PDA

View Full Version : Share those battle scars

ramanth
03-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Yesterday I decided to trim the cat's claws. Yeah, you know where this is heading.... ;)

Zam complained but I got her trimmed.

Logan has been such a love bug lately that I figured I might be able to trim his.

I was able to get one claw trimmed.

Then he told me what he thought about that.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/pffa1f4b9cd4c95e27372bd5a4a5754a4/f4bbeb48.jpg

:eek: :rolleyes: :p

I am out of big bandages so I had three bandaids on this till the bleeding stopped.

This is not the worst battle scar I have, just the only one I have photo proof of.

The first time I was ever attacked by a cat was by Chance.

Who me?! :rolleyes:
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/cats/family_cats/chance.jpg

He was SUPPOSED to be fixed at 6 months of age, but the vets only removed the hernia he had at the time and forgot to neuter him. We paid for both procedures.

He was a great cat up to 5 years of age and one night he just went ballistic on the other cats in the house. I took him to my room to give him a time out.

I set him on the bed, he turned around and leapt at my face. I had thrown my arms up in an effort to protect my face.

I ended up with three long gashes from wrist to elbow on my right and left arms. Punture wounds on my forehead, lips and chin.

The only remaining visible scars are the ones hidden in my left eyebrow and one perfectly horizontal just above the bridge of my nose.

The doctors say I'm lucky I was wearing glasses. Had I not, I'd probably be blind in my left eye. Instead, his claws snagged on my glasses and knocked them off.

I've never seen so much blood. My sister said I looked like an actress in one of those B rated horror flicks. My face ended up becoming black and blue and many thought I'd either been in a car wreck or that my boyfriend had taken a bat to me. The gouges on my arm took longer to heal so many assumed I was suicidal.

I guess it does sound funny when you say you've been attacked by a cat.

Chance went to the vet the next day and because he was intact, he had a hormonal imbalance. He was kept there over the weekend for observation and promptly neutered. The vets were sorry. :rolleyes:

Aside from that I've received a few gouges across my chest from Logan (hence how he got his name...he's a little Wolverine that likes to use his claws ;) ), and that nasty bite he gave me that sent me to the hospital.

I've never been attacked by a dog or any other animal. Just cats.

But how can you stay mad at a face like this? :D
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/logan/logan_kiasbed_close.jpg

So, have any of you had nasty run ins with pets or other animals and do you still carry scars?

Be it cats, dogs, birds, ect... :)

PJ's Mom
03-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Ouch. :eek:

Now I hurt! :D

jennifert9
03-23-2005, 11:28 AM
WOW! Nothing quite like that has ever happened that I can think of....I do have a few scars on my hands from sticking them in the middle of dog fights! DUH!
My roommate had to have stitches when either Duncan or Jack bit her in the hand during one of their squabbles that we were trying to break up.
And of course, I have the bruises and scrapes from Duncan getting overexcited and jumping on me.
Before I started using the gentle leader, I got pulled down alot and had scraped knees and palms. And one time a sprained ankle!
And years ago, when I rode horses regularly, I fell off and was stepped and and bruised and banged up a lot....

moosmom
03-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Kimmy,

I feel your pain!!!

Here's my arm after NUMEROUS attempts to clip Eli's nails!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/p41ad04e06339e33e1defb7a3ff834957/f4bbcd3b.jpg

Yet, ANOTHER scar for life!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/pcfc01badd0c1b42451c1d9db407479bc/f4bbcc4d.jpg

And, last but not least, the imfamous pinky scar. Remember that one, Kimmy???? :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/pdeb307ac04b2a444a0eb2aa073195a45/f4bbcb61.jpg

Sorry the picture is not very good. But believe me, the pain is still VERY fresh in my mind!!!

