PDA

View Full Version : What 'famous' people have you seen/ran in to?

sammy101
03-22-2005, 07:44 PM
I have seen a few famous people//:D

Andy Roddick-
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/tennis/specials/us_open/2004/09/05/bc.ten.usopen.ap/tx_roddick1_ap.jpg

Carpenter guy from 'While you were out?"i saw him at the airport:p -
http://a984.g.akamaitech.net/7/984/34/d383314ef77482/tlc.discovery.com/fansites/wywo/episode/episode22/gallery/gallery_2.jpg

Nickelback-
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/nhl/2001/1218/photo/nickelback_i.jpg

Shakira-
http://www.poster.net/shakira/shakira-belt-6500003.jpg

Kobe Bryant-
http://www.kobenet.de/bilder/finals2002/trikots/kobe_bravesjersey.jpg

i think i've seen other people,i cant think of them right now:o :p

catnapper
03-22-2005, 07:47 PM
I don't know anybody really famous. I knew Bill White until his death a few years ago (The President of the Baseball something or other --- yeah yeah I know!) Can you tell I am not into sprots? :p

I met Sophia Loren, Lauren Bacall, and did a Aids Walk with some major singer, and had no cue who he was until it was over and asked some people why everyone was making such a big deal out of the guy. Forget hs name now, but he was really nice.

I saw a few others in concert... does that count? I was withing sweat-spilling distance of Harry Connick Junior! *swoon*

gosh, I feel old with my list of celebrities!

wolfsoul
03-22-2005, 07:51 PM
I never meet famous people lol. Sometimes I see Arnold Scwartzenegger (sp?), because he loves Kelowna and comes here all the time. I'm related to Micheal J. Fox by marriage but I've never met him. I do meet lots of hockey players.

cali
03-22-2005, 07:58 PM
uhh Will Dixon? lol he is a movie director my film teacher is friends with, he came to my class for a visit in grade 10 I think, and his daughter goes to my school. :p

Kfamr
03-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Do you mean seen as in saw in concert, or have actually spoken to?

I met a few of the guys from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Hulk Hogan, and numerous people in concert.

sammy101
03-22-2005, 08:05 PM
I just mean in general,like did you see them walking on the street,airport,if you've seen them in concer,etc.and if you met them,too.:)

green_chameleon_girl
03-22-2005, 08:08 PM
just Kisha Chante(sp?) I saw her walking around the mall here

GoldenRetrLuver
03-22-2005, 08:10 PM
I can't think of any people that *I've* personally met/seen other then at sporting events, concerts, etc.

My dad, however, because of his job, has met quite a few 'famous people', including the host of "Fear Factor" and the owner of Panda Express (Chinese food restaurant).

Uabassoon
03-22-2005, 08:12 PM
I've seen a bunch of people in concert. As for actually meeting someone famous, I've met Tom Skerrit before. He was filming in Tucson and would come into the Starbucks I work at every morning.

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/mgm/hannibal/tom_skerritt/hannibalpre.jpg

micki76
03-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I was withing sweat-spilling distance of Harry Connick Junior! *swoon*

LUCKY!! *swoons* too!

I met Tom Cruise once, years ago when he was filming a movie near Dallas. What a major disappointment. He was a real jerk! :eek:

I've also met John Wayne's son, Patrick. Had lunch with him with my boss. He was nice. :)

Can't think of any others.

Karen
03-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Besides all the Pet Talkers I've met, who would be considered famous here, I have met:

Mike Dukakis (before and after his Presidential bid)
Bill Clinton (got to shake his hand, he was the most sunburned person I've ever seen that day)
George Lucas (got to go to Skywalker Ranch, we have a picture of Paul and I posing with him)
Jesse Jackson
and many authors, including:
Isaac Asimov - (ran into him in a hallway at an SF convention)
Orson Scott Card
Tami Hoag
John Lithgow
Clive Barker
Neil Gaiman

and, the most exciting (I literally jumped up and down with glee after the photo) you have to go to http://KarenWatts.com to see!

jazzcat
03-22-2005, 08:34 PM
When I worked at Children's Hospital as a public relations intern I got to take Al Gore on a tour of the hospital (along with several other people) when he came in to tape commercial for the upcoming telethon. That was back in 1990 when he was still fairly normal.

I saw several country music stars out and about when I lived in Nashville. Probably the most famous was three of the four Alabama guys. They were walking out of Dillards in the mall - kind of weird, no big hoopla or anything. I ran up to one and said "I know who you are" and he just put his finger to his mouth and said "shhh". LOL!

