PDA

View Full Version : Newbie coming over from the doggie board! (kitty pic)

tricollie4me
03-22-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm more often over on the doggie boards because we have a newly adopted tri collie -- that pup takes up nearly all our energy! I had been told how much work a pup takes, but I figured I could handle it since our adoption for our torti kitty went so smoothly back in January, but boy, was I in for a shock! That said, our kitty deserves an introduction too, so here goes:

Hubby, kids and I went a-shoppin' for some tropical fish. Long story short, by the end of the day we had our Bonnie!

http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/bonnie_closeup_032105.jpg

She's independent for the most part but will sometimes seek me out for a cuddle which I love. I always feel so honored, lol! Today I brushed and groomed her a bit which was really nice. She's beautiful and I admire her temperament -- I wish I could be as laid-back and sure of myself as my Bonnie lass!

http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/bonnie_its_all_about_attitude_032105_2.jpg

She's about nine months old now and seems to be happy with us -- she's extraordinarily tolerant of our pup -- lets the pup pick her up in her mouth or drag her around a bit by the leg or torso. I think Bonnie just must shake her little head and think, "here comes that goofy puppy that wants to pretend I'm her baby!" I'm very careful that Bonnie is safe, however, and I never let them play unsupervised or for very long. Bonnie is our alpha kitty, afterall! At least once daily I find Bonnie and our pup, Bijou, grooming one another in the sunlight that streams into our dining room...it's actually quite sweet!

I hope to check in more often -- though Bonnie is quite self-sufficient, I'm still learning!

Uabassoon
03-22-2005, 07:06 PM
She's beautiful! I'm happy to see you sharing her pictures :) You need to post about her more often!

NoahsMommy
03-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Wow! Bonnie is stunning! She has amazing eyes and I love her coloring!! :)

She sounds like a fun kitty! Glad she gets along well with the new pup!

Oh! Welcome to the cat side! ;)

I'm Kelly and I have 8 indoor cats. We just lost our 9th, you can see her in my siggy. :(

catnapper
03-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the cat side!!! Bonnie is stunning! She looks like my Abby, with white. I call her a "Torbie" because she's a tabby and a torbie, and I have a *little* fixation with tabbies... and she had to fit into my tabby collection somehow! LOL

I also have 3 tabbies named Allen, Pouncer and Harry.

CalliesMom
03-22-2005, 07:28 PM
That black line running down her nose is too cute! She is such a beautiful girl.

My name is Sarah and I'm owned by the three kitties and turtle in my signature.

christa
03-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the cat side!

Wow, she is really beautiful! Her coloring is stunning! Such a beautifully marked face!

We definitely hope to see you back on the cat side with more pics of this beautiful baby!!!

;)

Jayna78
03-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Welcome! :) Your Bonnie is beautiful - she reminds me a lot of our calico tabby Leila (markings, size and all) - not sure their temperments are similar, b/c our Leila has multiple personalities, but they do resemble each other. :) I'd love to see more pictures of her in the future! :)

kaoK'okung
03-22-2005, 08:06 PM
yes, welcome to the purrrfect side...:) :) ...please do post more on "the cat side"....very nice pics of bonnie the alpha cat!!!!...:D :D

catmandu
03-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Sometimes unexpected treasures,just come,to you!I went out for a News Paper,one noght,and came up,with Mr Scrappy,a life time friend.Your Kitty,is one Gorgeous Cat,and may she give you,the years of love,that I had,with Mr Scrappy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SCRAPMIK.jpg

rg_girlca
03-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the cat side.

Your Bonnie is absolutely GORGEOUS. What a sweet, sweet face. I would love to see pictures, if you can capture it, of Bonnie and your pup grooming each other in the sunlight. That must be so precious.

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous girl with us and hope to hear more about you and your Bonnie.

You can see my babies in my signature.

RedHedd
03-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Welcome to the cat side.

Your Bonnie is absolutely GORGEOUS. What a sweet, sweet face. I would love to see pictures, if you can capture it, of Bonnie and your pup grooming each other in the sunlight. That must be so precious. I was going to say that! Your Bonnie is GORGEOUS! We MUST see more of her!

jazzcat
03-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Welcome!

