PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened....

clara4457
03-23-2005, 05:33 AM
yesterday on my way to Pennsylvania for a meeting.

As I was driving down I-79, my car went clunkity - clunkity - clunk. As I pulled over with white smoke billowing out from under my hood and saw the trail of oil the last 30 feet my car traveled, I knew I was in trouble. After a tow to the nearest town of Meadville - it was determined that my car was beyond hope and a decision was made to put it out of it's misery and send it to the Battery Bridge. A rod blew and put a hole in my engine and made it impossible for me to justify keeping it in pain any longer. My 96 Geo Prism is now at the bridge waiting for me - free of pain and running like the new car it once was.

Well - being a lover of all things bright and mechanical, I adopted a new shiny Kia Sportage to add to my family. Although I will miss my little Prism, I knew there was just too much space in my driveway to not fill it with a new family member.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

zippy-kat
03-23-2005, 07:46 AM
:D Cute post! congrats!

And now the infamous question for all newly adopteds... "Where's the pics?!" ;)

LKPike
03-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
:D Cute post! congrats!

And now the infamous question for all newly adopteds... "Where's the pics?!" ;)

I was just about to say, wheres the pics! :p:p:p

moosmom
03-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Sorry about the Clinkity Clunk, but congrats on the new set of wheels!!! I've got a 2001 Kia Sephia and really like it. Once I pay it off I want to trade it in for a Sportage as well.

Please let me know how you like it!

catnapper
03-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Sorry for the loss of your Prism, congrats on your new addition! :D

davidpizzica
03-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Clara4457, I'm awaiting the autopsy report on my '94 cutlass surpreme. I was in an accident last sunday night and on friday I have it appraised. It's possible that your Prizm and my cutlass could be together at the automobile RB!

ramanth
03-23-2005, 01:09 PM
:D :D

RIP Prism.

LeahMM
03-23-2005, 01:13 PM
:( RIP Prism. But congrats on your new addition.:D

RICHARD
03-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by clara4457

Although I will miss my little Prism, I knew there was just too much space in my driveway to not fill it with a new family member.

You COULD have parked it on a hill and coasted where you wanted to go....:confused:

schteve_d
03-23-2005, 10:25 PM
"Welcome to 'da swamp..........IIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Boy, I hope you've seen that commercial or I look really silly now!:D

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Congrats! My family also has a Sportage:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Cute story. :D

On a similar note, Terry has 317,000 miles on his '97 Oldsmobile LSS. He is planning on retiring next year so we were hoping the car would last until then. Yesterday he admitted that he thinks it's time to trade her in. It needs some work - probably about $1,500.00 by the time all is said and done - and he could get a newer LSS, with way less miles for between $3,000 - $4,000, which is just a little more than twice what it would cost to repair the old one...and with the old one, you stick that money into it and you just never know when/if something else is going to go wrong. So he's going to look at two "new" ones today. Last night as we were talking before falling asleep he admitted that he hates to give up the old one. It's been a good "friend" for lots of years and many many many miles - it had about 35,000 miles on when he bought it. That car has been to more states than most people will visit in their lifetimes. It has seen every kind of weather one can imagine. It has always started and has never left him stranded. It's been a good car, but I told him it was tired and needed a rest. I don't know if I'll come home to a different car in the driveway tonight or not.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by schteve_d
"Welcome to 'da swamp..........IIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Boy, I hope you've seen that commercial or I look really silly now!:D

I loved that commercial and wanted a Sportage ever since! :D

Logan
03-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Clara, thanks for the levity this morning! Hehehe!!! :) Enjoy your new wheels!!

RIP Prism.