I walked past Ivana Trump in Disney World and didn't realize it till I had past her.

Alex Haley, the author of "Roots" ate in the booth beside me at Shoney's here in Knoxville. I spoke to him as I was leaving, very nice man. He lived here and it was just before he died.

Last year I went to DC and got to take tour of Air Force One and sit in the President's desk chair, does that count for anything?

I know there are more.

CamCamPup33
03-22-2005, 08:35 PM
I've seen Kelly Rippa at Disney, and The dad from The fresh prince..... I've seen tons more but those are the only that pop into mind..

AmberLee
03-22-2005, 08:48 PM
You know, at this moment I'm drawing a blank, except for performers I've 'met' in concert... Hmmm, Joan Baez's father is a famous physicist and he guest lectured at my school once. Close enough?

But my mother once briefly was on contract with RKO (a studio which was a rival of Paramount and Universal and the like way back when) for the movie "Clash by Night" with Marilyn Monroe, Barbara Stanwyck and some other stars that aren't so famous now. Mom enjoys talking about what a sweet woman Marilyn was. It was made back in the early 50s. Mom never made it to the big screen, but if you see the movie (and the scene isn't cut) my uncle is the little kid rolling the big tire that gets kicked by one of the male stars early in the show (first 5 minutes?) and my aunt was the little girl on the porch (possibly the same scene, I forget). It looks like she's cuddling a kitten, but it's really a pet rabbit. It's kind of odd for me to see my aunt and uncle as youngsters long before I was born.

Karen, I'd be jumping up and down with excitement, too, had I met him. Congrats!

Corinna
03-22-2005, 08:56 PM
I have met all the Sheen boys (i worked at the Whitefish mall and they all shopped in my store) M y hubby worked on Emilos house. along with Bruce springsteens manager.
I met Lea Thompson , all the Blue angel fiyers, and John Lithgow whn I work at the airport. Drew Bledsoe had my son deliver the new beds to his ranch and he met the who team (idon't know what team not intop sports either)
Last summer I met Yoko Ohno and her grand daughter they have a place in the park.
Lots of the stars live or have places here becouse they can fly in and out with out alot of fuss.

I'm so jealous TOM SKEERIT he is so sexy!!!!!!!ok I'm old----er

catnapper
03-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by micki76
LUCKY!! *swoons* too!
Yeah, a friend had tickets to one of his concerts. When people found out that he was playing only his Jazz selections and not his "crooning" stuff they left. People were sooo rude and left one by one when they decided they didn't want to watch jazz. Security came up to us in our far far away seats and asked if we'd like to follow them to closer seats we said YES! Little did we know they'd put us front row, center! What a night. I went out and bought one of his Jazz CDs the next day. This was years ago, at the height of his crooning popularity. I think his jazz is BETTER than his crooning. You can tell its what is closest to his heart, his passion.

NoahsMommy
03-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Hmmm, I've probably seen more than I know about...I never recognize anyone! David's always saying, "Did you see that guy/girl? He/She was in that one movie/show!"

I've met Pauly Shore, seen Pierce Brosman, Heather Locklier locally. I've seen many celebs at the Laker games too.

I'm not really into stars. I don't understand the facination with people on TV/movies. I prefer people that are famous for their works, like Maya Angelou who I saw a few years back.

;) I know...I'm wierd. ;)

IRescue452
03-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Many of the comedians on comedy central end up at the bar we have on campus, Gaelic Storm http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=gaelic+storm/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=129tnthg2/EXP=1111635376/*-http%3A//www.rambles.net/illustrations/gaelic_storm.jpg Keb Mo, some songwriter for country singers name slips my mind, local newscasters, local radio personalities, Ozzie's kids, there's more but I can't think of em all

Uabassoon
03-22-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm so jealous TOM SKEERIT he is so sexy!!!!!!!

Then you might be happy to know he's a really nice guy. We were sad when he finished filming, he came in and said good bye and told us how much he enjoyed stopping into our store every morning. He was surprisingly a little on the shy side, but like I said very nice. He also tipped very well!

IRescue452
03-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Jana Stanfield, Chris Botti, many NASCAR drivers, everybody in 2004 PGA. I don't really get excited about anybody famous. They are just another person to me. Usually I don't even recognize famous people and if you say their name I'm just as confused (exceptions for rock and metal groups and NASCAR).