jennifert9
03-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Oh, and I forgot...when I was a child I was bit by the same beagle, Joey, 3 times and had to go to the hospital each time. I still have the tooth shaped scar on my wrist from where he got me the last time...
He never bit anyone else, just me that I know of. He lived on the next street over but would get loose and if he saw me, forget about it! Came right over and bit me! I don't know why...we did have a cat at the time so that may have been it but he didn't bite my brother or sister?:confused: :confused:

catnapper
03-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Ok, bravely showing a photo taken when I was sick sick sick a few weeks ago. You can see the slashes on my cheeck from Pouncer's hind legs, and the newer slashes on my hand from the same brat (look just below the wedding ring, along the side of my palm... its hard to see but there). He slashed my face really bad around Thanksgiving and top scratch is really strong, the bottom one pretty faint now. I always get slashed when trying to trim his nails - the boy thinks he's a jack rabbit and kicks with his hind legs.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/meandabby.jpg

Hubby currently has searing red slashes across his entire belly (its a large belly too ;) ) from Allen. the scratches must be 12" long each.

PS: Abby loves to sit on my shoulder all the time, love that little girl!

slleipnir
03-23-2005, 11:42 AM
http://www.tainted-sky.net/stuff/DCP_2897.JPG
One from Kiba by accident o_O lol

Edwina's Secretary
03-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Funny you should mention this....I was just getting dressed and deciding how to explain the bruise next to my eye! I remember one of the E's whacking me...but somehow I can't remember which nor why....:confused: :confused:

I will, of course, tell people my husband did it....:rolleyes: :D

I have a cresent shaped scar on my face. When I was very young I was playing with a toy horse (Zorro's) and fell. The ear puntured my face. It probably should have been stitched but since, even then, it was doubtful my face would be my career, it wasn't. I have always enjoyed telling people I got it in a knife fight....so much better a story....:D

jazzcat
03-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Kimmy - OUCH!!!

I don't have pictures because I was too upset and hurt for that but a few weeks after we got Scout she slashed the end of my nose open. She was sitting by the scratching post in a dark room and I bent down to pet her and she jumped up on the post and sliced me. About three months later I was carrying her down the hall and walked into a dark room and she popped my eye and caught the inside of my lower eyelid with her claw. I was very lucky she didn't stick my eye. That hurt!

I have tons of old scars from Ripley, mostly on my legs. He used to attack me on a regular basis and it was very violent. He stopped after 10 years once I brought other cats in the house, thank goodness.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I have always enjoyed telling people I got it in a knife fight....so much better a story....:D Especially seeing as you're from Chicago! :D :D
I will, of course, tell people my husband did it.... Terry had a black eye for about a month after his nose surgery (skin cancer removed) and he, of course, told everyone that I did it! ;) :rolleyes: :D

Fortunately I have no battle scars....lately. When Tubby was a young 'un, he was a holy terror and my arms were constantly in shreds....from playing! I would have hated to see what he did if he was mad! :eek:

robinh
03-23-2005, 12:16 PM
The only battle scar I have was when my first foster, Bear bit me. It was on my left ring finger and was so bad I ended up with a serious infection. It took 14 days of antibiotics to cure it. After that, we started wearing leather gloves to handle him. He's gone to the RB now. He had a serious neurological problem that couldn't be helped. Poor baby.

Mine have accidentally got me as they use me for a highway, but those are generally minor. Somehow where ever they are going when they want to run is on the other side of me. Strange how that happens - :confused:

cali
03-23-2005, 12:18 PM
lol I come to school so often with my neck or shoulder, or feet banaged that people must think I am abused lol in fact I have a bandage on my shoulder right now, I have no clue what happendbut my bra strap was rubbing my should and it hurt like a b*tch so I moved my shirt and bra to look and there are 3 long scratches simlier to the one you got on your hand goinf down my neck and shoulder, no wonder it hurt so much! lol I also have a small scar on the bottom of my thumb because Kari was in a bad mood and bit me lol I came to school once with a big bandage on my neck people asked what happend, well in the van the dogs got exited when they saw another dog jumped on my shoulder and left 2 gashes on my neck lol I still have a scar on my foot from a few weeks ago, Happys pads are super rough, I like then tuff but her pads are so rough it ridiculous, all she did was walk over my foot and left a bleeding gash, since then I have started putting moisterizer on her feet lol I almost always have at least one bandage on somewhere lol with that or a huge bruise on my arm from my friends ex punching me(it was all in fun but he hit the same spot twice lol) 3 enormous bruises on my legs from falling through my friends deck, another anourmous bruise on my thigh from a canoe coarse when we had to fall out of the boat and my leg wacked the side lol you get the picture, its never anything real serious but I swear there must be people who think I am abused and just hiding it by saying my dogs or rabbit did it lol

