PDA

View Full Version : BIG MISTAKE

Ann
08-03-2001, 04:15 PM
on dogoftheday the webmasters made a huuuuuuuuge mistake... instead of writing "Life" in the name section "Archie" was written...

im still waiting for my Oliver to be picked and i know id be really dissapointed if the name was written wrong, so you really ought to fix that up ASAP!!

Ann
08-03-2001, 05:31 PM
im NOT talking about the topic in one of the forums!! im talking about the actual website dogoftheday.com!!! there the webmasters made the mistake of writing the name wrong. im nto talking about some member posting some topic in the forums but about the actual webmasters messing up and writing the wrong name on the website.

hope that clarifies it.

Ann
08-03-2001, 06:03 PM
no i can bet anything the webmasters did NOT recieve it that way... if you remember yesterdays dog of the day youll remember that his name was indeed Archie. the webmasters simply just missed changing the name from Archie to Life. as simple as that... thats a very common mistake when building website cause you never re-write the HTML when updating something, you just copy it and change whatever is necessary... the webmasters just did a big mistake and didnt change the name this time.

im hoping theyll fix it soon tho cause i do feel sorry for Life having the wrong name credited. does the webmasters normally go into these forums and read this or??

Ann
08-03-2001, 06:13 PM
well i just mailed them just in case they dont visit the forums frequently. hopefully itll be fixed soon :)

Karen
08-03-2001, 07:26 PM
We apologize for getting Life's name wrong in the text below. It is correct in his archive page, and now correct on the homepage as well. I hadn't noticed it because, of course, the nameplate where it says "Dog of the Day" on his picture says "Life" and that's normally what I go by. And, of course, within the text it says Life, which is also something I check. My mistake, and my apologies.

Karen
08-03-2001, 07:29 PM
In the future, it's faster to email a mistake you've noticed than discuss it on the forums. With days like today, having 52 active topics so far, though I AM reading the forums, it's a lot easier and likelier for me to catch an email or an "instant message," which is a perfect way to communicate it.

aly
08-04-2001, 12:21 AM
I don't think that mistake was THAT big. Heck, I'd have made dozens of typos and mistakes by now :)

Keep up the good work Karen!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-04-2001, 09:59 AM
If I had a dollar for every mistake I make I would be a millionaire. Karen, I really don't know how you keep things going so smooth, you do a really wonderful job and you too Paul.