PJ's Mom
03-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I'm not really into stars. I don't understand the facination with people on TV/movies.

I feel the same way, which is probably why I've never met any celebs and don't really care if I do. :)

schteve_d
03-22-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm not so much into stars either......but these are the ones I've met (most of "low grade stars"!) lol.

Dr. Hook
Barney Bental
Brian Mulroney (don't really count that one!)
Tie Domi
George Thorogood
Richard Gere
Brian Adams
Holly Cole
Gord Downie
The drummer from Spirit of the West (can't think of his name right now)

That's about all I can think of right now.

I had to look back and laugh, you Americans probably don't know who the hell I'm talkin' about!! :D :D 'Cept maybe Richard Gere.

PJ's Mom
03-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by schteve_d
Brian Adams

Bryan Adams, the singer? If it is, I know him and Richard Gere. :D

CountryWolf07
03-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Country artists:

Kenny Chesney
Chris Cagle (3x)
Lonestar (4x)
Trick Pony
Big & Rich
Dierks Bentley
Jimmy Wayne
Rascal Flatts
Montgomery Gentry
Trent Willmon
Jamie O'Neal
Aaron Lines

I met Crystal Benard from "WINGS" long time ago.. probably when I was 10 years old..

schteve_d
03-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Oh, the one I forgot, though I didn't really meet her!

I was driving around Hollywood checkin' out the stars homes and turned into a driveway to turn around just as a car was coming out, then I had to wait for two cars to go by before I could back out. Turns out I had Jennifer Lopez fairly pissed at me!! lol

cocker_luva
03-22-2005, 10:57 PM
ive seen jason alexander at disney world 6 years ago. he was with his family, and they asked him to do an interview for us in a theater.

Cincy'sMom
03-22-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't think I have really met anybody too famous...got autographs from a few Cleveland Brown's players, but if you aren't into football, they probablly aren't even names anyone has heard. (Clarance Weathers, Mike pagel, Webster Slaughter). I also knew Gavin Creel in high school (he was in a couple of TV Disney movies...Eloise at at the Plaza, Eloise at Christmas Time).

Ralph can lay claim to knowing a few celebrities...Katie Holmes is from Toledo, and Ralph "taught" her to dance. (He helped chreograph a musical she was in, before she was famous). Also, Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) is his cousin.

manda_moo87
03-22-2005, 11:19 PM
I saw Eric Braedon (Young & the Restless) at the mall once.
Tom Selleck (saw in Hawaii, when I was very young)
Cher (in concert)
Sarah McLachlan (in concert, I haven't actually seen her yet, the concert is in a couple weeks)

I'm also seeing Cher again in concert next month and might get to meet her! :D If I do I think I'll die!!

Oggyflute
03-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Met quite a few people when I was in the airforce doing VIP flights. PM & Govenor General etc. Met the Queen & Prince Phillip, numerous others that were probably fairly well known down under, but not so much internationally.

vinjashira
03-23-2005, 03:07 AM
I met the Pope in 1997 when I went to Rome - quite an experience :)

GraciesMommy
03-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Too many concerts to count but personally got to meet and get autographs: George Strait, Jon Anderson, Reba

Up close and personal: I worked as hostess for Volunteer Appreiciation ( I was a state employee at the time) when Clinton was Gov and it was at the Gov Mansion every year so he was always there. Talked to him for about 5 min once about jogging of all things...

I was on the same flight as the Oakridge Boys going to Nashville once. Once of them told me he liked my sweatshirt I was wearing..I just stood there and said "thanks"...geesh..

davidpizzica
03-23-2005, 06:44 AM
I never met any celebrities face to face, but when I was working on the golf course one time, I found a pitching wedge belonging to Bill Cowher the head oach of the Steelers. Also my father went to the same school with Jimmy Stewart in Indiana, Pa. Also the the golf course I work on was used for the golfing scenes for the movie "houseguest" with Sinbad.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-23-2005, 06:55 AM
I've been to several concerts, but never really met anyone, and I don't really care to.

When I was in middle school General Hospital did a taping in my town. When Luke, Laura, and Lucky returned, it was taped in my small little town in upstate New York. They had the "triple L diner" which was really the Newark Diner that they changed the name for the show. I got to see them tape the scene where the truck blew up. It was very cool.

My boss got to talk to Jack Hanna on the phone. He had called the boarding facility that I'm manager of. His friend, a dog trainer in our town who is the head trainer for Sea World told him about our facility. It was a great honor to have Jack Hanna commend us on our boarding facility!