ramanth
03-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Yeeks! Those are some stories everyone.

And Donna... I remember that day quite well. I'm surprised Andy didn't faint! :eek: ;)

joanofark
03-23-2005, 02:11 PM
When I was about six I was walking around in a pet store with my dad. I saw all these other kids picking up this white, fluffy, cat, he looked really annoyed BTW;). They put him down after a while and I went over there and crouched down next to him and started petting him from his head to is tail. By the time I got to the middle of his back he thought I was going to pick him up (because my hand was near his belly). He went up on his hind legs and started slashing the inside of my arms! :eek: I stood up and he was *HANGING ON* to my skin!
We got him off eventually and my arms were covered of scratches! Thankfully, I have no scars from it. After that I hated cats until I was 9 or 10. But when I got my RB cat Necko, that changed. :p

I guess I learned my lesson: Never mess with an angry cat. :rolleyes:

Lexi_Lover
03-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Ok well, Lexi turned against me once. I was playing as if I would any other time, nicely and not rough. She decided to run to the back of the room, from there she turned around with this *evil* glare in her eye and came racing at me!! :eek:
Yup well, the end came down to this, a HUGE it mark, a lot of serious scratches and a dog with a TUCKED tail! LOL, she knew she did something bad!

Sorry, no pics! :p

janelle
03-23-2005, 02:45 PM
I have to be careful with my miniture cat Chianti. She is so tiny she startles easily. Has to protect herself you know. I had her on my lap and she heard a noise or something. She startled and jumped down real fast and ran. I ended up with a gash on my leg.

But my sister got a black eye from her grandson. He was siting on her lap and decided to throw his head back. Got her right in the eye.

The periles of kids and furbabies. LOL :rolleyes:

zippy-kat
03-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Dogs
I've been bitten by two dogs: 1 a schnauzer I was dogsitting, 1 a shepherd mix I was trying to rescue.

Cats
I have several scars on my feet/ankles from my first cat, Tom. I used to wear the low-cut socks with pom-poms attached at the heels (ah the joys of kiddie footwear lol). Well, Tom had a fetish for pom-poms... you can guess the rest! lol

The only actual cat attack I've had was from my grandpa's cat, Midnight. She is AWFULLY nasty.

Birds
I've had two parakeets that would bite repeatedly (my attack birds lol)!
Geese... ack!... though I have yet to be attacked, geese have a natural affinity for me... which would be fine except that they scare me! lol :eek: :o

Hammies
Yes, laugh it up ;) ... my friend had a CRANKY hammie who took a pinch outta me. lol

Horses
Uhh... two broken wrists, a broken elbow, and a broken collarbone speak for themselves! (Not at the same time and not by the same horse.)
Knock on wood, I've never been kicked - just can't stay on when riding bareback or when they buck. lol
I was nipped once - would've been *bit* had I not moved in time.

sandragonfly
03-23-2005, 05:56 PM
stories: *yikes* espeically zippy-kat's horses!

