PDA

View Full Version : Sick?

PJ's Mom
03-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Is anyone else here sick? I brought a nasty cold back from Vegas and I'm sick of being sick! :eek:

We can sit here and be sick together. :D

Oggyflute
03-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Sorry mate, relatively healthy here.:) Though I do reccomend a hot toddy. Something with lemon & honey in it, (take your pick of scotch or brandy:) )

vinjashira
03-23-2005, 03:08 AM
get well soon PJ's Mom!

robinh
03-23-2005, 07:33 AM
So funny you should ask. Dick has had a cold for a month or better. Guess who came down with it this week? Me!

And we're going to Vegas this Friday. I don't want to be sick in Vegas!

BTW, how was the weather out there?

chrissycat21
03-23-2005, 08:15 AM
I'm not sick anymore, but last week I had the stomach flu. And now my dad has it.

Get well soon!

LKPike
03-23-2005, 08:39 AM
your definatly not alone if you count everyone in this household. our furbaby Jillian had 2 grand mal seizures couple weeks ago, diagnosed with Epilepsy.
Her brother Frankie a week later comes up with a blood cyst, and a week after that he gets another urinary infection.
2 weeks ago I got a swollen throat, sinus problems, and stomach problems (( should I continue to list all this or is this enough yet?)) :rolleyes:

Finally I'm better now all except sinus problems still. Frankies blood cyst is pretty much taking care of itself, and hes on medication for the urinary problem. Jillians on pheno and doing much better :)

In the end... I'd *MUCH* rather have a little cold than all this sickness in our house lately :p:p:p

PJ's Mom
03-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Robin, the weather in Vegas was great last week. Highs in the upper 60's and lows in the low 50's. It was sunny and breezy. Where are you staying?

I'm sorry to hear about Jillian and Frankie. And thanks for reminding me that it could be worse. ;) Thank goodness my babies (skin and fur) are all healthy. I hope you and your babies get some relief from all that sickness and stress. :eek:

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I'm feeling a little better today! :D

catnapper
03-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Not sick, but hubby is, and I get to suffer because... well.... we all know how pathetic a sick man can be! :D

Sorry to hear that you've got a cold. Those springtime colds can be the worst!

Samantha Puppy
03-23-2005, 09:27 AM
I am. I've got a stuffy nose, swollen throat (doesn't actually hurt, it's just very swollen) and my head feels like it's going to explode. :(

robinh
03-23-2005, 10:19 AM
We're staying at the Stratosphere. Got the best price there. One sister is getting married at the Little White Chapel on the Strip!?! So all of us (3 sisters & SO's from Iowa) are flying in on Friday night and back on Monday morning - very short trip.

I hope Jillian and Frankie get better soon. Give them smoochies for me. I'm grateful that my furkids are staying reasonably well. Max has the bacterial/fungal infection, but we're working on that.

And I also hope everyone that has the cold gets well soon. Only thing I've heard is get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids. It seems to hang on forever. :(

luvofallhorses
03-23-2005, 10:27 AM
I was sick yesterday. Not with a cold but I took my medicine on an empty stomach my mom told me to go to school and if I did get sick to call her. Well I did because my stomach felt worse. I came home and slept and she made me some chicken noodle soup & I drank some cranberry juice. Apparently, it didn't agree with me because next thing I knew I was throwing up. I finally got to eat a little bit of vanilla ice cream to take my medication. I do feel better today but I have a little heartburn. I hope you feel better soon PJ's Mom! :)

Corinna
03-23-2005, 10:29 AM
No cold but twisted on some ice on Saturday and still feeling it. I have to start work on Monday.

PJ's Mom
03-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by robinh
We're staying at the Stratosphere. Got the best price there. One sister is getting married at the Little White Chapel on the Strip!?! So all of us (3 sisters & SO's from Iowa) are flying in on Friday night and back on Monday morning - very short trip.

Oh how fun! :) We saw a couple of weddings while we were there.
We stayed at the Mirage but visited the Stratosphere. It's great! :D

Have you ever been to Vegas? It's so much fun and I am so ready to go back. :D

I hope you have a great time. :)

robinh
03-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks! The last time I was there was about 7 years ago when we went to celebrate my oldest sisters' 50th birthday. We had a blast. We had a picture taken under the Glitter Gulch girls sign downtown and that's the one thing we do plan to do this weekend. What wierd traditions we have.

Love Vegas - have even considered moving to Nevada. Not for the gambling, but for the weather.