Lacey
03-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Never met any big movie stars or the like, but a couple of years ago I got out to the San Diego Comicon (aka Comic Geek Mecca! :D) and saw many of great comic peoples!

Rikki Simmons and Tavisha Wolfgarth Simmons (Reality Check, Ranklechick and his Three-legged Cat, Shutterbox) - I felt like I was stalking these two because I kept bumping into them everywhere. Even got to sit behind them during Spike and Mike's Sick and Twisted Animation Festival (the highlight of which was a short called Dr. Tran).

Roman Dirge (Lenore) - I was meeting up with a friend who was waiting in line to get him to sign some stuff for her. He was a really nice guy!

Fred Perry (Gold Digger) - I was too shy to go over to him, but I just saw him and was just going, "Eeeee! That's the guy who puts out my favorite comic!" inside.

And there were a bunch of others there too, but those - for me - were the big ones.

Also, I was on the lookout for Wally Wingert (voice actor), but never bumped into him. All I knew was that he was dressed as Batman, but the only Batman I saw wasn't him. Knem him, though. Told me to be on the lookout for a guy dressed as an Adam West Batman.

EssTer
03-23-2005, 07:59 AM
I believe concerts doesnt count, huh?

Well there is one quite famos singer in Iceland (he sang in Eurovision 2004 - for those who come from Europe will know what´s Eurovsion lol). And once I went to bank, and saw him, though I didnt recognize him first. I was staring (lol) at him and thinking where I have seen him and then I remembered who he was lol...I guess he didnt feel good when he saw I was staring at him muahaha...

moosmom
03-23-2005, 09:01 AM
I met Paul Newman when I was on the CT State Police. We got a call for a "suspicious" black stretch limo behind a McDonalds on I-95 in West Haven, CT. The driver wasn't there (turns out he was in the bathroom in McDonalds) so I knocked on the back window. The black tinted window rolled down and there he was, with those HUGE blue eyes!! I just about melted!! My best friend wanted to know why I didn't ask for his autograph. I was too speechless!!

I've also met Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel when they were first starting out (my dad was a news photographer and was assigned to take their picture, so I went along). Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits, John Denver, Jackson Brown, Dave Brubeck, Peter, Paul and Mary.

Those are one of the perks of being the daughter of a photojournalist!!! ;)

slick
03-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Most people don't know this about me but I once had an affair with Richard Gere......

....well I was sleeping....but it seemed real at the time.....:D ;)

Samantha Puppy
03-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Randall Cunningham (football player) - he told me I was cute

Oprah Winfrey - She told my mom to get me into modeling and acting classes.

bluekat
03-23-2005, 04:50 PM
I don't think I've seen ANYONE famous in person before :( lol

lizbud
03-23-2005, 04:58 PM
I sorta met the Devine Miss M , Bette Midler in a New York
Club date. She walked through the audience going to the stage
and tripped over my foot.:D She's very tiny person. Maybe 5 ft
tall at most.:)

jazzcat
03-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by slick
Most people don't know this about me but I once had an affair with Richard Gere......

....well I was sleeping....but it seemed real at the time.....:D ;)
ROFLOL, oh Slick!!!!

animal_rescue
03-23-2005, 07:02 PM
I've met, hugged, and talked to Ryan Cooley *drools* such a hottie!:D

delidog
03-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Because I spent the first half of my life in the Show Jumping industry,I was privileged to meet Many Very Famous...and some Unfamous,but Very Privileged people.....

Prince Phillip
Princess Anne & Cap't.Mark Phillips
Paul Newman,Joanne Woodward,Clea Newman
Andy Warhol
Bill Devane
Richard Gere
Sly Stallone
Zsa-Zsa Gabor
Tommy Lee Jones
Martin Sheen
Marshall Field VI
Don Kirshner
Vincent Price
Jack Wild (Artful Dodger..Oliver)
Greg Allman
Bruce Springsteen
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
William Shatner
Christoper Reeve
So Many More

Famous People LOVE to ride...Or they love their children to ride!!!
Its' a Very Interesting Business!!!!!
And Fun!!!

