PDA

View Full Version : Well Surprise, surprise, surprise, surprise!

QueenScoopalot
03-23-2005, 02:52 PM
I was doing my 90MPH mad dash this AM feeding etc. phone rings at 6:45...my friend Pat had a kitten brought into the store where she works...I dragged a brush through my hair, brushed my teeth, and went to get the baby...sex unknown right now. :rolleyes: I settle the baby in, dash through the rest of morning stuff, and about to head out to work when I hear a squeak coming from my triple decker cage, that has 3 altered males, and an unknown sex cat trapped last Friday. Well lo-and behold...now I know the sex of cat #4! I had NO clue she was pregant:eek: She was giving birth as I was about to run out the door. The kitten squeaking was ice cold! I ran upstairs with the baby, and plunked it in with a mama who birthed 4 (5, but one died) on Sun. then off to work. Good thing I drove home to check between jobs, as there were 2 more ice cold babies that had fallen to the bottom section (onto lambswool bedding I threw in this AM). Mama was nestled into the nook created by the ramps to the top deck nursing a 4th baby. I had to drag out the males in there with her, and relocate them! I gave the upstairs mom a 6th baby, and left the surprise mama with the other 2. Whirlwind day so far. :rolleyes: I guess it's a good thing I trapped her! ;)

Corinna
03-23-2005, 02:54 PM
er um I don't know what to say but maybe.....congrats????

mina'smomma
03-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Talk about the shock of a lifetime. Good thing you were keeping an eye on her

catmandu
03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Congratulations are in order.How are the Little Ones doing? I hope,that everyone,is well,and healthy,and that all the Cats,will be able,to get Furr Ever Homes.And a Pox,on the careless people,who put Good Pet People,in such a predictament.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos183.jpg

catfamily
03-23-2005, 03:48 PM
OMG Janet.How in the world do you keep up.Geez:confused:
Glad you were there.to trap her and glad you were there to help the babies.:)

kuhio98
03-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Jan, I am exhausted just reading about your life! Keep up the good work. :D

NoahsMommy
03-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Whoa!! Glad you had her...who knows what would have happened to those babies without you.

((HUGS))

MULTICATMOM
03-23-2005, 04:27 PM
I HOPE YOU TAKE VITAMINS!!:D :D
COLD?? DOESN'T SOUND GOOD...
I KNOW IF THEY CAN BE SAVED, YOU ARE THE LADY FOR THE JOB!!
I'M WITH GARY ON WISHING A POX ON PEOPLE THAT DO THIS!

BEST WISHES FOR A GREAT OUTCOME:D :D
BTW, IT'S A GIRL...
:eek: :eek:

catnapper
03-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Busy day! Whew! You sound like one of those commercials for Multi-vitamins or V8 or something! :D

Good thing you saw her having babies when you did, or you would have come home to a sad scene. You are amazing, and I'm ever more convinced you're an angel.

kimlovescats
03-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Good grief!!! Bless you, Jan for all you do! Praying the babies all make it and that mom is ok!!!

((BIG HUGS))
Kim;)

QueenScoopalot
03-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Whoa!! Glad you had her...who knows what would have happened to those babies without you.

((HUGS))
They no doubt would have been buried under our next predicted snowstorm :rolleyes: 6-12 coming over the next 24 hours, and I've had more than enough snow! I'm so glad I trapped her when I did that's for sure. ;) I've spent the afternoon juggling misc. other kitties to Petsmart etc. No rest for the weary...*sigh* :rolleyes: Kim (catnapper) VERY glad I was home when the surprise arrival squeaked, otherwise it would have froze in the cage. :( I guess I thrive on chaos lol!

jenluckenbach
03-23-2005, 06:25 PM
well, I finally caught my breath from just READING about your day.....Good work!

rg_girlca
03-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Wow Jan, someone was obviously looking down on that mama.

Good thing is right, that you got her in time and that the unexpected mama started to have her babies, before you bolted out the door.

No rest for the weary eh Jan. Glad all the babies are doing well.

MULTICATMOM
03-23-2005, 08:11 PM
SPRING NEEDS TO GET THERE ALREADY!:eek:
BET YOU KEEP WARM WITH ALL THAT RACING AROUND!!:D :D at that frantic pace you keep:rolleyes:

QueenScoopalot
03-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by MULTICATMOM
SPRING NEEDS TO GET THERE ALREADY!:eek:
BET YOU KEEP WARM WITH ALL THAT RACING AROUND!!:D :D at that frantic pace you keep:rolleyes:
UH HUH!!! Winter's never over until it's over! :D OH!!! It still gets better! The same day Miss Surprise was trapped, I trapped (with Leslie) two more preggos in a nearby oh so lovely city! :rolleyes: Cat dumping grounds mind ya! Trapped them on Friday, and the biggie gal gave birth to...drum roll...FOUR TABBIES on Monday! Luckily both went to foster angel Larry's home! And that left me with Miss Surprise!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm telling you...it's THE YEAR OF THE TABBY! :D