my cats often would growl gently before they're starting to get annoyed if I pet, pet and pet.. they're tooo sweet! :D

but I have a story of being bitten by baby raccoon. (you know those needle-teeths)... the scars around thumb are fading..that was two years ago where I depressedly sat outside on the front of my friend's porch, watching all 15-20 UNfixed strays munching human food my friend threw out :mad: and while thinking about what to DO with them because I live 200 miles away from my friend's...to DO something my friend wouldn't do, she has had doing this for two months. :mad: anyway when I had my hands in the back of me, leaning on cement, relaxing.. a fur just came to touch my left hand, I thought BEFORE looking around "oh a tame feral...*turning head, lifti....BIT* it took me A WHILE to realize his/her teeth stuck inside my thumb until I tried to back off with lifting my hand up into air but he was just hanging along with my thumb. by then, I knew I had to GRAB his back of neck and pressured his head to my thumb, he let it go! I walked backwards up the stairs as fast as I can but I tripped! :rolleyes: I turned around, still in shock...entering the house... "are you okay??? looks like you have seen a ghost.. hey are you ok???" *shaking me* I remembered what my friend said but I don't remember if I was conucious enough to say something! right there, I just feel like THROWING UP. I ran to bathroom, just a second I bend down on my knees, I BLACKED OUT.

next thing I woke up, I found myself in hospital... doctor said I just reacted to the allergy of the "bites".... :confused: interesting...

RICHARD
03-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
Chance went to the vet the next day and because he was intact, he had a hormonal imbalance. He was kept there over the weekend for observation and promptly neutered.
I amazed he had the b@lls to do that to you!!!!

(sorry, that was a bad joke......):eek:

4 Dog Mother
03-23-2005, 06:45 PM
When I was in junior high, we had a poodle that came to live with us when he was about 5. He didn't like to get trimmed so they gave him something - anyway that night he was asleep on my sister's bed and I went to pet him. I don't know what he thought was happening but he bit clear through my the palm of my hand. I still have two very small scars on the palm side but the other side can't be seen anymore.

And Oreo has always been a little tempermental and I have been bitten by her several times. (You don't MAKE her do anything and if you lift her even to help her in the car you can get bit.). Pippi has bit me twice - both times protecting me from the other dogs (once Oreo and once she thought Taggert was trying to get me but he was really after her rawhide that was sitting next to us).

I also was "attacked" by a pelican at some bird reserve in Florida. We were walking by some and all of a sudden, one had his beak wrapped around my leg. It didn't hurt but we had Christy with us at the time and she wouldn't walk by any of the pelicans with us after that.

Suki Wingy
03-23-2005, 07:22 PM
no pics, but when I am playing with NiƱo in the back yard with a big stick, he usually jumps up and gives me a few good scratches.

Jods
03-23-2005, 08:35 PM
When I was younger I had a cat named Zepher she was my baby gurl a longhaired all black kitty she was a rescue my parents found in a garbage can when I was a baby and she ended up being mine. Well Zepher sleeped on my bed everynight up until she went to the RB :( We rescued this other kitten when I was about 10/11?? And it wanted to sleep at my feet her name was baby boo anyways one night Boo got up and came towards my face and Zepher went to slash her I got in the way and my upper lip got slashed I had a fat lip and lots of blood everywhere I still have a tiny scar camera probably won't pick it up, but its there and I like it actually. Yeah I'm wierd but its my reminder of my childhood kitty Zepher :)

tortuga55
03-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Sandy jumped out of my arms once and left a scratch right across my wrist. There is a scar there now. The only one I have, and it looks like I atempted suicide. I think its cool. I proptly cut her nails though. The best way to do it is to put them on the floor and sit on them (without sitting on them) and bend their paw back so they can not see what you are doing. It is also harder for them to scratch you cause they are pinned, and one paw is behind them. You still have to be carefull, but Sandy is calmer if she can not see me cutting her nails, or hear them being cliped. I talk to cover up the sound. I use people nail clipers to cut the cats and ferrets nails.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-24-2005, 04:24 AM
Ouch! That looks like it hurts.

I always have scratches on my arms, legs, and chest. Drake and I wrestle a lot and they are accidental war wounds :D I also always have bruises on my feet coz Drake will jump or do something and land on my foot. Those claws!

