PM
Unfortunately, I have more sad news. Today, I went into my room and found one of my Lovebirds dead :( . This is not as hard to get over as it was my Aussie, for I only had the bird for 2 weeks and I did not get too attached, I never get that attached to my birds, but I am still heartbroken, I have the "heart-droppsies" as my mom would say. But I feel even more sorrow for my other bird, he/she (I don't know which one died, yet) would just cuddle up to the other bird. When I found him/her on the bottom of the cage the other one was sleeping next to it. I feel so sorry for it. This will make it easier to tame the live one, but this is still sad. I do not know why it died , it may have had a heart-attack because I vacuumed yesterday and that may have scared it. Or it may have choked on something. I do not know :confused:. Maybe this is God's way of saying I should not have pets. I sure hope not.

Dog lover5678
08-04-2001, 07:24 PM
OH im so sorry :( :( :( But dont say that u where ment to have pets ! just know its in a major special place

Rottieluver45
08-04-2001, 07:34 PM
I`m so sorry!! I wouldn`t say That`s a sign!!
In info I read about birds is they get scared easily maybe it was the noise.I am so sorry to here about your loss!! If you need to talk to anybody about your loss with your dog or your bird we are all here!!

4 feline house
08-04-2001, 08:58 PM
BandiTank, please don't think God doesn't want you to have pets. This is just a very unfortunate coincidence.

I recently posted that I was responsible for the accidental deaths of my three cats two years ago. I was devastated. It was the worst thing that had ever happened to me, and I've been through a lot of horrible things. I, too, after having had cats for 40 years, decided I was not worthy of having any more. I even moved into a no-pets apartment for the first time in my life.

Well, I guess God had too many unwanted animals still roaming his good earth, and so he brought to me a little kitty, still a kitten herself, that was homeless and about to have babies of her own. I set out to find her owner, but no one claimed her. I was even caught by the landlord who threatened eviction. I didn't have the heart to throw this sweet, pregnant little kitty out in the height of the summer heat, my goodness, how could I throw out a kitty that was playing hide and seek with me? So I went looking for another place to live, and found a nice little duplex in my price range in three days, ready to move in to (this is an area where occupancies remain at 99%, and most rentals have waiting lists months, even years long!). Two days before we moved, Peaches gave birth to Big Mac, Cookie and Pepper, and we still have all four. The kids had their second birthdays last week.

Yes, I still miss my dear little Yankee, Boosie, and Cosmo, but I no longer feel they hate me. And I now understand that what happened was just a horrible accident, it had no reflection on my worthiness to care for kitties. God showed me this when he sent little pregnant Peaches my way.

This is just a horrible coincidence, and I hope it does not keep you from sharing your love and compassion with more little furry and feathered friends. I was touched by your descrpition of the little lovebird, asleep by the little body. How sad.

I hope you feel better soon, it is so easy to fall into a depression when things like this happen. Remember, we are all here for you, whether you need to post again about this or even email us, we're here for you.

Daisy's Mom
08-05-2001, 12:23 AM
Rachel I am so sorry! But of course you are meant to have pets. This is just a horrific coincidence. What an awful month this si for you! Keep your chin up and hug all the precious babies you still have with you. Everything will be okay!

AmberLee
08-06-2001, 02:13 PM
{{{Rachel}}},

Hang in there. I haven't words to help, but am holding you in a cyber-hug. May you find help and healing soon.

thelmalu99
08-06-2001, 03:14 PM
Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry.
It's so hard losing a pet, it doesn't matter if it's a big doggie or a tiny bird.
I'm still grieving over the loss of my kitty, Charlie almost three weeks ago. I still can't think of him without tearing up, even though I have two new kitties that are just lovely.
The people here at Pet Talk are just wonderful and have helped me deal with my loss. We are all here for you during this difficult time. Please know that.
love,
Thelma