Bonnie is beautiful, I love her markings.

kimlovescats
03-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Bonnie is stunning! Congratulations on your first cat! I say "first" because if you hang around here for long, you won't have just one!!!;)

krazyaboutkatz
03-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the cat side!:D Bonnie sure is gorgeous and I'm glad to hear that she gets along with your new puppy too. I hope to see you over hear more often and please remember to post lots of pictures.:D

jenluckenbach
03-23-2005, 05:17 AM
Bonnie is just lovely. When did you say you were getting your second cat? ;) (hee hee)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Bonnie is a stunning beauty!! I'd love to see a pic of her, grooming the doggie!! ;) :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Bonnie is gorgeous! Thanks for posting.

dukedogsmom
03-23-2005, 12:34 PM
What a cute kitty! If you are ever lucky enough to get a photo of them washing each other, we would love to see it. Glad she's happy at your place. She is sure pretty.

tricollie4me
03-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Here are a few shots from the other day when our pup and our kitty were doing the mutual grooming thang ;)

This is when they were stretching to get as close to one another's faces as possible:
http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/bonnie_bijou_streeeetching_032105.JPG

This is our pup doing the "soggy nog" style kisses to Bonnie's head:
http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/bonnie_bijou_bij_kissing_bons_paw_032105.JPG

This is our pup and our kitty doing the "you wash me and I'll wash you" ritual:
http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/bonnie_bijou_mutual_groomers_society.jpg

And here's what they look like when they're settling in for a nap together:
http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/bijou_and_bonnie_peacefully_coexist_for_.JPG

Thanks for looking! :)

NoahsMommy
03-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Oh my....what an adorable duo!!! ♥ ♥

Its so cute they get along so well. :)

rg_girlca
03-23-2005, 07:22 PM
OMG...Thank you soooo much for these adorable pictures.
Talk about cuteness overload.

Oh Gosh, look at that sweet, sweet, adorable, precious face on Bonnie in that last picture. I think i'm in love.

Oh she is such a doll.:)

Also your pup is so adorable.

chocolatepuppy
03-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Aw...your Bonnie is a real cutie! It's great that her and your pup are doing so well!

CalliesMom
03-23-2005, 07:40 PM
OMG! The pics of your puppy and kitty are tttttooooooooooo cute!

catnapper
03-23-2005, 07:40 PM
What gorgeous pictures! Reminds me of spaking to one of my former foster... I was so worried he wouldn't be happy without any cats (he was REALLY attached to his sibling) I called after he was with his new family a few weeks, and they reported that he was as happy as could be and always wet. Wet? Yup, wet. Because their dog insists he beeds a bath and is always slobbering all over him! :D

QueenScoopalot
03-23-2005, 08:19 PM
You lost me with this precious sight! :) :) :)
http://iblinkedyougrew.typepad.com/photos/everywhere_a_pup_pup/bonnie_bijou_streeeetching_032105.JPG
I love how different species bond so strongly. :D A love affair if I've ever seen one! ;)

kaoK'okung
03-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Zip and Shy did a double take on those pics!!!!:D :D ...the one of bonnie and dog(name? sry if i missed it) under chair, stretching,is incredible!!!!!!...(there has to be some kinda of photo contest you could enter that in??!!)...:)

dukedogsmom
03-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Those are so sweet. Makes you say "AWWWWWW" I would frame some of those if I were you.

MULTICATMOM
03-23-2005, 10:33 PM
I'M A DOG PERSON, THAT CONVERTED!! LEASHES & WHEELCHAIRS AREN'T A GOOD MIX!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ACTUALLY, I'VE ALWAYS HAD BOTH...
CATS ARE DIFFERENT BUT THEY WALK THEMSELVES, GENERALLY, DON'T CHEW MY SHOES & YOU CAN LEAVE THE ROOM!! I RECENTLY FOSTERED A 6 MONTH OLD PUPPY, WHAT A JOB:rolleyes: :rolleyes: CAN'T TRUST THEM FOR A SECOND...LIKE HAVING A TODDLER. CATS ARE MORE LIKE TEENS, YOU SEE MORE OF THEM WHEN THEY ARE HUNGRY;)

dukedogsmom
03-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Here. You needed a signature. Hope you like it!
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/bijoubonniesig.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
03-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Those last pictures of both of them together are priceless. I'm so glad that they get along so well.:D

Jayna78
03-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Those pictures were soooo precious! :) I love to see cats and dogs getting along so well together - collies and cats are so beautiful - yours are sweet and well-matched!