QueenScoopalot
03-23-2005, 08:03 PM
I never actually met her, but was in a Mexican restaurant where Nancy Kerrigan was eating. She comes off as a total snot...sorry to say. :rolleyes: For those who have no clue who she is, Nancy was in the Olympics (6?) years back, and was attacked by Tonya Harding's cohorts.
http://www.nancyfans.com/photos/billiards.gif

wolflady
03-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I'm not really into stars. I don't understand the facination with people on TV/movies. I prefer people that are famous for their works, like Maya Angelou who I saw a few years back.

;) I know...I'm wierd. ;)

LOL I'm with you on this one too, Kelly. Famous people could walk right in front of me and I wouldn't know it! LOL

The famous people encounters I've had include:

Heywood Banks (2x)
Jimmy Stewart - didn't even notice him, but my friend Julie pointed him out when we were at the mall when I was home in Indiana visiting over Christmas holiday...LOL
Neil Armstrong - He's a Kappa Kappa Psi brother. He came to one of our homecoming events when I was at Purdue
Jason Bateman (Iindy500)
Florence Henderson (2x - Indy500)
Jack Nicholson (Indy500)
You see a lot of famous people at the Indy500, there's more I'm just forgetting at the moment...

A.R. Rahman - If you're not into Indian music, then you wouldn't know who this person is, but he's huge in India.
S.P. Balasubramaniam - Indian vocalist

ramanth
03-24-2005, 09:22 AM
I've met many of the Star Wars actors and actresses at conventions.

But my favorite memories are from when I met Sean Astin and Joss Whedon. :D

Very, very nice guys.

Me and Sam!! I mean... Sean. ;) :D
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/gen_con_2003/sean_kim.jpg

Me and Joss Whedon
http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/wizardworld04/out/images/Last%20Import%20-%2020.jpg

ramanth
03-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Karen, I'd love to meet George Lucas. Just to say hi and shake his hand. :D

IRescue.... I met Gaelic Storm after they performed here in East Lansing. Other than from Titanic, I had never heard of them. They signed the CD I bought and I've been a fan ever since! :D

My sister won backstage passes to a Bare Naked Ladies concert. She also got to interview them for the local radio station. I tagged along and when she wasn't interviewing someone, I chatted with them. They are so funny. :D

pitc9
03-24-2005, 09:33 AM
I've met the band Better Than Ezra.
(I doubt anyone knows who they are)

When my hubby and I were on our way home from our honeymoon Halle Berry was sitting two rows in front of us on our plane!

What's weird is that when my sister and her hubby were on there way home from their honeymoon, they met Keith Richards in an airport and got pictures with him.

Since my hubby's been living in Las Vegas, he's been seeing a few famous people, last week he held a door open for Pete Rose and his wife. He always sees famous people when he drops in the Hard Rock.

ramanth
03-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by pitc9
I've met the band Better Than Ezra.
(I doubt anyone knows who they are)
I do! I have some of their CD's. :D

K9soul
03-24-2005, 12:55 PM
I served John Tesch and Connie Seleca when I worked as a waitress in Branson, MO. Saw George (Sr) and Barbara Bush twice, (when I still lived in MO) once in a small town parade and then my high school band played for a reelection rally held in Springfield. David and I met Penn and Teller after they put on a show at the university we were going to. Only people I can really think of :)

swimma253
03-24-2005, 01:41 PM
I've met George Bush at some thing where he was getting ready to leave on his jet. He told me to listen to my mother, and then I shook his finger through the fence. :p He was really nice. :)

I had the chance to meet Britney Spears, but was too scared totalk to her. I was only 8-9... :p

I have met Leann Rimes...

I think thats about it. :) lol

Carly

Cincy'sMom
03-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
I do! I have some of their CD's. :D

I think I have 1 or 2 as well

carole
03-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Well we don't get quite as many opportunties to run into big stars here, but we are getting more down under nowadays, as we are making some very successful movies here, but alas I have never seen anyone famous here.

On my trip to Universal Studios many moons ago, I was really annoyed that not one famous person was about, they claimed they were all out on location, just my luck eh?

My son is best friends with singers Daniel Bedingfield and Natasha Bedingfields cousin, if that counts.:D

I would love to meet Simon Baker,from The Guardian, he is such a hottie.;)

I have only ever seen Eagles, and Ricki Martin, and Donny and Marie Osmond live on stage, front row seats for the osmonds, but the others were a long way back, I won tickets to the first two, and even though I was not a big fan of Ricki, his performance was fantastic.

P.S The cute dentist from extreme makeover(cannot remember his name) was here down under for a Dental Conference, he is someone I would have loved to meet, he seems so caring and sweet, and he is cute as well.:D :D