Been bit once by a GSD when I was a kid. It had me terrified of dogs most of my life until we got Drake.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-24-2005, 05:12 AM
I always have scratches somewhere, made by Inka!! That lil girl is such a devil :eek: :D ! One moment she is purring, next minute she hits you!!

ook, she did this this morning, afetr begging for a belly-rub :rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mayinka/hand.jpg

Who... ME ???
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mayinka/fashion1.jpg

ramanth
03-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Great, yet painful sounding ;), stories everyone!

Richard... ha!! I'm surprised too. :D

Lut, is that a pot holder on Inka's head!? It's cute! LOL!

She looks much to sweet to have done that to your hand. ;)

janelle
03-25-2005, 02:01 AM
My Simon would do that but I broke him of it. If he was sleeping next to me and I wanted to pet him he would bite my hand. I would say in a stern voice. SIMON, NOOOOOOO, NAUGHTY KITTY, DON'T YOU DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!! Then I would leave him alone for awhile and do it again. He caught on and if he doesn't want me to pet him he will act like he is starting to bite me but it's just a fake-out. Sometimes he will lick me. LOL I always praise him when he does that.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-25-2005, 02:13 AM
Lut, is that a pot holder on Inka's head!? It's cute! LOL!

No no, lol, it is a cat-hat!
Here is Maya wearing the same hat!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mayinka/fashion4.jpg

Barbara
03-25-2005, 04:23 AM
I have lots of tiny scars on the shoulders and upper arms because Filou always jumps on after I come from the shower and I am not always quick enough to grab a towel:D

Siegmar usually has the big bruises because he plays with Tigris tug-o'-war with mousies and Tigris is a bad loser:D

Rio and Me
03-25-2005, 07:16 AM
Ahh yes the darling kittie attacks, I'm not that much of a cat person but had them when i was younger.
But i'm a dog groomer, and we do cats as well, well a few niks here and there, but about six months ago this one cat from hell, it leap for me unprevoked and got my arms real good, the scars are still there but to faint for the camara to pick up, the took months to heal, and after all the "do you selve harm crap" i thought thank god you can barley see them, till bam another one right on the same arm ive got to pics as the are now (this attack was 5 months ago) i think i might have a healing problem as well.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/Rio_and_me/Rio2015.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/Rio_and_me/Rio2016.jpg

And so the selve harming thing continues and the laughter, that a cat beat me.

Ky

ramanth
03-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Lut, what a cute cat hat! :D Maya and Inka wear it well. :D

Ky, I know what you mean!

DJFyrewolf36
03-25-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't have photo proof of this but it was most assuredly the worst battle I've ever delt with!!

My mom's cockatoo, Angus decided one day that he did NOT like me at all!! As I was walking by my moms room he leapt off his cage and sunk his feet into my arm and bit THROUGH a part of my arm *his beak was touching inside my skin*

I was bleeding really bad and mom had to pull Angus off me!

I tell you what, that bird still hates my guts :( sigh...and I still have scars!

janelle
03-26-2005, 12:21 AM
LOL I was holding Simon and started to fall forward with him. At first he started to bite me cause it hurt him, I was holding onto him so tight.

I guess he saw the look in my eye like I can't help this so please help me. He didn't bite hard and let up so I think he knew I wasn't trying to be mean to him. He is so smart. I'm sure it hurt him but he knew I couldn't help it.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-26-2005, 07:49 AM
I have more battle scars then I can list, here are some

