PDA

View Full Version : Spa Weekend

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Since I mentioned the spa weekend we take every year, I thought I'd start on a thread on it and show you guys how much fun it is. It started out to be a girls only weekend, but we finally convinced Terry to join us....and now we can't get rid of him! ;) :p

So here are some pics - thank goodness I'm the picture taker in most pics. ;)

This is what we do most of the weekend - so wonderful! Left to right, Terry, my empty chair, my mom and my aunt (mom's sister).
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/pbcb1cec787fc9407570fa0638cb76e92/f4bbbb5a.jpg

There are also workout classes. I try to make sure I have a massage or facial scheduled during the toughest ones. ;) Here's Terry and my mom with Terry trying to figure out what the next move is. He's not familiar with aerobic type classes so he is so funny 'cause he's usually lost and goofing off. :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/p528aaa46798429b60a2ce7d01ad3fd20/f4bbbb66.jpg
Finally got the right move, looks like they're doing a final stretch.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/p8727e4f3872bd8d6265bb6b05e664be8/f4bbbb67.jpg

And of course there's always plenty to eat, and let me tell you, all that relaxing, massages, facials, pedicures, baths, etc really work up an appetite! :D Again from left to right, Terry, me, my mom, my aunt.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/p7b1cbc5b3fd1afae971200883b65b4c3/f4bbbb5e.jpg

And finally, we always go Easter weekend because then they're not so busy and the "in season" rates haven't kicked in yet. The place always has a huge Easter buffet and we were able to grab the Easter Bunny before he headed out to help the kids with the Easter Egg hunt.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/pa233097a1cb8621db8ccf4e40de55a92/f4bbbb62.jpg

It's such a wonderful, wonderful weekend, not only because of the massages and such, but because it's a nice get away and a chance to visit with my mom and my aunt. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-23-2005, 12:22 PM
That looks like a great weekend, Tracey!! I would love it to do that too :) ! You're so lucky that Terry likes it too; it is so much fun to be able to do things together hey! We are going to the Belgian coast for a week next week. I am so much looking forward to that too!!

Edwina's Secretary
03-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Do you go to one of the spas in Lake Geneva? I used to do that and LOVED it....however....I don't recall beer being on the menu:D :confused: :D ;)

Cinder & Smoke
03-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

It started out to be a girls only weekend,
but we finally convinced Terry to join us...

and now we can't get rid of him! ;) :p

:p

Till he Reads THIS post! :eek:

:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Do you go to one of the spas in Lake Geneva? I used to do that and LOVED it....however....I don't recall beer being on the menu:D :confused: :D ;)

Yes, it's the Abbey Resort and Fontana spa in Fontana which is just a little bit West of Lake Geneva. My mom, aunt and I used to get the spa meals but we decided they were too much food and too expensive - but Terry has always just ordered off the menu, and....well.....beer is on the menu! ;) :D

The Abbey is going through a complete renovation/rebuilding and we were informed that the spa is open this weekend, but the hotel is not ready for guests yet, so they are putting us up in one of the condos for no extra charge! 2 bedroom, 2 bath, hopefully within walking distance. This is usually the first trip of the year for us in the motorhome but since we got the condo Terry says the motorhome can stay home. ;) :D

Oh, and one of the things I really miss about not getting the spa meals is that dessert was included. I always got this fabulous Bananas Foster - supposedly made healthy. Boy was it yummy! :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Phred! Are you suggesting Terry might not be comfortable with the reputation of metroman????

jazzcat
03-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Wow, that looks so nice and relaxing. No wonder your mom is determined to keep that date.

My sister in law (brother's wife) in TX does that every year with her mom and sister. They drive up from Dallas to Hot Springs, AR. They love it. I was kind of like, Arkansas for a spa weekend? but then I heard all about it and was impressed.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Phred! Are you suggesting Terry might not be comfortable with the reputation of metroman???? :D :D
Notice how he's working out with his flip flops on? :rolleyes: ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
03-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Notice how he's working out with his flip flops on? :rolleyes: ;) :D

"Working Out" ??

Boy, he sure had you girls fooled! :p

:D

slick
03-23-2005, 01:44 PM
OK, that does it.....I'm booking a plane ticket and will arrive on Friday....dream on slick!! :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great way to spend some quality time with family. I wish my Mom was into something like that. BTW, you are a beautiful family! :) Terry just wants to hang out with some "hot chicks" ;) :D

Debbie, I've never seen your hair down before....looks very pretty....not that you are not pretty otherwise....or that...oh just shut up Slick before you stick the other foot in! :rolleyes: :D

ramanth
03-23-2005, 02:09 PM
What fun!! I've always wanted to spend a weekend at a spa and get pampered.

Some day! :D

shais_mom
03-24-2005, 12:40 AM
That really looks like fun Debbie!
And what a hoot that Terry comes! LOL

Killearn Kitties
03-24-2005, 08:25 AM
Looks wonderful! I hope you all have a great time.

kimlovescats
03-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Some people just "have it all"! :rolleyes: ;)

Have a great time for me too!!!

Hugs,
Kim

Barbara
03-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Wow Debbie, what a courageous man you have! Going to aerobic with the girls!

When it was Siegmar's birthday I asked him whether he wanted a party or whether he wanted to get away. Predictably he said he wanted to get away (boohoo, I am the one who loves parties ;)).

Next thing he said was: But don't come up with any wellness ideas:D :D :D