PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Poop watch *sigh*

Denyce
03-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Yes, for the next 24 to 72 hours we are doing the poop watch with Sequoia. My hubbster was playing silly running dog with her last night. They chase each other as fast as they can on carpet and linoleum through the kitchen and living room for about 15 to 20 minutes or so. Sequoia looks so cute because she tucks her body up real tight and just rips around the house as fast as she can while my hubby pretty much stands in the middle doing a silly dance waving his arms about and stomping. Periodically while she is flying by she jumps in the air and Brian will actually catch her in mid-air:eek: A 55 pound husky!

But last night while I was helping mom with a computer problem Sequoia found a cat toy while she was doing silly running dog. It was a small puff ball with pipe cleaner legs made to look like a spider. Well before Brian could catch her she swallowed it!:rolleyes: I phoned the vet and she feels that with Sequoia's size she should pass it fine but we have to be on the watch. So now we are doing the poop inspection looking for a black poof ball with legs....Oh what fun!!!:o

Denyce

robinh
03-23-2005, 12:01 PM
The things we do for our babies! :eek:

Take care of that sweetie! She sounds like a doll!

jennifert9
03-23-2005, 12:10 PM
I feel your pain! Been there, done that. The only thing I don't like about having a dog is the poop part and wouldn't you know, Duncan swallowed some burrs and sticks at the park and I was put on poop watch by the vet for a few days...Nothing like getting up close and personal and digging around in it...YUCK...
I hope everything comes out OK! (Sorry, couldn't resist! :p )

vinjashira
03-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9
I hope everything comes out OK! (Sorry, couldn't resist! :p )
er... what she said :D

pitc9
03-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Happy Hunting! :D

anna_66
03-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Oh what fun we have watching our dogs do their business:p :D

I've been there a time or two with mine!

LeahMM
03-23-2005, 05:11 PM
I am oh so familiar with that. My Aussie Bozy eats everything. I always know which pile is his as they are quite colorful.:rolleyes:

Kevin Farmer
03-23-2005, 05:53 PM
:p who among us not been there?....ever find anything you couldn't identify?:confused: :confused:

good luck!:p

Oggyflute
03-24-2005, 12:44 AM
:eek:

My response would be "Carole! you have to check their poo!"

I love my kids but fortunately theres some things that carole takes care of. Poop patrol bing one. :D

ramanth
03-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Oh my! :o

Around here, I go to clean up Kia's poop and will sometimes find it wrapped in fabric from a cat toy I didn't even know was missing!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Smilla
03-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Another fun poop-time activity I LOVE (yeah, right) is waiting around for Lefty to find the perfect spot to poop. He'll sniff around, then go halfway into a squat and decide he doesn't want to poop there. It drives me nuts when it's raining!

PJ's Mom
03-24-2005, 11:23 AM
My favorite finding in poo has been crayons. It makes the poo so pretty! :p :D

KateML
03-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Recently Wylie pooped out a long shoe lace which was not fun. poor little guy was whiny so I know it hurt.

IRescue452
03-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Have fun. This is how we decide which dog got into the garbage. Always my mom's. Pepper used to have a thing for crayons and poop inspection was rather entertaining:eek: .

kimlovescats
03-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Yikes, I'm sorry... but at least it isn't what I dealt with many moons ago!

My girls were both young, and we had a teeny tiny Yorkshire terrier pup. My youngest (about 4 at the time) had a small rubber ball in the living room, rolling it on the couch. No faster than I could get it out of my mouth to "be careful, and don't drop that, cause the puppy could swallow it" guess what happened? My little girl immediately dropped it, and Webster immediately decided to swallow it! I mean it was surreal how quickly it all happened. I was so astonished, that we searched the entire house, "just in case" it had rolled somewhere instead! Well, finally we had to go to an emergency vet clinic more than an hour away at 9:00 pm .... with two young girls who should have been in bed!:rolleyes: We had gone to a local ER vet first, but they didn't have a special retrieving tool! Sooo, we made the trek and the x-ray showed the ball inside Webster's tiny belly. He was kept overnight, the ball removed with the special instrument, and $300.00 later, we went home!:rolleyes:

Needless to say, with small children who constantly had barbie shoes and all kinds of small toys all over the floor, we found little Webster a home with one of our neighbors good friends. Happy but very costly ending!;)

Denyce
03-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Oh my goodness Kim...I definately feel calmer having a larger dog that will most likely pass it.

You should have seen the look on my husbands face last night. We got home after dark because of a surprise snow storm and they had to close the main road we were on. So when he was heading out to get Sequoia from her kennal I hollared at him to get the flashlight. He asked why because we have the driveway lights...I said...for poop patrol...I want to be sure you can really see what is in her poop. *LOL* He wasn't pleased but he did it.

Still no black spider...perhaps this evening.

Denyce