-I have a cat scratch scar on my hand from a persian I was grooming about 6 months ago.
-I have a scar from Wyatt, my prairie dog. He bit me last summer after one of the hurricanes, it was hot and dark as we had no power and we were both very stressed out.
-I have a few squirrel scratch scars on my both my hands from a squirrel I raised 4 years ago. Luckily they are very light scars and not too noticeable.
-I have a scar on my left arm from being bit by a bird at work.
- I have a light scar by my left elbow from an african grey at work.
-I have a light scar on my ankle from a bishon who bit me at work
- and I have probably a dozen or so cat scratch scars on my arms and shoulders
-I also have a big long scar that runs down the back of my leg from a few years ago, luckily it has faded greatly. From the same day I have a bad scar on the side of my right breast. There had been a bad wind storm a few years ago and it blew down a lot of tree branches. My neighbor was on vacation so Justin and I went over to clean up her yard. There was a huge tree branch (a log really) that we underestimated the size of. We both were going to pick up an end and carry it to the road for the yard pick up men to take. We both managed to pick up an end, but it was to heavy to carry to the road. Justin said for my to set my end down first, so I did. I stepped aside as he set his end down, but he dropped it before he got it all the way to the ground. The big branch was bowed and as his end was dropped my end came up knocking me on the side of my breast and tearing down my side and back of my leg, ripping my jeans. I was very woozy and Justin had to carry me back home.

ramanth
03-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Kari, eek!! That had to hurt. :(

LauraT7
03-28-2005, 05:24 PM
I can't think of any time MY pets have hurt me - Except for the dogs always having to walk on MY bare feet with their big claws!

But we decided to foster for Golden Rescue once, and the golden we had was beautiful! unfortunately, he had also been in 6 or 7 homes in his short 2 yrs of life, and had been abused differently in each one. One kicked him, one refused food and water so the puppy wouldn't 'go' on the floor during the day, one shook him by the collar, one hit or threw him, and so on...

Two of his major problems were that he was very possesive of soft/cloth toys ( so we made sure he had none!) and that he was very collar shy - he hated to have anyone touch his collar. He was young, and he had never bonded with a human - he wanted to be 'alpha' in every situation. Our 15 yr old golden had recently died, and we had no other pets.

We had only had him a week, and in that time he had snapped at me, and actually nipped my son and my mom. Both over taking away a piece of cloth - the corner of a quilt he chewed, and a sock. One night he got up on my bed, and was challenging me. I commanded him 'Off', and He didn't want to go. it was a warm spring night, and I was wearing a sleeveless nightgown. I couldn't grab his collar, as i knew it would scare him and make him more aggressive - so I pulled up the covers on the other side of the bed and tried to 'dump' him off. it did force him to jump off, but he still wanted to 'win' and started jumping on me and gnawing on my arms. He never broke the skin, but he 'chewed' all up and down my bare arms. I managed to grab a pillow to put between us - shoved it in his face and backed him into the bathroom and shut the door.

After being lokcked in the bathroom for an hour or so - he had callmed down and was fine - but my arms were a mess of black and blue and broken blood vessels from my biceps to my fingertips. I had scratches thru my nightgown on my hips from him jumping on me and gouging me with his claws.

He went back to rescue a few days later - I could not trust him in a house with grade school kids & my son. (luckily, they DID find a no-child home for him that spent a year working on his behavior problems and fears - Guiness never became a great 'social' dog, but he did find a loving and SAFE home)

The only other time I was seriously injured by and animal was by a parrot in a pet store!

We used to visit this local pet store all the time where the owner hand-raised birds. There was a parrott there that was young, but very friendly. The owners knew us, and we were in there one day, and the parrot had been 'riding' my son around the store - on his shoulders and head - and I came up to say hello. the parrot walked off Jon and onto me, took some seeds from me, walked my shoulders, sat on my arm - talked to us. he was very friendly and content. However, it got to be time for us to go - so I got him on my hand to transfer him back to his perch. I think he REALLY didn't want us to go! he didn't want to get off my hand, and when I DID get him on the perch, he grabbed my index finger with his beak! Parrots have VERY strong beaks, and he had me really tight- right by the knuckle with the sharp points of his beak! I knew if i pulled away, he'd tear skin and hurt me more, but he had grabbed right by the veins that run on either side of the knuckle and my finger was turning purple! Man, it HURT!!! like someone trying to cut my finger off with a dull knife! The store owner came running over, and somehow, got the bird to let go. there wasn't much broken skin - mostly scrapes from where he'd tried to use his claws to climb BACK on my hand - but i had this deep, deep 'dent' on each side of my knuckle and my finger swelled up to about twice it's normal size! he broke a few blood vessels in the finger and it was very interesting purple/ blue for weeks.

We went back to the store a number of times, and the bird had always been friendly before and after - in fact, he was 'friendly' then - he just really, REALLY did not want us to go, i think!

After that, i would pet him - but we never again let him 'ride' us around the store - i was always a little afraid of what might happen if he decided to grab something like a nose or ear! OOOOWWWWIIIIEEEEE!

Laura

K9soul
03-28-2005, 06:08 PM
I don't have too many animal-inflicted wounds in my past, other than the fat lips Willie used to frequently give me by exuberantly "giving" me his paw as I knelt down to give him attention, usually ended up getting socked in the face with his paw :p. I did get one from Tasha about a year ago. I was holding/throwing sticks and she was leaping to grab them. I was trying to get pictures of her jumping. Well I wasn't paying close enough attention and was holding a stick with my thumb along the edge, and Tash jumped the gun to leap and grab it before I threw it, chomping right down on my thumb at the nailbed. Pain? I think I saw stars and had leaking eyes for the moment until it went numb. Holy mackerel it hurt! I'm not sure why I snapped a pic of it when I went in. Perhaps to serve as a reminder to myself to not be so foolish in the future :p. It took many months before my nail looked normal again. It may not look like a lot, but I can tell you it was quite painful :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Misc/thumb.jpg

cookieluver7
03-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Ouch! I've never been "attacked" but definatly scratched every now and then.

sandragonfly
04-04-2005, 01:51 PM
until just recently... :rolleyes: just a few days ago, I decided to spoil EVERY cat (13 cats) a chewy beef stick (puppy size into half) -- I DO have two hands, but not four eyes..the right one was somewhere in the air while I looked on the left to make sure the one "who haven't got one yet" then there goes a *YEOOW!* it was my SWEET fluffy who thought my thumb STILL was a beefy :rolleyes: - he felt bad and ran out of the room. poor little boy.

I photoshoped, circling the three bite marks in white line - it's hard to see --
http://tinypic.com/2l19c9

with no time running to bathroom sink, I had to let the blood drippings on sandals instead of getting blood stains! :eek:
http://tinypic.com/2l19hs
yes that was a lotta from mini-marks!

cali
04-04-2005, 02:13 PM
my newest I got ac ouple days ago, my I was playing with my friends golden, Dakota. well dakota jumped up and his front claw hooked my upper gum, it hurts like a b*tch lol

ramanth
04-04-2005, 02:28 PM
GINA!! :eek: :eek: :eek: *faints*

Why is it that the small cuts/bites bleed the most?!

sandragonfly
04-04-2005, 02:32 PM
GINA!! :eek: :eek: :eek: *faints*

Why is it that the small cuts/bites bleed the most?!

it WENT THROUGH! it kinda stuck in and when I pull my hand back, I could feel a pop and his head dragged by my thumb a LITTLE BIT.

RICHARD
04-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.

I photoshoped, circling the three bite marks in white line - it's hard to see --
http://tinypic.com/2l19c9

with no time running to bathroom sink, I had to let the blood drippings on sandals instead of getting blood stains! :eek:
http://tinypic.com/2l19hs

I've seen it all know......PT SNUFF FILMS!!!!:eek:

RICHARD
04-04-2005, 06:20 PM
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33100&highlight=medal+cats

Time to dust off the awards.............:eek:

sandragonfly
04-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Time to dust off the awards.............:eek:

lol. what do I get??? :D one..two...three?! hey, there was three marks.... :( oh my godness, it went THROUGH! it snapped off when I pulled my thumb off ..eesh.

RICHARD
04-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
lol. what do I get??? :D one..two...three?! hey, there was three marks.... :( oh my godness, it went THROUGH! it snapped off when I pulled my thumb off ..eesh.

CAN WE START YOU OFF WITH A PINT OF BLOOD????:eek:

FOUR, YOU GET FOUR!!!:D